PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good feeling about the coming season
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good feeling about the coming season  (Read 6317 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »

Firstly thanks to Richie for hosting a superb relaxed event last night, very enjoyable. Secondly I thought the new recruits and current players came across very well. You can see they are all comfortable in each others company already, and the team spirit seems to be fantastic already. We don't do overstated press quotes about us doing this and doing that in the coming season, but we have a supremely talented, and supremely fit group of players, with a quiet determination to win promotion. The full weekend training camp this weekend is a very professional approach, and six hours running in that heat yesterday, and the same today tells you the focus these lads have.

Baldrick

Re: Good feeling about the coming season
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »

I think the loss of Duncan Watmore will cost the club automatic promotion. A place in the play offs is a realistic target.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »

I think the loss of Duncan Watmore will cost the club automatic promotion. A place in the play offs is a realistic target.

Agree, UNLESS we are still to bring 3 good first team calibre players of equal or better calibre than our current first team to ensure we keep the bench HOT not just warm.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »

I have to disagree. I think the money we obtained from selling Duncan will enable us to strengthen in all areas and will be just what we need to get us out of this division.
I would give all the money back for one more season of watching him in an Alty shirt though.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

think the loss of Duncan in terms of goals has been hopefully compensated for by the signing of walshaw....the other areas of the first team including creativity need strengthening.. although the squad is stronger, the first XI isn't so play offs will be realistic but by no means automatic currently......

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »

I have to disagree. I think the money we obtained from selling Duncan will enable us to strengthen in all areas and will be just what we need to get us out of this division.

It should do

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:50:43 AM »

Yes Duncan will  be missed ,but one player doesn't make a team ,and so far the players we have signed look good to me ,still need goalkeeping cover imo .

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

Yes Duncan will  be missed ,but one player doesn't make a team ,and so far the players we have signed look good to me ,still need goalkeeping cover imo .

I have been saying that for years, and each time that Alty FC legend Stuart Coburn makes me look a right prat by putting in another superb season.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »

True but need cover , don't think Reid quite ready .

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »

I only blame him for one of the six goals he's conceded so far. He's vastly improved from the lad I saw at Blyth 18 months ago. Remember we can't expect a quality proven keeper to sit on the bench every week gnashing his teeth while England's Number One performs the heroics we take for granted. As cover, he's good enough in my book.

roytonmike

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »

I only blame him for one of the six goals he's conceded so far. He's vastly improved from the lad I saw at Blyth 18 months ago. Remember we can't expect a quality proven keeper to sit on the bench every week gnashing his teeth while England's Number One performs the heroics we take for granted. As cover, he's good enough in my book.
This is absolutely right - and the same might be said in other positions. I think it is fair enough to hope for some more acquisitions and to trust the management team in this regard, but a trifle unrealistic to expect players to turn down regular football elsewhere in favour of a squad place here.

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

At the moment, i'd say we were no better, or worse than half a dozen other clubs. Unlike in recent seasons there really doesn't seem to be an obvious winner, though Telford have signed well. Perhaps the policy of spending money on players for the run in after Xmas will pay off, but i suspect we are a quality right winger/ attacking midfielder off a title winning team. Only time will tell.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »

I agree with Brian 1925, just think we need a winger now for the right side; a right footed Nicky Clee type would do the trick; or preferably a right footed Paul Showler. Buying my season ticket today by the way!

Still time to get in a player, but may be better getting at the start of the season as players are still trying to find clubs, I am sure Lee and Neil have got this all covered.

JDN

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 09:55:20 AM »

A must win tonight

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »

I agree with Brian 1925, just think we need a winger now for the right side; a right footed Nicky Clee type would do the trick; or preferably a right footed Paul Showler. Buying my season ticket today by the way!

Still time to get in a player, but may be better getting at the start of the season as players are still trying to find clubs, I am sure Lee and Neil have got this all covered.

Would be ideal
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team