PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For anyone who likes a bet
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: For anyone who likes a bet  (Read 5108 times)

Baldrick

« on: January 28, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »

Blue Square are offering 4/5 Millwall to beat Luton. This has to be the bet of the century. Millwall will slaughter them. Luton are the most overrated team ever to play in the BSP.

Jimmy

Re: For anyone who likes a bet
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:44:21 PM »

I think millwall will win but that price isn't that generous mate

Baldrick

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »

Millwall should win very easily. The other bookies haven't priced it up yet. I was expecting about 1/3

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »

If its 1/3 very few will bet on it don't think that many will at 4/5 but I do thing millwall will win

Baldrick

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »

4/5 will attract the big money punters. An 80% profit is a great return for a two hour investment. I can't remember what price Millwall were when they played Altrincham but i'm sure they were a lot shorter.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »

You can say an 80% profit in 2 hours is good but that's the case in any 4/5 game when you win a bet it's normally is quick investment I would bet on it if I got evens which is what wolves were against Luton and that's before Luton had the 2 big scalps

Baldrick

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:54:38 PM »

You can say an 80% profit in 2 hours is good but that's the case in any 4/5 game when you win a bet it's normally is quick investment I would bet on it if I got evens which is what wolves were against Luton and that's before Luton had the 2 big scalps

Yes but Millwall are a better team than Wolves and i have a feeling Luton have gone as far as they can. Millwall fans will turn up in their thousands and make it more like a home game. I can see this being a very one sided game.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16:52 AM »

Yes but Millwall are a better team than Wolves and i have a feeling Luton have gone as far as they can. Millwall fans will turn up in their thousands and make it more like a home game. I can see this being a very one sided game.

No reason why Millwall shouldn't be big favourites but I daresay they will probably have no more than a quarter of the tickets and the Luton fans are hardly going to treat it like a tea dance.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:43 AM »

I just wouldn't write Luton off. Millwall aren't exactly Barcelona......

Baldrick

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »

Thousands will turn up without tickets. This could be another 1985. Luton won't agree to give up home advantage but they are not capable of staging this game safely.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »

Why aren't they capable of staging the game safely?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »

I suspect the game will be switched to a lunchtime kickoff with (obviously) a very heavy police presence.

People can theoretically turn up to any ground without a ticket, so I fail to see how it refelects on Luton's ability (or inability) to stage the fixture.
Come on Alty!

Baldrick

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »

Because the capacity is not big enough and the rules say they only have to give Millwall 15% of the tickets, which is about 1500. Millwall fans are starting to believe it could be another Millwall v Manchester United final, this time at Wembley and without Ronaldo. All the tickets will go to season ticket holders (there are about 7000 of them) so the majority of season ticket holders will miss out and members and non members have no chance. Thousands will invade Luton. They will almost certainly change the kick off time and maybe play on the Friday or Sunday but it won't make any difference.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »

Because the capacity is not big enough and the rules say they only have to give Millwall 15% of the tickets, which is about 1500. Millwall fans are starting to believe it could be another Millwall v Manchester United final, this time at Wembley and without Ronaldo. All the tickets will go to season ticket holders (there are about 7000 of them) so the majority of season ticket holders will miss out and members and non members have no chance. Thousands will invade Luton. They will almost certainly change the kick off time and maybe play on the Friday or Sunday but it won't make any difference.

Where should the game be played then?

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

We have to remember that back in 1985 we were under the Thatcher rule & didnt Luton have some kind of
membership cards at the time & Millwall thought it would be a good idea to wreck all that.

I think Millwall just wanted to fight the Police & Thatcher's rule & this was one of their attempts.
It was nothing against Luton Town as such.

I think Thatcher was quite involved with Luton & their "private" membership schemes though. I remember seeing her on tv
outside these new turnstiles at Kenilworth road when they were bringing in their scheme.
She wanted all football fans to have identity cards & Luton were trying to bring it in at that time.

After the Millwall game, they banned all away supporters but i remember a few games on tv when they were at home to the likes of
United & Liverpool where there were hundreds of away fans in the ground who all got memberships because they were southern based fans
of United & Liverpool.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team