PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Duncan Protection  (Read 22546 times)

thegazelle

Re: Duncan Protection
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »

am i missing something here . he is 18 and totally capable of running around all day for fecks sake. there is a load of total tripe being talked here . hes the best player we have had for years. football is not a kicking game like it used to be . Stop arsing  about get him on the pitch playing.its not like your sending him into war or down a pit for fecks sake.

get real and stop mollycuddling

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »

Great post

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »

During the age Duncan is, he is bound to experience growth spurts, in his bones and muscular developement. When Alex was 17, he had the same problem and went to see Sean Riley, who was then our club Physio. Alex was having a knee problem, which was diagnosed as his bones developing and his muscles also trying to keep up, often as Sean pointed out at not quite the same pace. He had to miss a couple of games and do knee exercises. Sean said to have not done so would have caused him injuery which could then turn into months rather than days/weeks. He had to also do knee exercises to encourage his muscular development, as Lee is getting him to do. Bones and muscles do not always develop at the same rate. Alex has also grown from 5' 10" to 6' 5" in the last 2 years.

So all you who are slagging off Lee, should let us trust him. After all, if Duncan was out for a couple of months, you would all be the first to moan. I cant believe some of you are still dissing Lee Sinnott after what he has told you, because he is dead right!! There again he can do nothing right with some of you!

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »

With respect that is fairly unusual

whopper

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »

With respect that is fairly unusual
if duncan had that condition it would be classed as an injury and would'nt be played at all surely?

Jenga

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 10:01:36 PM »

Unusual or not LS has made the statement.

IF it was an incorrect statement I am sure Mr D Watmore would be the first to up roots and leave the club with the support of his dad.

Some people are so against LS it is untrue, and quite frankly the statements I see from some people about the situation are plain ignorant.

Jimmy

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »

Teaser people are against him because he is failing you make it sound like its personal

Jenga

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

Teaser people are against him because he is failing

So why are people against him?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 10:35:42 PM »

I look forward to Mister Sinnott engineering "a growing spurt" into a play-off position....with or without Duncan Watmore.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »

How do you think he is doing mate

RocketDan

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »

OK, so we're a one man team. If he starts at Brackley and gets a bad injury in the first ten minutes our season is over before Xmas. There's more absolute bollocks on this thread than I got from my Bluenose colleagues on Monday morning. And that is a Hell of a lot of bollocks.

Correct. But to be fair, most of it is coming from 2 or 3 trolls.

Not trolling.

Never said we are a one man team. Just saying it how i see it - We have a wafer thin squad and need our best players playing every game.

Maybe in four years when we are still midtable in this league and Duncan is playing in the football league you will see it.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »

Its not that unusual  - my son experienced a growth spurt in exactly the same way as Steve outlines.  He carried on competing (athletics, not football) and ended up missing a whole season.  A training partner of his didn't quite have it so extreme but lost all his co-ordination and looked a shadow at 18 of him at his peak at 17.

JDN

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 01:57:40 AM »

OK, so we're a one man team. If he starts at Brackley and gets a bad injury in the first ten minutes our season is over before Xmas. There's more absolute bollocks on this thread than I got from my Bluenose colleagues on Monday morning. And that is a Hell of a lot of bollocks.

Not trolling.

Never said we are a one man team. Just saying it how i see it - We have a wafer thin squad and need our best players playing every game.

Maybe in four years when we are still midtable in this league and Duncan is playing in the football league you will see it.
Banbury will never see it because he dosent see many games

JDN

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »

try going to games before calling people trolls you dickhead

JDN

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:36 AM »

Its not that unusual  - my son experienced a growth spurt in exactly the same way as Steve outlines.  He carried on competing (athletics, not football) and ended up missing a whole season.  A training partner of his didn't quite have it so extreme but lost all his co-ordination and looked a shadow at 18 of him at his peak at 17.
if this is the case for Duncan he should be classified as injured and not play at all

What the f**k is LS doing playing injured players then? Is he trying to ruin Duncans career?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection