News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dig deep boys!

Author Topic: Dig deep boys!  (Read 3066 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dig deep boys!
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »

The last two games we have played should give the players encouragement and passion to get out of this utter garbage league! Standard in the recent games by the opposition and us at times was not much short northwest counties standard at best! Lets have belief and fight, lets get the big crowds back for atmosphere, big away days and the macc and stockport derbies! Come on boys grit your teeth and dig deep!

Jenga

Re: Dig deep boys!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »

Lets assume we get promoted, going be tough that, but lets assume we do, how would be fair in national league playing Northwest Counties football. It does indeed worry me that we could drop straight down again.

Admittidly I am getting ahead of myself here but it has be considered.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

The answer would be to strengthen the side on the back of increased revenue from games against Stockport, Macc, Plymouth etc !!
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »

The budget would be bigger, the players would be different.  It would be a great problem to have.

Fund raising would have to increase for sure, appeals would have to go out and everyone would have to make sure they were doing everything they could to support their football club, whether that be with 20p in a bucket, a golden goal or throwing £10,000 into the club.

I can't help thinking that because the board don't shout crisis every week many people are forgetting the work that goes into raising our weekly budget and running the club.  

Everyone has to do all that their budget will allow to support this wonderful club of ours, I think in the next year will see some really big problems at local clubs and the strongest ones will benefit from that as players see that the money isn't around any more and maybe realise that getting slightly less every week guaranteed is better than slightly more but not being sure that you will get it.

We would also have to rediscover the mentality where we could lose 5-0 to a vastly superior side and still clap them off.

Lots of challenges ahead but I'd love the chance to spend all summer talking about them...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:00:08 PM by markecky »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 12:48:15 PM »

It certainly would be a nice problem to have and that is why we must strengthen the squad at the earliest possible opportunity. We're back in with a shout and it's imperative that we grab this opportunity with both hands.
Come on Alty!

thegazelle

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »

The answer would be to strengthen the side on the back of increased revenue from games against Stockport, Macc, Plymouth etc !!
and accrington................ oh no they will probably bring about 50 and an abusive banner

Robin Reliant

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »

The budget would be bigger, the players would be different.  It would be a great problem to have.

Fund raising would have to increase for sure, appeals would have to go out and everyone would have to make sure they were doing everything they could to support their football club, whether that be with 20p in a bucket, a golden goal or throwing £10,000 into the club.

I can't help thinking that because the board don't shout crisis every week many people are forgetting the work that goes into raising our weekly budget and running the club.  

Everyone has to do all that their budget will allow to support this wonderful club of ours, I think in the next year will see some really big problems at local clubs and the strongest ones will benefit from that as players see that the money isn't around any more and maybe realise that getting slightly less every week guaranteed is better than slightly more but not being sure that you will get it.

We would also have to rediscover the mentality where we could lose 5-0 to a vastly superior side and still clap them off.

Lots of challenges ahead but I'd love the chance to spend all summer talking about them...

Great post!!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »

I'll never forget the first year we came up and got beaten 5-0 away at York City, the support was excellent throughout and no one seemed too bothered that we'd just been battered by them, just happy that we were there I think.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »

Great post Ecky, i would personally rather fight relegation in the conference than stay in this league! No atmosphere,no away support, only big team is Chester and maybe Halifax! Shocking standard at times, obviously we need to strengthen and i am sure a wee bit of the cup money would assist us!

markecky

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:31:38 PM »

Further to my post here is Stalybridges "we can't go on like this" post from our official site from their monaco based chairman...

http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/12381-update-on-the-club/

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »

Further to my post here is Stalybridges "we can't go on like this" post from our official site from their monaco based chairman...

http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/12381-update-on-the-club/
Shock ! Horror ! ADT in suicide bid  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dig deep boys!