PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SAM - Sinnott faces striker selection dilemma
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SAM - Sinnott faces striker selection dilemma  (Read 7535 times)

markecky

Re: SAM - Sinnott faces striker selection dilemma
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »

I can see Boston wanting to have a look at Lee - Hull is closer to Boston than Alty and our victories over Boston will have made an impression - but I think Lee has a plan for a couple of years if you look at the youthfulness of the squad and the contracts offered to Leather and Watmore.

No prizes for guessing the next post  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »

On the subject of Lee Sinnott, I remember meeting him away at Harrogate Town in his very first game as manager. I think he knew me from his first open meeting as he recognised me and started talking to me. he was surprised when I told him I reckoned we would get 250 plus to his first game, which we did. I spoke for a few minutes to him and found him quite approachable and a genuine nice guy, an opinion I still have.

Other players such as Ryan Brooke and Danny Mitchley will improve given the chances.

He was hopeful in his programme notes for the Burton replay that we would break the four figure barrier for the attendance. I nearly spat my coffee out. I worry that he thinks he's managing Farsley or something and we're just a hobby club where people are happy to trot down and see some nice football. I think he needs to f**king get with it really. Tactically we're way, way too open. Why on earth does he not rectify this??

Yes, we play good football and I think our first XI can beat anyone but the only way we'd go up is if he had the budget for 16 players of that standard and that ain't gonna happen.

And we need to be realistic about how close we really are to the play offs. A team that finishes 5th is inconsistent so even if you're only if the top half you're only ever 6 or 7 points away. I think we've been in the top 5 for a period of about 4 weeks in the past season and a half.

And re Brooke and Mitchley, you have to be good enough to deserve a chance...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 11:28:52 PM »

Id like to see us bring players in elsewhere, scoring goals isn't a problem,the way we set up means we will always create chances.And to be honest sooner that than going to torquay on valentines day to be greeted with a  4-1-4-1 formation with an unfit jody banim playing as a loan striker.But there's got to be a balance. We need a defensive midfielder in my opinion.And a steak head centre back. That will come on when we are rocking a bit at 0-1 away somewhere and just calm it down and boom the ball away.If we were to bring in another forward, we would be best served bringing in a Tall Physical forward that can hold the ball up, or be someone to aim the Hail Mary balls at in stoppage if needed.

markecky

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 11:47:56 PM »

On the subject of Lee Sinnott, I remember meeting him away at Harrogate Town in his very first game as manager. I think he knew me from his first open meeting as he recognised me and started talking to me. he was surprised when I told him I reckoned we would get 250 plus to his first game, which we did. I spoke for a few minutes to him and found him quite approachable and a genuine nice guy, an opinion I still have.

Other players such as Ryan Brooke and Danny Mitchley will improve given the chances.

He was hopeful in his programme notes for the Burton replay that we would break the four figure barrier for the attendance. I nearly spat my coffee out. I worry that he thinks he's managing Farsley or something and we're just a hobby club where people are happy to trot down and see some nice football. I think he needs to f**king get with it really. Tactically we're way, way too open. Why on earth does he not rectify this??

Yes, we play good football and I think our first XI can beat anyone but the only way we'd go up is if he had the budget for 16 players of that standard and that ain't gonna happen.

And we need to be realistic about how close we really are to the play offs. A team that finishes 5th is inconsistent so even if you're only if the top half you're only ever 6 or 7 points away. I think we've been in the top 5 for a period of about 4 weeks in the past season and a half.

And re Brooke and Mitchley, you have to be good enough to deserve a chance...

I applaud Steve from Sale for having the guts to say what he thinks as positive opinions just aren't popular on here and also for Hugo to agree.

The way some people speak of him you'd think this was his first ever management job and he'd never played a competitive game in his life.

He knows what people expect Ballers, if he didn't at first then he will have done about three games in last season.  The board have always made it clear that they want to go up so why would the manager not know that?

Some of the talk on here is bordering on hysterical.  It's coming after away wins now...not even defeats.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »

We have a manager who has been in the professional game for 30 years. Played at Wembley in a cup final in his late teens, captained another team to victory there a decade later. He has played at every level from top flight to Conference. As a manager he has been in charge from lower football league to regional non-league. He has a hell of a lot of knowledge and experience at all levels. I think he would know what the Alty job is about.

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »

To be honest I think the alty fans are fair in general including this forum

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »

The time to peak the team is now, December onwards, with games in hand that we have and in the final run in. If we win today, I can see us doing well. I have not totally discounted us being capable of winning this league either. Just stop the defensive blips. Thats all you have to do now. Are more full squad with the welcome return of Carl Rodgers will help, as did Damiens two goals last week - hope he has his scoring boots back on.

Believe me, its not all bad in our camp, we are being over-negative caused by a couple of years of disappointment and yo-yoing between North and National.

I say go for it Lee and the team and fear nobody - STARTING TODAY - youve beaten them once, and I like to feel Gainsborough are rattling their sabre because they are sh**ting themselves. They have already been beaten once this season and they do not have home advantage. Depends how you read into what their manager is saying. Me, I just diss it, Lee should do the same.

Feel free to show this post to the players Lee, tell 'em to go for the throat. I used to tell my Unicorn Tigers Under 10's team to do that, and we won 2 league cup finals. Storm them from the start and get them rattled, but keep tight at the back.

My prediction - Alty home win, by how much depends on the lads determination as per above.

Lets do our bit also!

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »

Very good post and that's coming from someone who is negative

JDN

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »

We have a manager who has been in the professional game for 30 years. Played at Wembley in a cup final in his late teens, captained another team to victory there a decade later. He has played at every level from top flight to Conference. As a manager he has been in charge from lower football league to regional non-league. He has a hell of a lot of knowledge and experience at all levels. I think he would know what the Alty job is about.
And is a sh*t manager
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SAM - Sinnott faces striker selection dilemma