PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: the worst match you have ever seen....  (Read 8939 times)

bighairedmike

Re: the worst match you have ever seen....
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »

No, I think there's a highlights of it somewhere. I'll find them. He went to kick the ball, the attacker got there first and nicks the ball of him and Shaun has caught his leg. Ridiculous red, probably not even a yellow.

ForeverAlty

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 06:44:18 PM »

I travelled all the way down to Eastbourne to watch us get beat 5-0.

But I think that was Heathcote's last game so I'm happy to have seen it

thegazelle

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 06:51:02 PM »

cOLNE DYNAMOES away the day our crown was passed on
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:06:27 PM by thegazelle »

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 06:58:21 PM »

Not often that i leave games early, but i think the alty burton game a few years back was unwatchable as the fog was ridiculous! We also got beat heavily.

You sure that wasn't against Rushden. The fog came down really thick and you couldn't see the popular side from the main stand, think we lost 4-0
yes it was cheers, i remember walking around the ground to see if i could watch the game but it just wasnt visible, worst game ever, suprised ref didnt take the players off  :-\

Didn't Sean Densmore enter sent off in that game as well? Itveas never a red either if I remember rightly.

Was that the one where he pointed at the refs face to make the point that he had had quite a poor afternoon - he was right but not a sensible way of saying so!

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/081129rs.htm

That is the match report of the game I'm thinking of. 0-4 loss, heavy fog, Densmore dismissal. And it was the first of a number of meetings with the delightful Ross Joyce.

"Highlights"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZv4EhxG-pg

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »

Not often that i leave games early, but i think the alty burton game a few years back was unwatchable as the fog was ridiculous! We also got beat heavily.

You sure that wasn't against Rushden. The fog came down really thick and you couldn't see the popular side from the main stand, think we lost 4-0
yes it was cheers, i remember walking around the ground to see if i could watch the game but it just wasnt visible, worst game ever, suprised ref didnt take the players off  :-\

Didn't Sean Densmore enter sent off in that game as well? Itveas never a red either if I remember rightly.

I've a crap memory but I think that's right. After one of their players went in on Robbie Lawton, he wasn't the same after that...

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »

I've a crap memory but I think that's right. After one of their players went in on Robbie Lawton, he wasn't the same after that...

The same bloke that got fouled for the dismissal too.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »

Didn't realise it was Ross Joyce. What a bell end he was

Robins Retweet

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »

Was that the one where he pointed at the refs face to make the point that he had had quite a poor afternoon - he was right but not a sensible way of saying so!

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/081129rs.htm

That is the match report of the game I'm thinking of. 0-4 loss, heavy fog, Densmore dismissal. And it was the first of a number of meetings with the delightful Ross Joyce.

"Highlights"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZv4EhxG-pg
the last two goals are just crazy as you cant see them clear enough, is there no rules on postponements if there is a certain amount off fog???

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 07:32:14 PM »

The worst I have seen were both FA Cup defeats - the home loss to Mossley and the away defeat at Lancaster when we had a fourth rate Australia international at left back and he was abysmal - I think he had a dutch sounding name.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »

Woking at home a couple of seasons ago, we lost 4-0 and I can't remember us having one chance the whole game. Dire.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »

The witton albion loss was a terrible game too.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »

The worst I have seen were both FA Cup defeats - the home loss to Mossley and the away defeat at Lancaster when we had a fourth rate Australia international at left back and he was abysmal - I think he had a dutch sounding name.

Van blerk?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »

I travelled all the way down to Eastbourne to watch us get beat 5-0.

But I think that was Heathcote's last game so I'm happy to have seen it

I think that was actually Ken Mckenna's first game in charge. Graham Heathcote's last game was a defeat to Gateshead but I can't remember the score, 3-1 perhaps?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »

South Liverpool 0 Alty 0 back in the late 60's (help me out please Cult ?).

The only match played in the whole of North West England that day.....and it shouldn't have gone ahead. Farcical.

I think a worse one at Holly Park was South Liverpool 6 Alty 0. Sadly, I stayed until the end just in case we managed a consolation - we didn't!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »

Alty 0-4 Macc in the first relegation season of 96-97 was really depressing. I'd also chuck in a 1-1 draw that season on a Tuesday night with Hednesford where they equalised in about the 96th minute or something. The 2-1 defeat at Emley playing by a roped off cricket pitch at the start of the following season really confirmed our new station in life.

More recently the 5-0 thrashing at Eastbourne at the end of the GH era, there was also a 7-0 (I think) defeat to Crawley in that relegation season that was pretty special, i think we stuck it out til 5-0 then went back to the pub.

This thread could go on for aeons but good times and bad, all part of being a loyal fan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....