PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spend or Save?

Poll

With £100k in the bank - When should we spend the cup money on new players?

ASAP- we need a big playoff push
- 30 (68.2%)
Close season - Build a solid team for 2013/14
- 11 (25%)
Never - invest it in upgrading facilities and community awareness
- 3 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Spend or Save?  (Read 8378 times)

JDN

Re: Spend or Save?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »

I think it worth to remember that LS dosent exactly have a great record with signings

Yes Havern, Leather and Moult have been better than the rubbish last season and Richman has got better,  but the rest have been tosh

Doughty ok, but then again as he said at the fans forum we know Doughty a lot better than he does

He could sign players but how many Broomes, Miles, Mitchley, Brooks, Lacey, Flynn, Hawes type players would end up with?

There only so many ex Port Vale players about

Peake me baby

bumble

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »

I think it worth to remember that LS dosent exactly have a great record with signings

Yes Havern, Leather and Moult have been better than the rubbish last season and Richman has got better,  but the rest have been tosh

Doughty ok, but then again as he said at the fans forum we know Doughty a lot better than he does

He could sign players but how many Broomes, Miles, Mitchley, Brooks, Lacey, Flynn, Hawes type players would end up with?

Peake me baby

Wont Peake you because you make an interesting point

LS has said on numerous occasions - in the article about when the cup money was disccused - that he wouldnt sign loads and it had to be the right player

He spouted on about dressing room dynamics or something, but given his Miles etc.. last season maybe he doesnt want to sign some journeyman on 700 quid a week.

I know we want signing but whats is far more important is spending money correctly on decent players - whether this is lack of contacts or because theyre snapped up is another question (some may say if this were the case he should have acted sooner)

Robins Retweet

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »

Would tolson help with contacts in the area? One very big worry for me is we dont seem as savvy on the scouting side anymore, ok i know that for every reeves theres two or three justin bowlers but its good to see a little churn rate.

Peake me harder  :D

RocketDan

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »

Would tolson help with contacts in the area? One very big worry for me is we dont seem as savvy on the scouting side anymore, ok i know that for every reeves theres two or three justin bowlers but its good to see a little churn rate.

Peake me harder  :D

For all the criticism Heathcote got, at least he took a keen interest in Non-league football throughout the northwest and had his finger very much on the pulse of teams one or two leagues below - plucking players like Danylyk and Lawton from relative obscurity.

Not sure how many games Lee gets to scout outside of Humberside....

JDN

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

Must be some half decent players at North Ferriby?

He could even give them a lift to games ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

Must be some half decent players at North Ferriby?

He could even give them a lift to games ;D

Liam King ? Still only 25.......

Hamilton

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »

Peake me baby

There seems to be too many players that seem decent on paper, have a reasonable reputaion, but don't seem to have the character to succeed at this level. Miles, for instance, was very disappointing for someone of whom there was much hope.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »

Are we the only ones not signing anyone
Harold
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spend or Save?