Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?  (Read 3773 times)

JDN

Re: Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »

The irony of the cult worshipping ian tunnicliffe whilst berating twissy for being fat is not lost on anyone.

Mind you, I remember tunna as a gentle giant who we would all have loved to have seen succeed at the higher level....he did give us a few moments of magic and I think we all realised he was just a fraction of the pace needed but we appreciated him trying his best.

He was worth it for the goal he scored (or did he assist the scorer by hitting the bar?) V the sheepshaggers in a relegation 6 pointer at moss lane.... described afterwards by a disgruntled macc reportor as alty's gargantuan forward....that bitterness was so sweet....

was the day they were crowned champs if i recall correctly

Mark,

You'll be pleased to learn that I am putting Brian Flynn under intense and increasing pressure to unearth a particular video from his Alty archives, which shows the peerless Tunna scoring for the Robins in a 2-0 win at eventual GMVC Champions, Wycombe Wanderers, back in April 1993.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »

The irony of the cult worshipping ian tunnicliffe whilst berating twissy for being fat is not lost on anyone.

Mind you, I remember tunna as a gentle giant who we would all have loved to have seen succeed at the higher level....he did give us a few moments of magic and I think we all realised he was just a fraction of the pace needed but we appreciated him trying his best.

He was worth it for the goal he scored (or did he assist the scorer by hitting the bar?) V the sheepshaggers in a relegation 6 pointer at moss lane.... described afterwards by a disgruntled macc reportor as alty's gargantuan forward....that bitterness was so sweet....

was the day they were crowned champs if i recall correctly

Mark,

You'll be pleased to learn that I am putting Brian Flynn under intense and increasing pressure to unearth a particular video from his Alty archives, which shows the peerless Tunna scoring for the Robins in a 2-0 win at eventual GMVC Champions, Wycombe Wanderers, back in April 1993.

Indeed, your memory is spot on.

Notwithstanding our 2-0 victory in front of a crowd of 6,284, Wycombe were still crowned League Champions that afternoon.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does Barry pikesley still have nightmares about Mr Twiss?