PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I thought the ref cost us...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I thought the ref cost us...  (Read 7295 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I thought the ref cost us...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »

The most remarkable thing about yesterday was that O'Neill (man of match) was press-ganged into playing as he had the squits.

Yes, the ref was crap and it was never a penalty, but we created enough clear cut chances to have been home and dry by 80 mins.

I pray Bushell's back for Sat but Senior's  injury looked a lot lot worse.

Even without G.Scott, Rose, Owen and Senior I think we'll get 3pts at St. Albans, if not it's going to take a super human effort to get 6pts from the remaining games.

Spoke to Steve  Bushell during the second half he came off as he was not feeling well.
Bushell to senior as he went down the tunnel "How have you done that?" Seniors reply "I fell down that xxxxing hole"
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 09:21:23 PM »

That's two running and added to the dreadful guy who officiated the home game v Crawley, easily the three worst officials in the league.

the one against burton (away). he was absolutely shocking. why do we always get dodgy refs. that same guy reffed at a home game and was dreadful then aswel.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 09:25:26 PM »

That's two running and added to the dreadful guy who officiated the home game v Crawley, easily the three worst officials in the league.

the one against burton (away). he was absolutely shocking. why do we always get dodgy refs. that same guy reffed at a home game and was dreadful then aswel.

Perhaps there are so many dodgy refs that, by the law of averages, we will get several of them.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 10:27:31 PM »

Bushell going off was a blow as he was spraying the ball around the midfield nicely, spreading the play and at the centre of most of our attacks.

Nevertheless we still had creative output in Senior on the wing until he went off injured. After that there was simply no outlet to Little as we persisted with high balls forward, we just didn't look like scoring.

As for the penalty, it was the right decision IMO. Since when has shoving someone in the back in the area not been one?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Altysmiffy

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 10:35:09 PM »

The Exeter players, fans etc did not seem to think it was a penalty.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »

Maybe so.

Munroe did however push their player in the back.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 10:45:57 PM »

Dubious

"referee Langford astounded everyone by awarding a penalty. No one seemed to have appealed and it was only Mr Langford's exaggerated enacting of a two-handed push, when quizzed by the Alty players, which gave a clue as to his decision, which seemd to be against Munroe.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 11:09:15 PM »

It wasn't very obvious hence little in the way of appeals.

I felt it was a penalty, I'm sure plenty will disagree.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 12:01:52 AM »

I know that this will probably get me seriously shot but I have to correct a couple of things here.

Just like my refereeing career, for once over 90 minutes I was in just the right position to see the (non) offside. Admittedly Lee Elam was indeed in an offside position but sadly the ball to him was played by an Alty defender (sorry don't know whom) this sadly put Elam onside.

As Jimmy says, there was a push so there was a penalty, yes it was a soft pen but a pen it was. I think that we were a touch unfortunate that the only players in the Penalty area were Munroe and the guy he pushed. The Ref therefore had a totally unobstructed view. Had there been more players in the Box, or had the Ref's position been different we might have got away with it. In law it would have been no less of a penalty, but Penalties not given are by definition NOT penalties.

The fact that nobody appealed is, I'm afraid a total irrelevance as is the fact that the Exeter fans (from probably 100 yards away) didn't think it was a penalty either.

I'd remind people of the penalty we got at Oxford which I seem to recall wasn't appealed for at the time either

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 12:26:08 AM »

ATS

Takes guts to be honest, we now need to move on and concentrate on the forthcoming games.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 01:13:02 AM »

Nevertheless we still had creative output in Senior on the wing until he went off injured.

Incorrect.
Senior was not playing on the wing.
He replaced O'Neill alongside Little, whilst O'Neill was shunted out to the right wing.
And Senior had two excellent chances to shoot.....and fluffed them both.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »

Push or no push, if the ref is going to give a penalty for that, then there were a lot of 'penalties' in that game - I'd say about fifteen, basically one for every free kick, corner or cross into the area! The point about the penalty at Oxford is true though - that wasn't a penalty either. I suppose what goes around, comes around...
We need Bush or Val for Sats game, or we could be for it.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »

Couldn't agree more with your point about the number of free kicks that weren't given

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »

We can analyse decisions and performances until we are blue in the face. Our efforts would be better spent concentrating on the next 5 games because when the dust settles the records will show that we lost 2-1 to Exeter and that's that.

Stay behind the lads because before we won all those games recently we'd have given our right arm to be in this position with 5 games remaining.

On to St Albans and the biggest match this club has faced since Eastbourne.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 11:00:10 AM »

I know that this will probably get me seriously shot but I have to correct a couple of things here.

ATS, maybe less serious a shot?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I thought the ref cost us...