PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Duncan Protection  (Read 22549 times)

JDN

Re: Duncan Protection
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 02:09:30 AM »

How do you think he is doing mate
look at the league table Jimmy

fuertes

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

try going to games before calling people trolls you dickhead

Bless. You're very agitated, aren't you?  :D

Thanks for the personal abuse, though. And I'll be at the game tomorrow, FYI.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »

It's not inconsistent to think that Duncan does need to be rested occasionally but that it was wrong to not start him against Gainsborough.

Sinnott isn't infallible.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

whopper

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »

just has a conversation with a port vale fan in my office and he asked why we were midtable?

he then said these words "please tell me sinnot didn't last more than a season with you!"  :-\

"he was the worst manager vale ever had the fans hated him"  :-\

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »

I read Sinnott's explanation in the paper and can't make my mind up either way.  Excuse?  Maybe...

I still bet Duncan is already lined up to go to a League club (Hull City is my suspect) quite soon and they don't want him injured or warn out.  We will be lucky to keep him past the end of this season, what ever happens.  If Jordan Sinnott is a Championship standard prospect, and Huddersfield must think so, then Duncan will play in the Prem, no worries...  Whether any of these things proves to be true, time will tell.

One thing is fact, Duncan is being protected, we have Lee's explanation as to why, I have my doubts, and one more reason why we won't see the Conference next season.
Shame, he is worth the entry fee alone.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »

Seeing as he's in the first year of a degree course there's not much chance of him going full time anywhere for another two years at least. He would be very poorly advised if he gave up on his studies.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

whopper

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

Seeing as he's in the first year of a degree course there's not much chance of him going full time anywhere for another two years at least. He would be very poorly advised if he gave up on his studies.
it could work either way, unless you have a crystal ball u dont know, if he gets offered a good deal he might have to work for a long time in a company to get anywhere near what pro footballers are on.

roytonmike

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »

Absolutely correct - and I have a feeling the advice he will have received from his father among others will be along these lines. He has to have insurance against injury, not making the grade etc. in the form of the best possible level of academic qualifications.

whopper

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »

Absolutely correct - and I have a feeling the advice he will have received from his father among others will be along these lines. He has to have insurance against injury, not making the grade etc. in the form of the best possible level of academic qualifications.
all nice words and that but..... as soon as a club offers you 1k+ a week to play football it doesn't matter what you know you are taking it.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »

So £50,000 a year in a job that at best runs till you are late 30's is going to guarantee you to be set up for life is it?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

whopper

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »

So £50,000 a year in a job that at best runs till you are late 30's is going to guarantee you to be set up for life is it?
are you seriously suggesting that he wouldn't take it? the bonuses plus wage increases year on year are more than most companies can dream of giving out. at 18 he would be off to a flyer.

and it doesn't end there the contacts you gain bring coaching opportunities and other careers outside football.

you also have to remember there are downsides to university's and getting good employment after year on year of study.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:42:33 PM by Ridgeway Rocket »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

He might also just like the idea of being a professional footballer.

It's pretty much the dream job for loads of young lads.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

If Duncan is as bright as his previous academic history is suggesting and if he does well with the degree I believe he may well be taking he could at least double the £50K per year by not being a Professional Footballer

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »

Im sure he could get a degre whlst being a pro footballer
Full time and proud of it

whopper

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2012, 06:31:48 PM »

If Duncan is as bright as his previous academic history is suggesting and if he does well with the degree I believe he may well be taking he could at least double the £50K per year by not being a Professional Footballer
lovely word "if" isnt it phil, :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection