PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Futures Bright, The Futures Robins
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Futures Bright, The Futures Robins  (Read 6808 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »

Interesting to read about the AGM on the Official Site. www.altrinchamfc.com

ALTY GO FORWARD
fourth successive year Altrincham FC had recorded a small profit - £9,315.

The Directors were confirmed for a further year by a vote of the shareholders and they comprise Geoff Goodwin, Grahame Rowley, Andrew Shaw, Carole Hassan, Barry Pond and Derek Wilshaw

The independent accountant from Milner Boardman congratulated the Board on running the club in exemplary fashion.

Barry Pond revealed that plans are afoot to replace the floodlights at Moss Lane in time for next season. Though the existing lights meet the Conference lux standards, they are more than 40 years old and their design is such that it is difficult to replace bulbs.

It is also hoped to erect a new toilet block for next season in the Golf Road/Moss Lane corner of the ground. The sewers will connect to the new sewers currently being laid in Golf Road.

Andrew Shaw confirmed that the club had put in its request for party walls with the impending building development on the car park at Moss Lane

---
WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED FOR DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Futures Bright, The Futures Robins
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »

If we hadn't been fined a Grand we'd have been into five figures  >:(
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »

When they say "replace the floodlights" does that mean the pylons as well as the actual lights?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »

When they say "replace the floodlights" does that mean the pylons as well as the actual lights?

heard a rumour somwhere we were looking at corner style floodlights but i don't know

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »

heard a rumour somwhere we were looking at corner style floodlights but i don't know

That would be absolutely fantastic, if true, but I think too expensive for us! (unless we can get a set for Nine Grand ;) )
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »

I hope we do go for corner ones, only so that I can see the bloody pitch better. Being short is a big disadvantage. If we got corner ones we could pretend we play on a subuteo pitch then.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »

I too would like to congratulate everybody from the top too the bottom and say what a good job they are doing. WELL DONE!!

On the floodlights, they would need replacing to gain better access?

The way the current lights are installed away from the pylon, makes it impossible to change the bulbs without an access lift. I would comment that if the lights were directed more at the pitch they would give a better light coverage of the pitch.

If we could get some in the corners that would be fantastic and improve the view for spectaors and players alike.

I definetley feel we are heading in the right direction.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »

its subtle things like corner floodlghts and decent toilets which would make moss lane a great ground, we have the big grandstand, the hospitality and the brilliant fans its all important to make the club even bigger and better than we are today!

DarrenH

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »

Yeah fair play to all involved.
Keep up the good work.
Good to see a football club at any level not posting a loss !!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

Re the floodlights.

Barry Pond intimated a couple of things. The electrician the club use has pointed out he isn't happy with them. Also, whilst they do meet conference standards they are not of a high standard that any midweek tv games would require. IF we stay up and IF setanta were to come to ML they would want or at least like a much greater 'lux' on the lights.

Also, they were erected 40 odd years ago and if you look at how thin and shaky they are then you need a lift to get up there. I believe that what would be wanted are pylons that would in a basic sense fold forward halfway up. That is, when maintenance or new bulbs are  required the spark can winch it down, do the work at pitch level and winch it back up. AFAIK.

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 09:40:19 PM »

Would any planning permission be required for new floodlights given Moss Lane's location?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »

Corner floodlights would be fantastic!   could we raise the extra money some how or obtain a grant for them.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »

Good point:

Would any planning permission be required for new floodlights given Moss Lane's location?

The residents opposite the ground have complained on numerous occasions about the intensity of the floodlights in the past.  If they were to be improved, any application to TBC would need to be notified to those residents.  However, if they are more efficient and do their job properly in that they illuminate the pitch rather than Moss Lane, Hale as a whole, they may be convinced of the benefit  ???

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »

Dear Parkin Baker,

As a resident who lives within a Lewis Chalmers long throw of the sacred turf of Moss Lane, may I state that I am totally in favour of Alty erecting new and brighter floodlights.

This would mean that on training nights and match nights, I could leave the curtains at the front of my house open and not have to switch on any lights at home, thereby reducing my electricity bill considerably.

(I can't think why...but I've suddenly developed an intense craving for a lemon curd sponge cake.....) 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 01:07:17 PM »

Cult..................maybe you could ask Barney's to stay open until midnight ?
That way you could get further free illumination and we could get chips on the way home after the NWS has stopped serving
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team