News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So we enter another stage..

Author Topic: So we enter another stage..  (Read 2129 times)

markecky

« on: December 15, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

the next four games are winnable.  

I was thinking that maybe 10 points with a draw away at Stalybridge would be the necessary return.

However with how we play away and them struggling I think we can win that as well.

Today's unexpected (but deserved) three points has set us up another chance, lets see if we can take it.

bumble

Re: So we enter another stage..
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »

I was thinking that maybe 10 points with a draw away at Stalybridge would be the necessary return.

However with how we play away and them struggling I think we can win that as well.

Today's unexpected (but deserved) three points has set us up another chance, lets see if we can take it.

Ecky also found a new friend today.... Baaaaa

But on a serious note, cracking performance - proper bodies on the line performance against some nippy wingers and an awful ref
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:16:08 PM by Stoke Alty »

JDN

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:06:36 PM »

Ecky also found a new friend today.... BA

But on a serious note, cracking performance - proper bodies on the line performance against some nippy wingers and an awful ref
BA Baracus?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »

Nail on head Ecky.

Assuming Fax is off Tuesday night cos of their FAT game,  then the next 4 comprise a side we've beaten twice already this season, followed by Stalybridge where the natives are in open revolt and they are on a poor run plus cannon fodder Histon. We have a great opportunity now to be in a very strong position come New Years Day and we must take it.

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 01:15:14 AM »

Looking a bit further ahead. We have 8 games between now and Guisley away in mid jan.

6 wins, 2 draw, 0 loss and We are right back in it!

My foolish optimism will now be deflated with a 3-1 loss at home to Boston on Saturday.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »

Every time we give ourselves these chances, we seem to blow it!
It's really up to the manager to make sure that doesn't happen again. I really thought our season was over last weekend, but we have hauled ourselves up again. Time to show this league what we can do!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team