PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Celtic nation
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Celtic nation  (Read 6208 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Celtic nation
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »

The reason why this notion of the "Celtic brethren" supporting their own club will fail is essentially there is no such thing except in the imaginations of silly old men from America. More pertinently those of us who would presumably qualify as one of it's number aren't likely to fall for such a lot of patronising guff from a plainly deluded numpty. So there.

I am hardly going to fall for this one considering the missery of supporting Alty and kidding myself for nearly 50 years that we will be a FL club ;)
I also think you are the right person to advise Cruikshank and other ignorant posters that Glasgow Celtic is not an exclusively Irish Catholic club. Celtic does draw support from Ireland, more so because of the exclusion imposed by Rangers.

I'm a catholic,and I'm not ignorant,although i never realised the Scottish national flag was green white and gold.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »

I reckon they need the bloke from oxford to maximise their branding then they really would have a recipe for disaster.....

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »

anyway this idea of celtic getting into the top flight via a Trojan club has already been tried and failed by....... Stalybridge!  ;D

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

anyway this idea of celtic getting into the top flight via a Trojan club has already been tried and failed by....... Stalybridge!  ;D

;D

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:45 AM »

[
[/quote]

I am hardly going to fall for this one considering the missery of supporting Alty and kidding myself for nearly 50 years that we will be a FL club ;)
I also think you are the right person to advise Cruikshank and other ignorant posters that Glasgow Celtic is not an exclusively Irish Catholic club. Celtic does draw support from Ireland, more so because of the exclusion imposed by Rangers.
[/quote]

I'm a catholic,and I'm not ignorant,although i never realised the Scottish national flag was green white and gold. [/quote]

Neither is the Irish flag as it's colours are Green, White and Orange (not gold). The make up being Green representing the indigineous Celts, Orange for the settlers mainly in the north and white in the middle being the symbol of peace between the two. Also not all Celtic fans are Catholic, neither do all Catholics support Celtic. Again I repeat that this post has nothing to do with Alty.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 05:57:40 AM »

celtic and Rangers for that matter will never join and English league as doing so will fall straight into the hands of Fifa and there daft plan they have had for years of having One Great British team.I was surprised we got away with it at the Olypmics
Harold

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »

There may be scope for an English team playing 'home' matches in Glasgow.  Remember the talk a few years ago of prem matches being played overseas.  There are a number of clubs, including Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U that would quite easily fill Hampden Park for a league game. I don't want any of that to happen, but it's more likely than Celtic or lower league Rangers joining an English league.

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »

I'd have celtic in the premier league over sh*te like Wigan and Hull.

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »

How dare you question media darling plucky brave Wigan! :o

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »

Wigan despite going down played good football to watch Celtic play kick and run if that's what you want more teams to play like that's  fair enough
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:31:02 PM by Jimmy »

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »

Leave my home town club alone you bully !

Come on you Tigers !!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Celtic nation