PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott  (Read 22862 times)

markecky

Re: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

If Duncan was fit, and I think he was, then he should start every single home and most of the away ones unless there is a real tactical reason not too.

The current Greg Young, a shadow of the player we had at his peak, must have been concerned on the team bus that he was going to be against Duncan all afternoon.  I bet he was delighted when he saw him on the bench.

I thought Jordan Sinnott did pretty well today and he looks an accomplished player for a young lad but he should have started in the centre.

It was a frustrating day today, on another day we would have won it but it wasn't another day.

It is also not acceptable for Altrincham Football Club to play two consecutive games with 4 substitutes.  As a one off at a distant game with a late cry off can happen but for a home game we could involve one of the youth team lads even if he is last choice to bring on.  It might be alright at some club like Vauxhall where no more than 20 people care about the result, it's not acceptable here.

Couldn't fault the effort today, thought Dens and Clee played like demons but we handicapped ourselves from the start.  Wrong decision and it's cost us.

Jimmy

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 12:05:01 AM »

Spot on eck all I'd disagree with is Watmore should start every game he is fit

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »

If Duncan was fit, and I think he was, then he should start every single home and most of the away ones unless there is a real tactical reason not too.

The current Greg Young, a shadow of the player we had at his peak, must have been concerned on the team bus that he was going to be against Duncan all afternoon.  I bet he was delighted when he saw him on the bench.

I thought Jordan Sinnott did pretty well today and he looks an accomplished player for a young lad but he should have started in the centre.

It was a frustrating day today, on another day we would have won it but it wasn't another day.

It is also not acceptable for Altrincham Football Club to play two consecutive games with 4 substitutes.  As a one off at a distant game with a late cry off can happen but for a home game we could involve one of the youth team lads even if he is last choice to bring on.  It might be alright at some club like Vauxhall where no more than 20 people care about the result, it's not acceptable here.

Couldn't fault the effort today, thought Dens and Clee played like demons but we handicapped ourselves from the start.  Wrong decision and it's cost us.

Spot on, Ecky.

What a(nother) wasted opportunity that was yesterday against a very ordinary Gainsborough side.

As I'm not privileged enough to be privy to Duncan Watmore's medical records or how he might have trained last Thursday evening, I can only look forward to Mister Sinnott's ensuing explanation for his choice of starting XI against Gainsborough and the ostensibly bewildering omission of Watmore.

And the repeated failure to field a full quota of substitutes is, frankly, embarrassing.

That's seven defeats in 10 competitive fixtures at Moss Lane this season to date.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 09:01:49 AM »

If he was fit enough to come on, he was fit enough to start, why didn't we put the game to bed then tighten up? As would be normal.We went 0-4 up at Gainsborough not that long ago, when Duncan tore them too bits, youngy lasted 45 minutes and Gainsborough had to overhaul themselves at Half time but the damage was already done.Like it or not, we aren't good enough to drop our best player.Taking out the results against Hinckley and Histon which with every respect I'd think our youth team could give a game due to their current sad situations, we've won one home game against BPA.The supporters of this club are amongst the most patient in football I've ever come across, so when people do have valid reason to be upset, they shouldn't be shouted down.At £13 a pop and over 700 consistently still turning up, that is testament to that. I'll be amongst the 300+ sure to travel on Tuesday, but we need to put a run of wins together, its all well and good winning at Boston, but it counts for nothing if you then throw away a home game against an average outfit with bizarre team selections that don't include your best player.Ill always back the team and get to every game that I possibly can, but that yesterday was simply unacceptable, as was the fact none of the numerous youth players we have registered were named as a sub.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »

I doubt 300 will go to droylsden maybe 200 but even 200 would be a good turn out

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »

You'd be surprised, id expect 300 as its close and one of the few away games some people can get to. We've lost 4 of our last 6 league games and so Tuesday is pretty much a must win game.Droylsden is not a happy hunting ground for us, but we must put, what looks on paper a very poor side to the sword.And look to go to Brackley and win. We are doing the same as last year, "oh there's time yet" "it'll come together" then all of a sudden, we were mathematically out of it. And if we finish the season the way we finished the last one, we will be lucky to finish in the top ten.Pretty football is great to watch but I'd prefer a quick fire 15 points from 5 games regardless of how we play...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

It worries me how we'll cope on that perennial pudding of a pitch at the Butchers Arms. Silky football is not necessarily going to be possible and we need to be ready for a real battle, which is what it will be, make no mistake!
Come on Alty!

JDN

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »

It worries me how we'll cope on that perennial pudding of a pitch at the Butchers Arms. Silky football is not necessarily going to be possible and we need to be ready for a real battle, which is what it will be, make no mistake!
I think a defeat on Tuesday will be to much for some of us

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »

I think Tuesday is an opportunity for us to show what we're about and whether we've got the stomach for a battle. It's not going to be pretty, but it's about coming home with the points above all else.

Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »

It's almost Christmas and 3 wins at home in a regional league is just not good enough - two of those wins were against teams that will be relegated in May.

Play-off contenders ? Who knows, but looking more unlikely as each week passes
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »

We played really well yesterday but didn't show the required composure in front of goal. We were unlucky to lose but the weeks are passing us by and it feels as if the play off challenge is fading already. It's getting so frustrating because we have decent players but I agree with other posters that Duncan really has to start at home and I'm at a loss to explain why he didn't.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 08:55:28 PM »

Brooke had a better game than reeves today

I think that's your automatic defend Brooke and disagree with any criticism stand point coming out there.

Ryan dropped into the hole well but to little overall effect. Reeves had an excellent game holding the ball up and laying it off despite some rather rough treatment from their large centre halves.

Basically, he did the job I though Brooke was supposed to do and therefore had little chance to get into the box...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »

I think that's your automatic defend Brooke and disagree with any criticism stand point coming out there.

Ryan dropped into the hole well but to little overall effect. Reeves had an excellent game holding the ball up and laying it off despite some rather rough treatment from their large centre halves

Basically, he did the job I though Brooke was supposed to do and therefore had little chance to get into the box...

I don't recall defending brooke before and in fact don't rate him but felt he did ok yesyterday, reeves is the best finisher we have had for decades !

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »

He gets in fair positions however touch is awfull

whopper

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 11:05:31 PM »

Ryan dropped into the hole well but to little overall effect. Reeves had an excellent game holding the ball up and laying it off despite some rather rough treatment from their large centre halves

I don't recall defending brooke before and in fact don't rate him but felt he did ok yesyterday, reeves is the best finisher we have had for decades !
would say its between him and colin little
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott