table
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: table  (Read 4361 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: table
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »

Harrogate will be very tough, I would take a draw now after performance vs Staly at home.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »

You can't take a draw in home matches against teams that won't make playoffs

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »

We have to improve at home (to state the obvious).
We have so many home games remaining against teams below us, we will only have ourselves to blame if we miss out on the playoffs this year.

Just to expand on this point:

I think the main reason we have been poor at home is because he have played teams that are better than us. Of the five home games we have lost this season,  four have come against teams currently occupying the top four places. The table doesn't lie.

That said, we have still have seven home games to play against opposition who are in the bottom half. The seven games against teams placed 14th and below (Solihul, Gloucester, Corby, Bishop Stortford, Colwyn Bay, Droyslden) are all winnable fixtures and i'd be very disappointed if we got less than five wins and two draws (17 points from a possible 21) from these fixtures.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:11 PM »

We have to improve at home (to state the obvious).
We have so many home games remaining against teams below us, we will only have ourselves to blame if we miss out on the playoffs this year.

Just to expand on this point:

I think the main reason we have been poor at home is because he have played teams that are better than us. Of the five home games we have lost this season,  four have come against teams currently occupying the top four places. The table doesn't lie.

That said, we have still have seven home games to play against opposition who are in the bottom half. The seven games against teams placed 14th and below (Solihul, Gloucester, Corby, Bishop Stortford, Colwyn Bay, Droyslden) are all winnable fixtures and i'd be very disappointed if we got less than five wins and two draws (17 points from a possible 21) from these fixtures.

This is what I have been saying all along since the first few defeats against Chester and Brackley. Our time WILL come. I do believe that we will be make the play offs or at worst be just outside them. Whilst I support LS we will now only have ourselves to blame if we dont make the play offs. As commented about I do also believe we are a couple good players short of a real promotion prospect side. But this year could be one year too early for us to sustain the Premier level.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »

Jurassic Park

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »

Whilst still a lot of football to be played (and some crucial games in the run in), it will be good if in the top 5 that last 2 games are Hinckley away an Droylsden home, currently the bottom 2.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »

Spiceworld

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »

A long way to go yet, but defo heading in the right direction and the last few games have not been against the cannon fodder either. Encouraging.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 table