News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The playoffs

Author Topic: The playoffs  (Read 2739 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The playoffs
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:46:14 AM »

Guiseley v Halifax on Tuesday is all ticket, Halifax have been allocated 1,000 tickets.What sort of crowd can we expect on Tuesday? 1,400? Will many exiles make it back for a midweeker?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »

Hard to say doubt brackley will probably bring 50 ish live footy on itv will probably stop some who are fIfty fifty , I would say 1300 ish
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:08:45 AM by Timperley The Best »

thegazelle

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:04:27 AM »

given we got nearly 1300 yesterday i reckon 1900 , i am aware of a lot of floaters who say there are going (not the type from urmston swimming pool!!)

wish i was there and the away trip on the sat dee will be a massive day out

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »

Guiseley v Halifax on Tuesday is all ticket, Halifax have been allocated 1,000 tickets.What sort of crowd can we expect on Tuesday? 1,400? Will many exiles make it back for a midweeker?

I know that Rocky is but rest of us are going to be at Brackley on Saturday instead. Train to Bicester North. I'd say a similar crowd to yesterday is likely.

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:16:37 AM »

I made it up yesterday with Dad and will be at Brackley as well but not a home game midweek.  (For those we spoke to yesterday my sister went into labour during the match but we were back down south in plenty of time - still don't know if Dad has a first grandson or fourth grand daughter!)

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

Russell, what train is it to Bicester North. i assume this will be a big London Alty day out. Seems a long way from there to Brackley. It really is in the middle of nowhere.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »

As you'll be aware Dave, Brackley does not have its own station, nearest is a place called Kings Sutton.

However, this doesn't get a lot of trains and will be hard to source a cab, essentiall a bit tinpot. Bicester which gets all the mainline services out of Marylebone and has two-three trains an hour (fast one is 42 mins) is therefore the place to go to. There to Brackley is about 12 miles so I think we'll just share a cab from there. Not ideal but there you are. I'll send you a message on here when we've worked out the times.

Guiseley fan

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »

[/quote
We play Halifax away Tuesday not all ticket the second leg at Nethermoor Saturday is all ticket at the moment don't think anything said about how many tickets Halifax will be allocated

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »

I know that Rocky is but rest of us are going to be at Brackley on Saturday instead. Train to Bicester North. I'd say a similar crowd to yesterday is likely.

London Alty old boys keeping up with the pace since 1998
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »

thanks Russell. I live only 40 minutes drive from Bicester. if it helps I could taxi you from Bicester to Brackley - my vehicle takes 7. means I would have to sacrifice alcohol consumption and save it up for the final. let me know.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »

I can't get there Tuesday due to work and I am gutted

I will be there Saturday though
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »

thanks Russell. I live only 40 minutes drive from Bicester. if it helps I could taxi you from Bicester to Brackley - my vehicle takes 7. means I would have to sacrifice alcohol consumption and save it up for the final. let me know.

That's s very intriguing offer,, thanks. I will get back to you.

Ste

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »

As you'll be aware Dave, Brackley does not have its own station, nearest is a place called Kings Sutton.

However, this doesn't get a lot of trains and will be hard to source a cab, essentiall a bit tinpot. Bicester which gets all the mainline services out of Marylebone and has two-three trains an hour (fast one is 42 mins) is therefore the place to go to. There to Brackley is about 12 miles so I think we'll just share a cab from there. Not ideal but there you are. I'll send you a message on here when we've worked out the times.

Sarf! If you guys don't mind a tag along for the journey up on Saturday I'd appreciate the company! Let me know when you're heading up to Brackley and I'll be there. Not sure I'll be able to drag the others there like the televised Burton match but I'll try.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »

Sarf! If you guys don't mind a tag along for the journey up on Saturday I'd appreciate the company! Let me know when you're heading up to Brackley and I'll be there. Not sure I'll be able to drag the others there like the televised Burton match but I'll try.

Nice one Ste, I'll let you know the plan when we've worked it out.

Guiseley fan

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The playoffs