PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I thought the ref cost us...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I thought the ref cost us...  (Read 7298 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 31, 2007, 05:38:16 PM »

A point today i saw a small infrigment but it was two players going for the same ball never a penatly, god Exeter sung thier little tits off fair do to them.

Unlucky today keep the faith
Come on you red and white........

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I thought the ref cost us...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

aye fair play to the exceter fans sang all day long, jumping about very lively they weren't

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

they were the better team losing bushell was a blow also although they did ok today always worried by a scott and talbot.Anyone know prob with bush ?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 05:52:57 PM »

the other worry wud b senior ??

Yes they were the better team still thought we deserved a point though

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »

From where I was stood, it was'nt so much the ref that cost us as the linesman, he missed Elam returning from an offside position to recieve the ball and the put a cross into the box that lead to the "supposed challenge".

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 06:08:12 PM »

i didnt see that ... even there fans didnt celebrate when the penalty was give it was a total shock. There again even when they won i heard sweet fa from them

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »

The ref didn't cost us, the lack of any sort of midfield lost it for us (and don't get me started on Aspinall).

We didn't push on after we scored and half the team went missing in the 2nd half. When we did get the ball up to the front players, they were on their own as everyone else seemed reluctant to get over the half way line.

The front players need support. Chalmers, despite his goal, didn't play well at all, Andy Scott tried to intercept but his distribution was poor, Bushell gets a lot of the ball but his passes were all over the place or he kept getting caught in possesion. Lawton can't do everything on his own, but he didn't seem to want to get forward either.

Compared to all the chances Grays and Stafford had against us, Exeter offered very little. We just didn't get a grip of the game.

So disappointing.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 06:23:09 PM »

so you thought the ref was right to award the penalty? which was about there 2nd chance of the game?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »

I never said he was right. I couldn't see it clear enough to say.

andyc

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »

We still have 5 winable games left considering D & R will have wrapped up the title by the time we play them. We struggled today second half and didn't seem to have enough to push forward and support the front two. Losing Bushell was bad and I just hope we have enough fit players to see us through. Andy Scott, centre midfield? Lets hope Gary Scott is back next week and we keep Joe O'Neill in the middle and not on the right.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »

When I 1st saw the teamsheet,I thought it would possibly Lawton in the middle.with Scott on the right.Not perfect,but would mean Robbie his natural position.And to be fair to Scott,he did ok.A couple of shots,one that nearly dipped in.Nothing spectacular,but did better than he did at LB.

As for the ref,it was just one of those things.Karl did push him and I have seen them given and not given.Losing your captain to injury during a game usually changes the game,so yes losing Bushell was a blow,as too was Senior as he was getting their defence worried.

I was disappointed with Exeter fans,I didn't expect them to be a 'sing when your winning' bunch.Hardly a chant until the pen!!!

As for between now and April 28th,start growing your nails,as you they will go completely on April 28th.Squeky bum time methinks
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 01:52:50 PM »

To be fair Nasha, if the ref had given a 'foul' for every 'push' throughout the game, there would have been no football played at all. He just chose to interpret that particular incident as a foul, because it happened to be in the penalty area and I think he is either a cheat or an exemely poor official. That's two running and added to the dreadful guy who officiated the home game v Crawley, easily the three worst officials in the league. I suppose the law of averages means we'll get decent refs for our remaining matches and so we can at least cling to that hope! Having blamed the ref to buggary though, the main reason we lost yesterday is becasue there was no Steve Bushell or Val Owen in midfield in the second half and Exeter simply ran through us. Well, on to S. Albans, a match we will almost certainly lose, because I am going!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 04:42:19 PM »

The ref did cost us
Lets hope those tired legs get some energy and some of the injuries clear up we could do with Val back and Bush. And Gary Scott.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 05:55:46 PM »

The most remarkable thing about yesterday was that O'Neill (man of match) was press-ganged into playing as he had the squits.

Yes, the ref was crap and it was never a penalty, but we created enough clear cut chances to have been home and dry by 80 mins.

I pray Bushell's back for Sat but Senior's  injury looked a lot lot worse.

Even without G.Scott, Rose, Owen and Senior I think we'll get 3pts at St. Albans, if not it's going to take a super human effort to get 6pts from the remaining games.

Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 06:00:10 PM »

We've just got to get 4 points from the two Easter games - I don't think my blood pressure can stand another 1999-2000 season!  :o
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team