PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You've got to love the football rumours website
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You've got to love the football rumours website  (Read 7652 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »

"11 Jan 2013 03:13:40
York look set to offer Damien Reeves and Duncan Watmore of Altrincham their first route into professional football. Winger Watmore and Striker Reeves will play in a friendly game in the middle of next week for York but both are extremely keen for the moves to go ahead"

They'll struggle to fitbthat in with us having 3 games in 7 days and both struggling with knocks as it is!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: You've got to love the football rumours website
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

Anyone can e mail them with a rumour as far as I know . Not sure if this is substantiated anywhere else , I doubt york could affotrd one let alone both of them

markecky

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »

Not to sure that York will be able to meet our valuation of Duncan...not a lot of cash floating about there I don't think.

"Despite winning twice at Wembley and achieving their ultimate dream of a return to the Football League, York City are set to announce a £467,000 operating loss for last season"

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

Two words.

Greg Young.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:36:56 PM »

Full time and proud of it

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »

More news...

York City striker Jamie Reed is up for sale if the right offer comes along.  His record -25 goals in 81 games for City including 45 from the bench so he's sure to get a decent offer.

York have a friendly lined up where a quartet of new players are to be assessed.  The four trialists are from the League of Ireland with the quartet set to feature in a friendly fixture at Sunderland next Wednesday. One is a defender with the other three attackers.

York are serious about recruiting players.  I'd not discount this rumour just yet.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:50:03 PM by York Alty »

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »

Two words.

Greg Young.

Moved on a free at the end of his contract. Damian could possibly go. I doubt you'd have the cash to pay, especially what we as fans, value Duncan at.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »

More news...

York City striker Jamie Reed is up for sale if the right offer comes along.  His record -25 goals in 81 games for City including 45 from the bench so he's sure to get a decent offer.

York have a friendly lined up where a quartet of new players are to be assessed.  The four trialists are from the League of Ireland with the quartet set to feature in a friendly fixture at Sunderland next Wednesday. One is a defender with the other three attackers.

York are serious about recruiting players.  I'd not discount this rumour just yet.

We all know they could have Reeves for free but they would never be able to afford Watmore. 

They aren't free agents either so no chance we'd sanction a trial match.

Total nonsense.  You've got to love the internet, they will have both rejected York by about 11:30.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »

Could be one for the worlds lazyist journalists the evenings news to follow

joe

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »

I certainly wouldn't rule out Reeves going to York during the window if they can offer a decent deal to him as he's available on a free and he craves league football but Watmore won't be going anywhere just yet.

NauticaPete

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »

Watmore is going nowhere while he is still a student at Manchester Uni, I know this from a reliable source.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 04:08:38 AM »

football rumours site is now saying chester are preparing a five figure bid for reeves don't know who starts these.

10K (minimum) for the most prolific striker in non league football over the last two seasons, at an age where he will be zoo hitting his best? Not exactly unheard of.

Would Reevesy go though, to a same level club, who would then tie him into a contract demanding a fee if a league club came in for him? Probably not is my guess.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »

Me and Hendo were chatting to Reevesy in the bar after the match yesterday actually. I asked him about transfer rumours and specifically York City and through the fog of all of the ale I think his exact words were 'Thats the first I've heard of it'. So there you go Phil. Who knows though really where he'll end up. York would be as plausible as any given their location and recent non league status.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »

Why would Chester need another striker? With a GD of +50odd, unless they've started rebuilding for next season.

bumble

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »

football rumours site is now saying chester are preparing a five figure bid for reeves don't know who starts these.

David reeves is off to fleetwood along with watmore for 100k Plus a freindly
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team