PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty fans
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alty fans  (Read 6894 times)

JDN

Re: Alty fans
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »

so nobody knows how many we took, but we took too many for Chester to cope with??
we took 350 - 400

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »

I thought we had about 400 there and I thought there were enough seats in the allocated section.
The problem was caused by the large number of Alty fans that choose to stand up in a seated area. This would be fine if everyone stands up, but it doesnt work when only some wish to sit and there are also children present that cannot see. What happens is that the children stand on the seats and risk being knocked off, particularly if we score. Some seats were actually already broken.  If I am on my own I personally prefer to stand. I also cannot fathom out why the stewards would not open the empty seats behind the goal next to us. I think this is a different issue to what we use to have at Rushden, a similar type of ground, but we only took about 120 and most stood up at the back of the stand so didnt obstruct those wanting to use the seats for what they are designed for.

As for those on this forum having a pop at Chester's fans. I thought they were excellent yesterday. They were very pleasant and friendly. Let us into their club even though we were decked in away team colours. I had a good, friendly and interesting chat with their fans. I dont recall any offensive chanting towords us inside the ground. Afterwards they had the decency to congratuate us on a fine performance claiming we are the best side they have played this season.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:51 PM »

I thought we had about 400 there and I thought there were enough seats in the allocated section.
The problem was caused by the large number of Alty fans that choose to stand up in a seated area. This would be fine if everyone stands up, but it doesnt work when only some wish to sit and there are also children present that cannot see. What happens is that the children stand on the seats and risk being knocked off, particularly if we score. Some seats were actually already broken.  If I am on my own I personally prefer to stand. I also cannot fathom out why the stewards would not open the empty seats behind the goal next to us. I think this is a different issue to what we use to have at Rushden, a similar type of ground, but we only took about 120 and most stood up at the back of the stand so didnt obstruct those wanting to use the seats for what they are designed for.

As for those on this forum having a pop at Chester's fans. I thought they were excellent yesterday. They were very pleasant and friendly. Let us into their club even though we were decked in away team colours. I had a good, friendly and interesting chat with their fans. I dont recall any offensive chanting towords us inside the ground. Afterwards they had the decency to congratuate us on a fine performance claiming we are the best side they have played this season.

Don't agree re seating as I think there was plenty of room for those that wanted to stand to stand if Chester had prepared properly.

Do agree re Chester fans. I too thought they were a very friendly bunch in the bar and I for one say good luck to them.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 09:03:48 PM »

One thing about the seating arrangement was we were all together !
Full time and proud of it

JDN

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »

seat strava
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty fans