PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM report on main site
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: AGM report on main site  (Read 11677 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AGM report on main site
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

This thread has strayed a bit from the original point but I agree with what Socrates and others have said.

It boils down to this for me; if at the end of this season and having enjoyed two full seasons at the club and we are not in the play offs again then Lee Sinnott should be toast.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »

i think the point is we'd rather know we have club to support next year and finish mid table bsn than win the conference and go bust....in which case the league is secondary however that does not stop anyone believing we can succeed on a shoestring

Nothing annoys me more than this argument. One reason is that the two need not be mutually exclusive.

I don't really have the heart to go on with the others, it's ridiculous.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »

The league we play in is massively important, the longer our stay was last time we were down here the less people came to watch, simple as that. We are a football club not a collection of chartered accountants.Im all for balancing the books, but there's self worth also. These crowds of 750 won't hang around if our relegationesque home form isn't sorted out sharpish. It's taken years to build back to where we are now, and it can all drop off again very quickly. The league campaign has been poor and inconsistent just like last season to date. Except this time last season we were a point better off and had just signed jack redshaw. Personally I expect a poor return from the next two games, but we should be claiming six points if we want to start to close this ever increasing gap. A failure to make the playoffs for a second season running would be a complete and utter disaster.

Good post Pete but I don't understand the bit in bold?  What are the options other than balancing the books?

I'm talking more in terms of supporters.It seems we are now at the stage that rather than being a great by product of the football team performing, good figures on the balance sheet are replacing success on the field as the main stay of watching the club. We seem more preoccupied with financial prudence than the fact we're midtable in the unibond league with arguably two of the best players outside the football league in our squad.We are all guilty of it to an extent.But this next four months are the time for the management to deliver.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »

I'm talking more in terms of supporters.It seems we are now at the stage that rather than being a great by product of the football team performing, good figures on the balance sheet are replacing success on the field as the main stay of watching the club. We seem more preoccupied with financial prudence than the fact we're midtable in the unibond league with arguably two of the best players outside the football league in our squad.We are all guilty of it to an extent.But this next four months are the time for the management to deliver.

Good evidence for this is the amount of threads that appear on this forum discussing the financial fortunes of other clubs.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bighairedmike

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 01:19:52 AM »

Balancing the books and challenging for the playoffs should not be mutually exclusive events. The board have done a supremely good job of steadying the ship (once again) after the deficit from last year. They have also made it very clear that funds are now available to the manager to strengthen the squad.

Therefore, it's now over to the manager to deliver his side of the bargain. Aside from a few dissenting voices on here, I think the majority of us have given Lee the benefit of the doubt, but we're going to need a really barnstorming second half to this season if we're to achieve our short term aim of reaching the playoff places and staying there. We've done good things on our travels this season and had a decent cup run, but that is currently offset by some truly woeful home form. I believe, barring 2 or 3 additions, the nucleus of a good squad is already basically there, so it's not all doom and gloom. We've got no more room for cock-ups though, or our season could effectively be over by the end of January if we don't step things up.

Absolutely spot on here mate. Sums everything up if you ask me. Have a Goodwin. :)

Ian J

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »

As someone who has a background in the financial world, a "paper profit" doesn't always translate into a cash profit.

The financial accounts and £2.5k profit were from May 2012, almost 7 months ago now so a lot will have changed during that time. Just because a company makes a profit, this doesn't automatically translate to an increase in cash. Cashflow varies from company to company and is an ever changing thing- for example having to pay the brewery for the beer one day, the next seeing a sponsor cough up for their pitchside board. It's quite feasible for companies to lose money year after year but still keep going thanks to good cash management. Conversely, I see many companies that make an awful lot of money on paper but because they don't manage their cash properly, quickly go out of business.

Long and short of it all, its highly unlikely that the board will have that particular £2.5k set aside to spend on players- it will have more than likely been used to provide a bit of financial headroom in the bank.

My God, I REALLY need a new job....

markecky

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »

The league we play in is massively important, the longer our stay was last time we were down here the less people came to watch, simple as that. We are a football club not a collection of chartered accountants.Im all for balancing the books, but there's self worth also. These crowds of 750 won't hang around if our relegationesque home form isn't sorted out sharpish. It's taken years to build back to where we are now, and it can all drop off again very quickly. The league campaign has been poor and inconsistent just like last season to date. Except this time last season we were a point better off and had just signed jack redshaw. Personally I expect a poor return from the next two games, but we should be claiming six points if we want to start to close this ever increasing gap. A failure to make the playoffs for a second season running would be a complete and utter disaster.

Good post Pete but I don't understand the bit in bold?  What are the options other than balancing the books?

I don't think that ten people on a forum being quite pleased we haven't announced bad financial results is really that reflective of the all the support.  I'd guess there are 400 people on the terraces who have never even discussed it.

I doubt there are many people that in reality pay their money, see us lose but go home happy with the balance sheet.

If some people are baffled as to why we made £2,000 last May and yet had 4 subs at Boston 5 months later, I'm more baffled about why some people almost seem annoyed we have broken even. 

As if its been done to the detriment of the team, which in my view it certainly hasn't.

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 12:50:26 PM »

It is the old chestnut...  twist or stick... 
At least Alty are not in dire financial trouble, that can't be a negative.  Any more conclusions than that is speculation in my opinion.

My concern is this:
750ish crowds is our income stream without a Sugar Daddy, which we don't have.  That equates to a value, I'm not concerned with the exact numbers, call it £10k a home match, £12k with pies and ale, whatever, unless Alty starts to attracting larger crowds 1000+ we may as well get used to the BSCN.  The cup game against Burton showed that there is the appetite for footy in Altrincham and surrounding areas.  What are the Club doing to attract new support?  Alternatively, Alty needs new investment.

For the income stream we have, we are about where we should be.  I'm not saying I like it, it just is.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »

For the income stream we have, we are about where we should be.  I'm not saying I like it, it just is.

Hmmmmmmm......there are only three teams in the division with a higher average attendance than us this season and we have by the clubs own admission 'a very competitive playing budget'. I'm not sure that statement of yours stands up to any level of scrutiny.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:02:30 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

JDN

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »

For the income stream we have, we are about where we should be.  I'm not saying I like it, it just is.

Hmmmmmmm......there are only three teams in the division with a higher average attendance than us this season and we have by the clubs own admission 'a very competitive playing budget'. I'm not sure that statement of yours stands up to any level of scrutiny.
indeed the manager has already gone on record as saying we have a very competitive playing budget

Happy clappers can't start saying we are about where we should be now

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »

Yes, we should be in the top few of the BSCN on the basis you suggest, but would equally be in the bottom few of the Conference.  We are also part-time with no chance of going full-time.  We are likely to be a BSCN <> NC yo-yo club at best without more investment, either by growth in support or a Sugar Daddy.  You can't fight facts, money talks in football.

JDN

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »

K
Yes, we should be in the top few of the BSCN on the basis you suggest, but would equally be in the bottom few of the Conference.  We are also part-time with no chance of going full-time.  We are likely to be a BSCN <> NC yo-yo club at best without more investment, either by growth in support or a Sugar Daddy.  You can't fight facts, money talks in football.
but we not yo yo, we midtable BSN

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »

K
The string is fully extended.........

JDN

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »

Quote from: taxi Phil lin[ftp
[/ftp]k=topic=16086.msg188842#msg188842 date=1355503361]
K
The string is fully extended.........
we f**ked if it snaps ;)

arnald

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »

agm reports what agreat job the staff are doing ,keep ploding on debt free
if we feal the need to loan 10 million i would say no
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM report on main site