PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For anyone who likes a bet
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: For anyone who likes a bet  (Read 5109 times)

Baldrick

Re: For anyone who likes a bet
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »

I would like the game switched to the Den but i suppose Arsenal would be fairer and more profitable for both clubs.

Thatcher had a lot of crazy ideas. I think she was just a control freak. The riot happened because Bedfordshire police don't have any experience of dealing with large crowds and they never expected so many away fans to arrive. At the time Millwall had one of the biggest NF followings in the league and the local Asians became victims of beatings and lootings. Millwall had taken a lot of nonsense from police at various grounds (still do) and they took the chance for revenge. I was at Kings Cross at 10am that day and it was obvious there was going to be trouble. Some of the Luton forums are talking about revenge. None of the idiots posting these things will be anywhere near Luton on the day but it has already got the attention of the Millwall fans who only turn up for West Ham and Leeds. I can see this being another riot.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »

There is a rule in betting. Never bet on the odds-on away team. It's the road to poor house.
They really should be beating teams like us

Baldrick

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 05:31:06 PM »

There is a rule in betting. Never bet on the odds-on away team. It's the road to poor house.

I never heard that before but i will study it over the next few weeks. If it proves to be accurate the road to the rich house must be to lay the odds on away team on Betfair.

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »

Not a particularly appealing bet. Millwall might have squeezed past a dreadfully poor Aston Villa side, but they're average Championship at best and look short on firepower having lost the two forwards recently.

Luton have been like this for a few years now. They struggle to win the league (as they probably should) at least in part because the fans expect too much. They get on the players' backs early in games and the board/management are too trigger happy in their transfer dealings and team selection. But the fact remains they pay decent money, have plenty of FL standard players and when Luton are the underdogs, the fans can give them good backing.

I think Millwall would be perfectly happy with a replay.

Baldrick

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »

Not a particularly appealing bet. Millwall might have squeezed past a dreadfully poor Aston Villa side, but they're average Championship at best and look short on firepower having lost the two forwards recently.

Luton have been like this for a few years now. They struggle to win the league (as they probably should) at least in part because the fans expect too much. They get on the players' backs early in games and the board/management are too trigger happy in their transfer dealings and team selection. But the fact remains they pay decent money, have plenty of FL standard players and when Luton are the underdogs, the fans can give them good backing.

I think Millwall would be perfectly happy with a replay.

Millwall signed Rob Hulse today and Chris Taylor should be fit soon. Average championship is still three divisions higher than average BSP. Luton have had a good cup run but i think its over now.

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »

I would like the game switched to the Den but i suppose Arsenal would be fairer and more profitable for both clubs.

Thatcher had a lot of crazy ideas. I think she was just a control freak. The riot happened because Bedfordshire police don't have any experience of dealing with large crowds and they never expected so many away fans to arrive. At the time Millwall had one of the biggest NF followings in the league and the local Asians became victims of beatings and lootings. Millwall had taken a lot of nonsense from police at various grounds (still do) and they took the chance for revenge. I was at Kings Cross at 10am that day and it was obvious there was going to be trouble. Some of the Luton forums are talking about revenge. None of the idiots posting these things will be anywhere near Luton on the day but it has already got the attention of the Millwall fans who only turn up for West Ham and Leeds. I can see this being another riot.

Bound to be some tension about this game.  Luton have their won set of crackpots but the intelligence about footy violence is a world apart from what it was in the 80s.  I think the only bet worth making on this fixture is that there will be arrests, but we'll see no significant trouble. 

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »

Why aren't they capable of staging the game safely?

Their stewarding and attitude to health and safety when we played them in the FA Cup was appauling - and we took about 500. Maybe they wont be so cockey with Millwall.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »

How good are Millwall ? Just lost 2-0 at Barnsley......

Baldrick

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »

How good are Millwall ? Just lost 2-0 at Barnsley......

They got cup fever. There is a real feeling in South London that they could get to Wembley this year.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »

Millwall probably will win and I feel you will get 10/11 or maybe evens on a coupon

Baldrick

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 11:41:41 PM »

Millwall probably will win and I feel you will get 10/11 or maybe evens on a coupon

It seems a bit odd that Blue Square are the only genuine bookie offering an early price. I asked in Coral and BetFred today and they both said odds will be available nearer the time. I need to build up my kitty for the Grand National. I win on that roughly every three years so i'm due a win this year.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For anyone who likes a bet