PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just a small point....
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just a small point....  (Read 4382 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Just a small point....
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 06:37:54 PM »

I never said you did.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »

I didn't say it wasn't competitive, but in the greater scheme of things it is still relatively limited. My point being that any manager working with a degree of budgetary constraint (ie. not Crawley/Fleetwood) will inevitably face the challenges outlined in the original post of this thread.
[/quote
We have 800 people paying 13 quid a time we have made about 70 grand from the cup if that's not enough to get near the playoffs we might aswell not bother

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »

I think people are reading something that I'm not writing here.

I was basically making the point that the challenges outlined in the original post in this thread should be all in a days work for any manager worth his salt. My reference to budgetary constraints was merely to make the point that managers of super rich clubs would not necessarily face such challenges, as buying players when you've got a blank chequebook is a piece of piss.

Just to clarify, I am well aware that Altrincham FC has a competitive playing budget for this level of football, even more so now we have earned the money from our FA Cup run.

Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »

As far as I am concerned we have a squad of 15. (this is discounting Ryan Brooke and a couple of the younger lads who i think are on loan).

Nicky CLEE
Stuart COBURN
Shaun DENSMORE
Matt DOUGHTY
Jamie GREYGOOSE / Adam REID
Danny HALL
Gianluca HAVERN
James LAWRIE
Scott LEATHER
Daniel MITCHLEY
Jake MOULT
Damian REEVES
Simon RICHMAN
Carl RODGERS
Duncan WATMORE

If we could magically keep everyone fit all season, I think we'd finish 4th. The starting XI pretty much picks itself, however we'd still only have 4 players on the bench.

for me we need:

1) A leftback who can also fill in at centre back (ie. a left footed scott leather.)
2) A Genuine ball winning midfielder who isn't injury prone.
3) A Forward who is better than Ryan Brooke.

Getting ahead of myself, such a player, wishing to play parttime may command a wage of perhaps £300 per week. on a contact until the end of the season (approx 28 weeks) that works out at £8,400 per player - ie. £25k until the end of the season to give us a fighting chance at finishing in the play offs. It's a lot of money, but a gamble worth taking IMHO.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:54:26 PM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

JDN

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »

I was basically making the point that the challenges outlined in the original post in this thread should be all in a days work for any manager worth his salt. My reference to budgetary constraints was merely to make the point that managers of super rich clubs would not necessarily face such challenges, as buying players when you've got a blank chequebook is a piece of piss.

Just to clarify, I am well aware that Altrincham FC has a competitive playing budget for this level of football, even more so now we have earned the money from our FA Cup run.

ok so no excuses for not getting play off then

P45 for LS if no play off

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »

I like that last bit dan getting a forward who is better than Ryan Brooke if he can't manage that I'm not sure he should work again

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

Fair enough

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »

Isn't Beckham available ;D ;) ;) ;)

RocketDan

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »

I would look at the possibility of bringing in a big name player who is nearing the end of his career and thinking about going into management who might consider a short term job as player/trainee manager. Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs would double attendances. Fergie might be interested in some sort of loan arrangement.

Nicky Butt is still living local and looking for a job as a manager.

He was my 1st choice last summer, and given the chance to swap him for sinnott, i'd do it in an instance. Unproven but a great winning mentality.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »

Cost a fortune we couldn't pay anybody a 6 figure a year salary
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:58:07 PM by Jimmy »

Alex

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »

Cost a fortune besides most players managed by taggart have an awful track record in management he would want 100 grand a year at least

Tbf Strachan, Mcleish, Keane, Solskjaer have all won league championships whilst in management.
Hughes did good with Wales (let's be honest that's a task in itself) and then made blackburn a side that mattered, granted its not gone well since but I think just as players have levels so do managers.
And Steve Bruce did a really good job with Birmingham and Wigan

So if we consider that there usually quite successful (even if in the short tem / early part of there managerial career) I'd accept that.

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »

Fair point and I did delete it however the main point is his wage demands budget demands would be unrealistic

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 11:24:15 PM »

Cost a fortune besides most players managed by taggart have an awful track record in management he would want 100 grand a year at least

Tbf Strachan, Mcleish, Keane, Solskjaer have all won league championships whilst in management.
Hughes did good with Wales (let's be honest that's a task in itself) and then made blackburn a side that mattered, granted its not gone well since but I think just as players have levels so do managers.
And Steve Bruce did a really good job with Birmingham and Wigan

So if we consider that there usually quite successful (even if in the short tem / early part of there managerial career) I'd accept that.

Shorter than a dwarf
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just a small point....