PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Afc Fylde on for reeves?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Afc Fylde on for reeves?  (Read 8181 times)

RocketDan

Re: Afc Fylde on for reeves?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »

A daft comparison besides Sheffield united tried to get maradona in the late 70s im glad Colin little didn't  find joining alty disrespectful
Colin little was finishing his career, not hitting 50 goals a season in his mid twenties..

It's only the same as us talking about signing Danny Higginbottam.

has the club actually confirmed that a bid has been made or is this pure speculation?

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

A daft comparison besides Sheffield united tried to get maradona in the late 70s im glad Colin little didn't  find joining alty disrespectful
Colin little was finishing his career, not hitting 50 goals a season in his mid twenties..
Colin little was still good enough to play in leauge thankfully he joined us 2 leagues lower besides if messi joined Watford it would fill every championship ground therefore good for the English game

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »

The championship is the 4th most watched league in Europe, it doesn't need Watford spending 250million on Messi to improve attendances!

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 08:18:08 PM »

The games in the championship are far from full back to the real point flyde might be at our at level soon reeves will stay at alty but it's no insult if a woman was after me I'd say no I wouldn't find it an insult

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »

I'd like to know one of the posters "good Alty contact" seems a bit odd. Why would someone who follows them have an Alty contact?

Wouldn't worry to much about it. He's not going to waste 4/5 years of his decent footballing life climbing up the ladder with them

altyshop

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »

My contact is blue square premier assistant manager!
People mentioning Watford,higgingbotham,messi etc has no relevance to reeves leaving what so ever.
I still believe he will stay but we wouldn't get anywhere near £130k as someone has suggested.
Flyde are on the up, rich ambitious owner, full time manager, new stadium in the pipeline etc.
If they offer reeves a decent sighing on fee and a 52 week contract for 2/3 years it could happen.
I don't believe it will but it's not as unrealistic as people are thinking.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »

When was the last time we had a bid for a player?

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »

Heard a rumour today that big spending afc Fylde are preparing a move for Damien reeves!!
Can't see reevesy dropping down a level but money talks, hope this is not true.

They should have put a bid in for Damian Reeves.

Hopefully they won't notice when his less successful brother Damien Reeves turns up to play for them and we can pocket the cash and keep on to our lovely striker.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »

When was the last time we had a bid for a player?

Bid as in money offered? If so I'd go around 2003.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »

People mentioning Watford,higgingbotham,messi etc has no relevance to reeves leaving what so ever.
I still believe he will stay but we wouldn't get anywhere near £130k as someone has suggested.
Flyde are on the up, rich ambitious owner, full time manager, new stadium in the pipeline etc.
If they offer reeves a decent sighing on fee and a 52 week contract for 2/3 years it could happen.

They've been on the up for the last 3 years. Still got to get up the ladder and throwing money around doesn't always guarantee you success.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »

What is it with the Fylde Coast and all these new money outfits? Apart from a small pocket around Lytham St Anne's most of it is a bleak, windswept toilet.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »

What is it with the Fylde Coast and all these new money outfits? Apart from a small pocket around Lytham St Anne's most of it is a bleak, windswept toilet.

Oi. I'm in the plush suburb of Bispham :)

AFC's owner wanted a crack at Blackpool and tried for years to get on the board and get in but never succeeded. So of course took over at Kirkham and rebranded them. I think I read somewhere Pilley wanted a go with Blackpool too. AFC haven't got the catchment area to sustain above BSN I'd say.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:10 PM »

Oi. I'm in the plush suburb of Bispham :)

AFC's owner wanted a crack at Blackpool and tried for years to get on the board and get in but never succeeded. So of course took over at Kirkham and rebranded them. I think I read somewhere Pilley wanted a go with Blackpool too. AFC haven't got the catchment area to sustain above BSN I'd say.

Haha! Some good friends live in Lytham and the centre reminds me of Hale Village. As you say though AFC Fylde certainly don't have the support that say Fleetwood have been able to build up.

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »

how much is the offer then?

Baring in mind his contract runs until the summer and he can leave on a free to sign for a league club in the january transfer window, is it worth cashing in on Damian should a suitable offer be put on the table?

Regardless of his contract situation, I'd hope that Damian would command is larger transfer fee than the club record of £50,000 we received for Kevin Ellison.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

Putting in a bid for a player knowing you have no chance of getting him can create optimism among the fans as it could be seen as showing ambition.

on the other hand if you're a chicken farming owner of Blacnburn Rovers and go on about signing Beckham etc you end up looking an arse.  Egg on their faces so to speak.
So now we know. The chicken came before the egg  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Afc Fylde on for reeves?