PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Immense tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Immense tonight  (Read 13630 times)

altyherealtythere

Re: Immense tonight
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »

Listened on RR. Brian Flynn MOTM, flipping from professional commo to rabid fan in the blink of an eye.

I take it the ref wasnt much kop?

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »

That flare was AWESOME, an unforgettable moment for sure. Seeing all the flare pics on my FB & Twitter timeline for 2 hours last night was fantastic.

ForeverAlty

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »

I can assure any fan that wasn't particularly happy with the use of the flare last night that it is not going to become a regular thing.
 :D
We aren't forming a seperate Ultras division any time soon, and if we don't get promoted I can guarantee "flare boy" wont be stood at Vauxhall Motors arm aloft with till roll flying past him.

It was organised last night to add to the massive occassion of the game. As people have said, no one was remotely harmed and you can tell from the reaction on Twitter from both fans and players alike (notably Clee, Lacey and Lawrie) that it more than served its purpose.

I'd say there were 100+ younger lads there last night who will have loved that. Coupled with the manner in which we then went on to win, I think branding the whole thing as a disgrace is slightly pathetic considering the new fans it may have enticed, the atmosphere it triggered and the safe manner in which it was executed.
This is what i wanted to say but couldn't be arsed typing it all up

Good post.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »

I am not, as was suggested "fun police"

I do accept that the flare was aesthetically pleasing and added significantly to the occasion, particularly the time of its usage

I also accept that nobody was in any way hurt by the flare

I wonder though whether we would be so sanguine had any part of the stand, or any of the densely packed spectators caught fire? I suspect not!

Still think the Ref was poor BTW

Jezza

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:04 AM »

I wonder though whether we would be so sanguine had any part of the stand, or any of the densely packed spectators caught fire? I suspect not!
Now come on Phil you know perfectly well I didn't take latin so have no idea what sanguine means....I thought it meant pi$$ed.....

DON'T SET THE FLARE OFF!!!.....WHAT IF THE LIFEBOAT CATCHES FIRE?  ;D ;D

c'mon Phil, it was a one off that you yourself have admitted looked good (I think that's what aesthetically pleasing means)......lighten up!

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 10:39:27 AM »

Now come on Phil you know perfectly well I didn't take latin so have no idea what sanguine means....I thought it meant pi$$ed.....

DON'T SET THE FLARE OFF!!!.....WHAT IF THE LIFEBOAT CATCHES FIRE?  ;D ;D

c'mon Phil, it was a one off that you yourself have admitted looked good (I think that's what aesthetically pleasing means)......lighten up!

You need to consider the impact of the passive smoking caused by the flare and the impact on NHS finances in the future, let alone young lives lost.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »

As a neutral I would like to say what an absolutely cracking game that was last night, fair play to both sides who went hell for leather for the full 90 minutes and provided magnificent entertainment.

I thought the Altrincham fans were superb and practically sucked both goals into the net, it must have been great to have been playing in front of that kind of noisy crowd - and then to score in the 90+3 minute, great stuff.

Actually, when a lot of neutral observers' eyes were on the two "stars" of Watmore and Reeves, I thought they were fairly quiet and it was some of the others who really stepped up to the plate, especially at 1-0 down.

Should be another good game on Saturday, dare I say a little bit messy?  :D

Good luck, anyway.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »

The flare is a banned item read number 6 of the clubs own ground regulations http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/altygroundregs.pdf

I admit they do look good but hope its a one off as it can cause pepole to panic to which i have witnessed elsewhere.

@AltyDaz

Shiny Happy

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »

The view from the other side.

markecky

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »

Think we’ll just need to agree to disagree on this one and no one needs to fall out.

Stewards and ex stewards will look at the safety aspect of it and the potential for what could have happened.  That’s fair enough.

Fans absolutely loved it and as a one off it just added to the wonder of the night.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

I believe Brackley have asked Altrincham stewards to help out at Saturdays game this was a request before last nights game.
@AltyDaz

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

I believe Brackley have asked Altrincham stewards to help out at Saturdays game this was a request before last nights game.

stannum olla
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »

quidem

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »

Unbelieveable. The most un-Alty thing that was  ;D

Starting to come down a bit now and realise we still have a job to do on Saturday. The good thing about Sinnott is he doesn't play defensively, so we will go there looking to make it 3-1 from the off. Not looked forward to a match for a long time.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »

Spot on Nasha. If we go there looking to shut up shop then we will fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Immense tonight