PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do the team rely too much on Watmore?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do the team rely too much on Watmore?  (Read 5026 times)

Baldrick

« on: January 01, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »

That number six should have been sent off for the foul that put Duncan out of the game. But without him they looked lost.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Do the team rely too much on Watmore?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »

The second half was excruciating.
Without Duncan and Nicky, we are an average team at best, with no creativity at all.We need to get another player or two in January.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »

appalling 2nd half....we were lucky to get all 3 points today.....you wonder what lee says to the players at half time and how much the back 4 would actually get fined if they dribbled the ball out.......

on the plus side I'm thinking of changing my surname to sinnott so I can become an alty legend.....out of position presumably.....

temp alty

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »

That number six should have been sent off for the foul that put Duncan out of the game. But without him they looked lost.

Do you mean Prince Hayward?

Some of the lads nearby thought he was the best player on the pitch, Mick Carmody would have sorted him out thou.

The linesman was near the incident involving Duncan and Hayward who gave nothing, the referee wasnt that far away either.  Fingers crossed Duncan will be back sooner rather than later, certainly a bright spark for Alty.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:39:54 PM by temp alty »

markecky

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »

Number 10 for them was the best player on the pitch.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »

We didnt play well today, but we got all 3 points.

8th in the league with games in hand to move into 5th place. Not a disaster.

BUT we have to improve all over the pitch on todays performance.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »

The second half was excruciating.
Without Duncan and Nicky, we are an average team at best, with no creativity at all.We need to get another player or two in January.

I think this is true.

However, I bet if you took the two most creative players out of any team (bar Chester, possibly) in the league they would struggle to make chances.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »

My girlfriend agreed

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »

Mullan - see my post on the Boxing Day thread. Quality player.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »

I see on the Club site that Lee described today's deplorable exhibition as "probably the worst we've played all season". Whilst we were generally worse at home against Brackley (opening day nerves ?), Guiseley (limitations depessingly exposed), and Workington (caught cold, never recovered), in the context of the match I feel bound to agree - indeed I said precisely this to Hash and Bury Alty during the second half.

OK, we lost Duncan early to a dreadful foul that my granddaughter could have spotted, but the referee waved away and his Dumbo assistant hadn't the guts or guile to pick up on. And my God how we missed Nicky !

BUT.....what the Hell was going on in midfield ? We created practically nothing against ten men.

How come we didn't adopt a "shoot on sight" policy against a non-goalie (though he made a couple of good stops in fairness) ?

Why wasn't Doughty brought on earlier, releasing Densmore to move forward ?

And why are we persisting with James Lawrie wide left ? HE IS NOT NICKY CLEE ! ! ! ! Simon Richman could have done a much better job.

The fact is that my pre-season optimism is in decline, because we are becoming like Notts County (haven't lost away for 18 months, in which time they've been done at home NINE times). I shall resist the urge to shout "SINNOUT" but it's a close call right now.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:04 PM »

Sinnout but i mean Sinnot junior he didn't look at all interested in both games against bridge , should of played Simon from start .

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »

As everyone knows we were crap today but I'll have crap and 3 points over the 'moral victory' and no points every time.

4/6 against Stalybridge over Christmas will do me. Now another winnable home game on Saturday to build on today and we can start looking towards the top 5.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:47 AM »

That's because he didn't have a left-back to play against him
They really should be beating teams like us

Robins Retweet

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 08:39:53 AM »

I know lee may have his worries about watmore defensively but again for me lee is playing the players in wrong positions, for me duncans best work is on the wing so that is where he should play, he should never be holding the ball up he should be making the wingers run, he seems to be confused with lawrie also and where to play him, jordan sinnot is looking like a carry bag loan and i dont want to start on the defence!

I notice a lot of stray not-arsed passes too so not quite the play off side yet.

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 09:09:18 AM »

I know lee may have his worries about watmore defensively but again for me lee is playing the players in wrong positions, for me duncans best work is on the wing so that is where he should play, he should never be holding the ball up he should be making the wingers run, he seems to be confused with lawrie also and where to play him, jordan sinnot is looking like a carry bag loan and i dont want to start on the defence!

I notice a lot of stray not-arsed passes too so not quite the play off side yet.
George Heslop is quite adamant that Duncan's best position is as a central striker, and he should know ! Yes, he plays well out wide, but I believe he's so talented and committed that he'd do a job anywhere on the field.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team