News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Car Parking at Brackley on Saturday

Author Topic: Car Parking at Brackley on Saturday  (Read 2343 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 02, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »

Brackley Town have advised us that there is very limited parking at their ground & in the immediate vicinity, therefore anyone travelling by car is advised to park in the town centre & walk to the ground.....it is a five to ten minute minute walk.

Further parking information can be found at the following link:-

http://www.brackleytownfc.com/raw.shtml/club/directions.map/

The team & supporters coaches will be able to park in the club car park.

These are standard arrangements for Brackley Town's home games, therefore with a particularly large crowd expected, it is very important that people driving allow themselves plenty of time to find suitable parking & then walk to the ground.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Car Parking at Brackley on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »

Thanks Brian.

Have they got any infrastructure at that club worthy of the Conference? Pathetic! Just keep spending money on the team....
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »

I rang Brackley up yesterday to find out the prices and the woman didnt know  ???   She rang me back later.

Dont they have any trams that run to Brackley station ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »

To be fair re the parking issue, although some of our neighbours moan a bit about traffic, parking etc. (particularly when they get blocked in or out) we are generally quite fortunate that on street parking is permitted around the ground.

If it weren't then I think that we too, would be suggesting that folk park in the Town Centre and embark on a 5-10 minute walk.

Hence it may be a bit disingenuous to be so overly critical of Brackley on this subject (plenty of other subjects are clearly there for us to pick from)

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »

To be fair re the parking issue, although some of our neighbours moan a bit about traffic, parking etc. (particularly when they get blocked in or out) we are generally quite fortunate that on street parking is permitted around the ground.

If it weren't then I think that we too, would be suggesting that folk park in the Town Centre and embark on a 5-10 minute walk.

Hence it may be a bit disingenuous to be so overly critical of Brackley on this subject (plenty of other subjects are clearly there for us to pick from)

Ah you for real ???

You think walking 10 minutes is acceptable. God only knows what would happen if the likes of Grimsby brought 800.

Seriously.

Brackley Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »

Churchill Way will most likely be blocked off unless you get there early. If you want to be close to ground, Hinton Road area best bet or on the High Street.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »

Ah you for real ???

You think walking 10 minutes is acceptable. God only knows what would happen if the likes of Grimsby brought 800.

Seriously.

Where did I say it was acceptable?

All I said is that it would be really easy for us to very quickly end up in a similar situation to Brackley if the availability of on street parking near Moss Lane suddenly disappeared.

I dunno!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »

Are the 2 coaches and 4 minibuses allowed to park at the ground?

EDIT: Just seen this on the Brackley Town website. "The club car park will only be available for match officials, club guests, visiting coaches and media by prior arrangement."

I'll get on the phone to them tomorrow about it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:06:38 PM by Warren Peyton'sEpicTattoo »

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »

EDIT: Just seen this on the Brackley Town website. "The club car park will only be available for match officials, club guests, visiting coaches and media by prior arrangement."

It says on the Alty website that the supporters coaches will be parking at the ground.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »

Four radio robins staff are on the Appo Bus! Staff Perks!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 08:40:03 PM »

Ah you for real ???

Seriously.

Where did I say it was acceptable?

All I said is that it would be really easy for us to very quickly end up in a similar situation to Brackley if the availability of on street parking near Moss Lane suddenly disappeared.

I dunno!!

It's a fair point. Without street parking, our ground would be an extremely difficult venue to park near. Parking in the town would probably be the only option.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team