PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twitter/facebook Updates: Trafford v Altrincham
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Twitter/facebook Updates: Trafford v Altrincham  (Read 7347 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »

Dan Whitelegg will be providing regular updates on Twitter & half-time & full time updates on facebook for the game at Shawe View this evening.

There is no coverage on Radio Robins of this game.

Robin Reliant

Re: Twitter/facebook Updates: Trafford v Altrincham
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:05 AM »

Dan Whitelegg will be providing regular updates on Twitter & half-time & full time updates on facebook for the game at Shawe View this evening.

There is no coverage on Radio Robins of this game.

How will we nontwits cope.... :'( :'(

Boo...Flynnout!!   ;D ;D ;D

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »

Flynny should do one of those old 1970s World Cups style commentaries that were done over the phone!

Remember them anyone?

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:49:57 PM »

Starting team for Alty - Reid, Leather, Havern, Williams, Doughty, Clee, Boshell, Rodgers, Moult, Perry, Walshaw

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »

Come on Alty

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »

Sinnout!  Trafford goal (26) - Doughty tackle leads to Trafford free kick on the edge of box. Set piece curled into bottom corner. Trafford 1-0 Alty

and Trafford Goal (29) - Reid spills ball to feet of the attacker who bundles it into an empty net. Trafford 2-0 Alty

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

Half time. Trafford 2-0 Altrincham. Not much to shout about for the Robins so far. Lack of width and looking out of ideas up front.

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:46:27 PM »

One sub at half time for Alty. Lawrie replaces Moult.

ALTY CHANCE (53) - Lawrie picks up the ball before surging into the box and ghosting past the centre half. Shoots just wide across goal.

ALTY CHANCE (61) - Walshaw receives through ball in the box but shoots wide under pressure.

ALTY CHANCE (71) - quick free kick sees a one two between Lawrie and Walshaw, with the latter eventually closed down by the Trafford keeper.

ALTY CHANCE (85) - Perry fires over an open goal from 5 yards out. Sums up the evening really.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:28:05 PM by Hamilton »

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

Sounds like a pile of cack: Full time. Trafford 2-0 Alty. Game best forgotten really.

VofD

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »

:-[ :-[ :-[

markecky

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 10:20:03 PM »

Very disjointed performance all over the pitch.  Not much went right at all.

I think with Dens, Richman, Reeves and Stuart in it might have been different but, especially first half, we were very poor.  Created a little more in the second half but with no end product.

And sorry of it's harsh but I would not be confident in Adam Reid if he was forced into starting a league game.  He needs to come on a bit yet for me.

As ever, great tidy setup against Trafford and they looked OK without being spectacular.

A sh*t end to a sh*t day for me!

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 10:59:28 PM »

Very disjointed performance all over the pitch.  Not much went right at all.

I think with Dens, Richman, Reeves and Stuart in it might have been different but, especially first half, we were very poor.  Created a little more in the second half but with no end product.

And sorry of it's harsh but I would not be confident in Adam Reid if he was forced into starting a league game.  He needs to come on a bit yet for me.

As ever, great tidy setup against Trafford and they looked OK without being spectacular.

A sh*t end to a sh*t day for me!
We were spectacularly bad. And whilst we deserved nothing, it has to be noted that even ATS acknowledged that the referee was disgracefully poor. Saturday, Halifax is a vital yardstick to our progress since last season (if any). 

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »

halifax also lost tonight,we still need a couple of fresh faces in imo

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »

Nothing to do with tonight we need atleast 3 who are quality players at this level and would walk into team I didn't go tonight so can't comment On the actual game
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:08:03 PM by Jimmy »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »

Couldn't understand what sort of formation we were trying to play tonight if I'm honest, but that's what preseason games are for. A few points though.

* I acknowledge we had players missing but we were that uneffective down the right side we actually stopped playing it down that side, we must sign an attacking right sided player that can beat a man and put a cross in

* Frustration set in far too quickly, the ref was not fit for this level, and things were frustrating out there but needless bookings for dissent will cost us dear, as will petty spats with opposing players.

* Looked for one more pass too many times, if there's an opening at 2 down have a dig.

The friendlies are about fitness and trying things out, we tried something's out, it didnt work. The yardstick friendlies are Saturday against Halifax (who lost 5-3 at BPA tonight) and Wrexham (who won 1-2 at Colwyn bay tonight)

We really do need another right sided winger for balance if nothing else. Not sure what 11 I'd pick to start at Worcester just yet, was getting close, but after tonight Im not so sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team