PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: the worst match you have ever seen....  (Read 8938 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: the worst match you have ever seen....
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 11:17:36 PM »

Alty 0-4 Macc in the first relegation season of 96-97 was really depressing.

I'd also chuck in a 1-1 draw that season on a Tuesday night with Hednesford where they equalised in about the 96th minute or something. The 2-1 defeat at Emley playing by a roped off cricket pitch at the start of the following season really confirmed our new station in life.

More recently the 5-0 thrashing at Eastbourne at the end of the GH era, there was also a 7-0 (I think) defeat to Crawley in that relegation season that was pretty special, i think we stuck it out til 5-0 then went back to the pub.

This thread could go on for aeons but good times and bad, all part of being a loyal fan.

That particular debacle actually occurred during the previous season, as already mentioned in this thread by Paul Cain's Chip Pan.

One of those afternoons when you end up praying for the final whistle to end the torment.

Aah. Can see how I've confused my seasons there as IIRC during 95-96 we didn't actually lose that many at home at all whereas obvs the following season the less said the better. Interesting times the mid 90s at Moss Lane, Spurs, nearly going bust then getting relegated before the years of the Berman money.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »

Alty 0 macc 4 was also my birthday! Never had a worse one before or since! Also the 5-0 away at hendesford in 99-2000 was utter sh*te, terrible affair.

bighairedmike

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 01:50:06 AM »

Alty 0 macc 4 was also my birthday! Never had a worse one before or since! Also the 5-0 away at hendesford in 99-2000 was utter sh*te, terrible affair.

The only good thing about that game was that they sold Candy Floss at the snack bar. (In my defence, I was 8!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....