PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Brooke
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ryan Brooke  (Read 5885 times)

Jimmy

Re: Ryan Brooke
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »

Yes I am serious we played for twenty minutes in the second half for rest of the game like the teasers we didn't turn up

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

I can't comment on Brooke's performance, but I do remember when he was given the task of taking a penalty many moons ago. It was an excellent gesture to give him this when he was not the main pen taker and the reaction afterwards showed his popularity in the squad. What we need to remember is that this is a man who has had very little match time so, realistically, I don't think we can expect him to be at the top of his game.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 10:51:24 PM »

People were calling Simon Richman useless last season but he's improved hugely this season. Maybe Ryan will do the same?
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 10:55:10 PM »

Fair point however with us having one forward who will play at championship level and the other scoring 40plus goals a season I'm not sure he will get the chance

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 11:08:21 PM »

Yes I am serious we played for twenty minutes in the second half for rest of the game like the teasers we didn't turn up
the teasers don't tease any more !
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

Perhaps I'm being harsh you had as many teasing as you had flags

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »

Disappointing performance? Are you serious? What were you watching? We were playing a Chester team that hasn't lost at home, and without two of our most important first team choices. So some of Densmore's and Lawrie's passes went straight to the opposition, but they always do. That was the most committed I've seen an Altrincham team this season. I can't remember the last time I saw them win so many 50/50 balls. To say that was a disappointing performance takes no account of the opposition they were up against.

Bollocks

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:11 PM »

Perhaps I'm being harsh you had as many teasing as you had flags
i had to fly the flag for the teasers today
ParkINson's red and white army

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »

And you did. About 3 foot 6 off the floor...  ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 12:25:17 AM »

Disappointing performance? Are you serious? What were you watching? We were playing a Chester team that hasn't lost at home, and without two of our most important first team choices. So some of Densmore's and Lawrie's passes went straight to the opposition, but they always do. That was the most committed I've seen an Altrincham team this season. I can't remember the last time I saw them win so many 50/50 balls. To say that was a disappointing performance takes no account of the opposition they were up against.

Well, I thought that it was disappointing, in that I was disappointed that we didn't do ourselves justice, in my view.

Their goalkeeper didn't have a save to make.

We managed about a twenty minute spell in the second half when we gave them a game but otherwise our passing was haphazard and they looked physically stronger.

Densmore had an afternoon to forget but I was really impressed by Leather, who did a fine nullifying job on Dave Hankin.
Hope that his substitution doesn't indicate that he has incurred an injury.

Brooke has simply been a huge disappointment and is just too easily knocked off the ball.
If he is, indeed, 'needed' in the run-in, then I fear for our prospects. 

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RocketDan

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »

I feel a bit sorry for Brookey. He obviously try's hard and by all accounts is a top lad to have around the dressing room. That said he never really looks like scoring or indeed creating chances for others.

I'm not sure what Lee saw in him elsewhere that would suggest he could have led our line this year - thank god Reeves signed in the summer and Duncan has developed so quickly otherwise we would be 13th in the league and this forum would be worse than Portchat.

On a separate note, what has happened to Mitchley, is he still on loan? I wonder if its worth recalling him and loaning out Brooke to get some experience. That is assuming Brooke will be here next season, which on the face of it would be a bit odd.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:09:06 AM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »

Mitch on loan at Kendal Town

JDN

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »

To be fair people who criticised were probably just thinking about previous times when Duncan was dropped rested which have cost us points yes he probably had a knock
Yes, he been bizarre dropped or rested so many times before. We don't believe the manager when he says the lads injured

JDN

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »

Just to give you something to criticise him for.
he is garbage to be fair

JDN

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

It was a very very disappointing performance

What were you watching?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Brooke