PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam brownhill
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Liam brownhill  (Read 14092 times)

Jenga

Re: Liam brownhill
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 07:49:55 AM »

For the love of God. Is it 2008 again? If it is, not to worry because we've got a 2008 Matt Doughty who's by far the best left back we've had for a decade...

Come on folks.

Also agree with that. Personally i dont think we need a left sided player, as said before need a forward, two centre backs and right mid.

two centre backs?  Are you planning on dropping Havern or Leather or both?  I'd have thought one for competition for places / injury suspension etc and Carl as cover is enough?

Yes two, one to replace Danny hall of good quality and a squad player who could of course come from the youth team if any good enought, but yes I think we need two, I see Carl as cover as well but he may be needed to cover mid, imagine have run and bosh being injured at the same time for example.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »

I'm astounded that Brownhill's agent, Jacko, hasn't been on here to tell us all about this:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=4964

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »

I'm astounded that Brownhill's agent, Jacko, hasn't been on here to tell us all about this:

not much to say really, found a local club got a good deal after doughty re-signed it was inevitable, ive seen him since didnt talk much as i cant stand fcum  :D

Robins Retweet

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »

Just to add that buzz is a very hard working tough player that i like and i can understand why he's rated on here, but if im honest then i have to say his lack of pace in games last season was exploited by many teams and i only really get to home games, so i wouldnt say he was one of our better players at all.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »

not much to say really, found a local club got a good deal after doughty re-signed it was inevitable, ive seen him since didnt talk much as i cant stand fcum  :D

Somebody has told me that Brownhill happens to be a City fan, too.

Is that true?

Clever new Username, incidentally......but I cant stand The Killers!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »

Somebody has told me that Brownhill happens to be a City fan, too.

Is that true?

Clever new Username, incidentally......but I cant stand The Killers!

yes he is a city fan, he came to moss lane to watch us against oxford years back, he was impressed with the crowd more than anything, which may have come into play when going to fcum as they have decent support.

Im going to try and start the killers/densmore song when he scores ..... lets see how popular it is  ;D

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »

No thank you.
He had his chance.
One could say, his agent has done a good job for him!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »

Liam who ?

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »

[/quote]yes he is a city fan, he came to moss lane to watch us against oxford years back, he was impressed with the crowd more than anything, which may have come into play when going to fcum as they have decent support.

He went fo Fcum because they offered him best deal I'm not knocking him for that but that is a fact

Robins Retweet

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »

yes he is a city fan, he came to moss lane to watch us against oxford years back, he was impressed with the crowd more than anything, which may have come into play when going to fcum as they have decent support.

He went fo Fcum because they offered him best deal I'm not knocking him for that but that is a fact
[/quote]of course, he shopped around and got the deal he wanted, he definatly considered alty though

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »

That's good of him to consider Alty, a player that bar one season on parity has spent his whole career Playing at a lower level than we have been. I think the key in things like that is wether we considered him. I find it disrespectful to a player of the calibre of Matt Doughty to even have this discussion. Unibond league full backs are ten a penny, we have two seasoned conference left backs that have both played in the conference premier playoffs. The link play between buzz and nicky last season was exceptional, an almost telepathic understanding at times.

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »

Must admit, I can't understand why we're still talking about Brownhill.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »

That's good of him to consider Alty, a player that bar one season on parity has spent his whole career Playing at a lower level than we have been. I think the key in things like that is wether we considered him. I find it disrespectful to a player of the calibre of Matt Doughty to even have this discussion. Unibond league full backs are ten a penny, we have two seasoned conference left backs that have both played in the conference premier playoffs. The link play between buzz and nicky last season was exceptional, an almost telepathic understanding at times.
not really disrespectful as far as im concerned we were'nt quite good enough last season and as ive said i put that down to squad size and i know we have a limited budget no harm in considering other players from a lower level.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »

Must admit, I can't understand why we're still talking about Brownhill.
must admit, i cant understand why we're still talking about brian smickle  :D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 11:23:55 AM »

He's not a 19 year old up and coming prospect, he's a late 20s journey man that's never played higher than bottom 4 conference football, how would that help?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam brownhill