PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the worst match you have ever seen....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: the worst match you have ever seen....  (Read 8941 times)

Robins Retweet

« on: March 17, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »

Not often that i leave games early, but i think the alty burton game a few years back was unwatchable as the fog was ridiculous! We also got beat heavily.

York Alty

Re: the worst match you have ever seen....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

Barnsley V Cambridge Utd in the early 90s.  0 - 0.  Nothing of any note happened. Appalling.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »

Alty 0-4 Macc 1995/96

Pure torture as we were comprehensively outplayed for 90 minutes. They absolutely ripped us a new one and it still hurts to this day.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »

South Liverpool 0 Alty 0 back in the late 60's (help me out please Cult ?).

The only match played in the whole of North West England that day.....and it shouldn't have gone ahead. Farcical.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 04:34:01 PM »

QPR v Fulham earlier this season, took my son along as he follows Fulham, £76 between us for a "seat" that couldn't be used as everyone stood, restricted view being we couldn't see the goal at our end, loads of "banter" meaning every 5 mins the heavies steamed in to eject someone. Truly sh*te. Felt so sorry for the misguided birthday outing kids behind us, probably about 9 years old, they saw nothing of the game and enough trouble to put their parents off from ever trying it again.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »

A mid-winter game in the Cheshire Senior Cup away at some minor team (forget where) in the early 90s - the ground had an open field next to it, the players changed in what looked like a shed and I have never been so cold, before or since. I remember Jeff Wealands making a comment about retiring rather than playing. I lasted until the middle of the 2nd half - primarily because I was too cold to move.

Alty 1 Grantham 0 in the FA Cup in 1976 was a shocker which achieved legendary "crap" status within my circle of Alty fans at school

markecky

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »

A mid-winter game in the Cheshire Senior Cup away at some minor team (forget where) in the early 90s - the ground had an open field next to it, the players changed in what looked like a shed and I have never been so cold, before or since. I remember Jeff Wealands making a comment about retiring rather than playing. I lasted until the middle of the 2nd half - primarily because I was too cold to move.

Alty 1 Grantham 0 in the FA Cup in 1976 was a shocker which achieved legendary "crap" status within my circle of Alty fans at school

I think the match you refer to was General Chemicals.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »

I think the match you refer to was General Chemicals.

That sounds right - thanks.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »

Not often that i leave games early, but i think the alty burton game a few years back was unwatchable as the fog was ridiculous! We also got beat heavily.

You sure that wasn't against Rushden. The fog came down really thick and you couldn't see the popular side from the main stand, think we lost 4-0

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »

You sure that wasn't against Rushden. The fog came down really thick and you couldn't see the popular side from the main stand, think we lost 4-0

That was probably a candidate for the worst match you've never seen :D

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

5-0 against Kidderminster in the FA Trophy 1994-95. Compounded by a sending off. Just thought we may have gone a but further that year

Robins Retweet

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »

yes it was cheers, i remember walking around the ground to see if i could watch the game but it just wasnt visible, worst game ever, suprised ref didnt take the players off  :-\

Baldrick

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »

QPR v Fulham earlier this season, took my son along as he follows Fulham, £76 between us for a "seat" that couldn't be used as everyone stood, restricted view being we couldn't see the goal at our end, loads of "banter" meaning every 5 mins the heavies steamed in to eject someone. Truly sh*te. Felt so sorry for the misguided birthday outing kids behind us, probably about 9 years old, they saw nothing of the game and enough trouble to put their parents off from ever trying it again.

On the bright side this might encourage people to watch non league games.

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »

yes it was cheers, i remember walking around the ground to see if i could watch the game but it just wasnt visible, worst game ever, suprised ref didnt take the players off  :-\

Didn't Sean Densmore enter sent off in that game as well? Itveas never a red either if I remember rightly.

Bath Alty

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »

yes it was cheers, i remember walking around the ground to see if i could watch the game but it just wasnt visible, worst game ever, suprised ref didnt take the players off  :-\

Didn't Sean Densmore enter sent off in that game as well? Itveas never a red either if I remember rightly.

Was that the one where he pointed at the refs face to make the point that he had had quite a poor afternoon - he was right but not a sensible way of saying so!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:33:10 PM by Bath Alty »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team