PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam brownhill
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Liam brownhill  (Read 14096 times)

Robins Retweet

Re: Liam brownhill
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »

He's not a 19 year old up and coming prospect, he's a late 20s journey man that's never played higher than bottom 4 conference football, how would that help?

its not about brownhill now, its about if u think our left side is good enough and will stay fit enough to keep the balance of the team all season. i think we are at least a player short as i think we need back up on that side to kick on and get promoted
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:53:03 PM by Are we human ...or are we densmore »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

You don't think our left side has enough cover with Doughty, Williams,Leather all capable of playing left back and Clee,Lawrie,Walshaw all capable of playing on the left wing?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »

You don't think our left side has enough cover with Doughty, Williams,Leather all capable of playing left back and Clee,Lawrie,Walshaw all capable of playing on the left wing?
from what ive seen lawrie and leather are'nt any good on the left, walshaw is a striker, and williams is also a natural centre back so what i can see is no balance in the squad and a square peg round hole situation appearing, of course this is all ok unless you want to challenge for promotion
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:23:01 PM by Are we human ...or are we densmore »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »

Don't forget that Kyle Perry can also play left side of midfield.

Williams is recognised as either a CB or LB and has been equally successful in either position

Jezza

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:39 PM »

Is sam grimshaw still with us or is he out on loan? I'd like to see how he has developed.

I think we need the 1st XI improving before we look at cover.....the squad has improved over the close season making a far better subs bench.

So I'd still say we need a right winger, first choice centre half, and maybe a real quality midfielder..... in that order......at the moment I would put us as play off contenders...one of those signings would make the play offs likely....all 3 would make us challengers for the title.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

from what ive seen lawrie and leather are'nt any good on the left, walshaw is a striker, and williams is also a natural centre back so what i can see is no balance in the squad and a square peg round hole situation appearing, of course this is all ok unless you want to challenge for promotion

Lawrie no good on the left... hmm!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 05:35:42 PM »

Williams has played as many games at left back as he has at centre back and Walshaw has played countless games on the left wing!

Robins Retweet

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »

Williams has played as many games at left back as he has at centre back and Walshaw has played countless games on the left wing!
greg young has played plenty of games at left back but it didnt mean he was any good at it

Robins Retweet

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »

Don't forget that Kyle Perry can also play left side of midfield.

Williams is recognised as either a CB or LB and has been equally successful in either position
from what ive heard and seen he is a CB phil

roytonmike

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »

Is sam grimshaw still with us or is he out on loan? I'd like to see how he has developed.
I think we need the 1st XI improving before we look at cover.....the squad has improved over the close season making a far better subs bench.
So I'd still say we need a right winger, first choice centre half, and maybe a real quality midfielder..... in that order......at the moment I would put us as play off contenders...one of those signings would make the play offs likely....all 3 would make us challengers for the title.
According to the main website he is registered with Radcliffe Borough - I take that to mean a permanent move.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 06:03:56 PM »

Anyway all this will be irrelivent when LS signs a left midfielder this week.....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »

We won't be signing another left sided player,Williams was first choice left back at Kidderminster for about 3 seasons..... flimsy argument this mate just to get a gig for some bloke you know from the pub..

Robins Retweet

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »

We won't be signing another left sided player,Williams was first choice left back at Kidderminster for about 3 seasons..... flimsy argument this mate just to get a gig for some bloke you know from the pub..
not at all pete im not arsed about liam it was him that put himself up for a gig at alty not me, williams is now a centre half though otherwise you would see doughty replaced by him first game im sure

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »

Why? How many times was Matt doughty exposed last year?? And his attacking overlapping give us another string to our attacking bow, why wouldn't he get in your first X1

Jimmy

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

Football is about opinions and in mine I didn't notice us lose and more goals down our left than right I may be wrong
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam brownhill