PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: the worst match you have ever seen....  (Read 8940 times)

Bath Alty

Re: the worst match you have ever seen....
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »

Not often that i leave games early, but i think the alty burton game a few years back was unwatchable as the fog was ridiculous! We also got beat heavily.

You sure that wasn't against Rushden. The fog came down really thick and you couldn't see the popular side from the main stand, think we lost 4-0
yes it was cheers, i remember walking around the ground to see if i could watch the game but it just wasnt visible, worst game ever, suprised ref didnt take the players off  :-\

Didn't Sean Densmore enter sent off in that game as well? Itveas never a red either if I remember rightly.

Was that the one where he pointed at the refs face to make the point that he had had quite a poor afternoon - he was right but not a sensible way of saying so!

Got my terrible matches confused on the thread.  I thought the Densmore red for pointing at the ref was at the Solihull game someone mentioned earlier

bumble

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 09:00:09 PM »

Alty 0-4 Macc in the first relegation season of 96-97 was really depressing. I'd also chuck in a 1-1 draw that season on a Tuesday night with Hednesford where they equalised in about the 96th minute or something. The 2-1 defeat at Emley playing by a roped off cricket pitch at the start of the following season really confirmed our new station in life.

More recently the 5-0 thrashing at Eastbourne at the end of the GH era, there was also a 7-0 (I think) defeat to Crawley in that relegation season that was pretty special, i think we stuck it out til 5-0 then went back to the pub.

This thread could go on for aeons but good times and bad, all part of being a loyal fan.

in the space of 3 weeks, we had Crawley 7-0, Cambridge 4-0 and 4-1 against Wimbledon

Hamilton

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »

The worst I have seen were both FA Cup defeats - the home loss to Mossley and the away defeat at Lancaster when we had a fourth rate Australia international at left back and he was abysmal - I think he had a dutch sounding name.

Van blerk?

That's him, thanks!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »

Forrest green away.
Think it was the last time we played at there old ground.
Only time I left a game before the final whistle.
Not sure what year that was.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

Just about any game we've played v Gateshead in the last 20 years (bar the promotion clincher that Bomber scored the winner in obviously).

Hamilton

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 10:22:52 PM »

Just about any game we've played v Gateshead in the last 20 years (bar the promotion clincher that Bomber scored the winner in obviously).

We've had a couple of injury time penalty wins against Gateshead in the recent past.

(Yes, we scored penalties!)

markecky

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »

We've had a couple of injury time penalty wins against Gateshead in the recent past.

(Yes, we scored penalties!)

I know mate but they never made up for the years of hurt up that A1.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 12:22:36 AM »

Alty 0-4 Macc in the first relegation season of 96-97 was really depressing. I'd also chuck in a 1-1 draw that season on a Tuesday night with Hednesford where they equalised in about the 96th minute or something. The 2-1 defeat at Emley playing by a roped off cricket pitch at the start of the following season really confirmed our new station in life.

More recently the 5-0 thrashing at Eastbourne at the end of the GH era, there was also a 7-0 (I think) defeat to Crawley in that relegation season that was pretty special, i think we stuck it out til 5-0 then went back to the pub.

This thread could go on for aeons but good times and bad, all part of being a loyal fan.

in the space of 3 weeks, we had Crawley 7-0, Cambridge 4-0 and 4-1 against Wimbledon

Jack.....you are time travelling here! Crawley & Cambridge were on consecutive Saturdays or certainly were very close together, but the Wimbledon defeat was about 3 months later.

dopamine

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 01:18:37 AM »

Tamworth 0-0 a few seasons back - such a drab affair with not so much as a decent attempt at goal if i remember correctly.

Alty pass the ball around at the back, try to pass it forward but don't have the quality to do anything worthwhile and lose it. Tamworth hoof it to Stu. Repeat ad nauseum.

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »

Tamworth 0-0 a few seasons back - such a drab affair with not so much as a decent attempt at goal if i remember correctly.

Alty pass the ball around at the back, try to pass it forward but don't have the quality to do anything worthwhile and lose it. Tamworth hoof it to Stu. Repeat ad nauseum.
My nomination of that old South Liverpool match was based on the appalling quality of the play from both teams......and that Tamworth game (and most other clashes with them) run it pretty close !

bumble

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »

Forest Green and Barrow away 1-0...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »

South Liverpool 0 Alty 0 back in the late 60's (help me out please Cult ?).

The only match played in the whole of North West England that day.....and it shouldn't have gone ahead. Farcical.

Phil,

How about 28th December 1968, during the inaugural season of the Northern Premier League....?

There was also a goalless draw between the clubs during the following season but that took place on 27th March 1970.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »

Alty 0-4 Macc in the first relegation season of 96-97 was really depressing.

I'd also chuck in a 1-1 draw that season on a Tuesday night with Hednesford where they equalised in about the 96th minute or something. The 2-1 defeat at Emley playing by a roped off cricket pitch at the start of the following season really confirmed our new station in life.

That particular debacle actually occurred during the previous season, as already mentioned in this thread by Paul Cain's Chip Pan.

One of those afternoons when you end up praying for the final whistle to end the torment.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »

All losses against Vics....

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »

South Liverpool 0 Alty 0 back in the late 60's (help me out please Cult ?).

The only match played in the whole of North West England that day.....and it shouldn't have gone ahead. Farcical.

Phil,

How about 28th December 1968, during the inaugural season of the Northern Premier League....?

There was also a goalless draw between the clubs during the following season but that took place on 27th March 1970.

I knew I could rely on you. 1968. A bitterly cold afternoon (it was actually below freezing well before the game was over) and a pitch more suited to moto cross.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....