News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham happy for Lee Sinnott to splash telly cash

Author Topic: Altrincham happy for Lee Sinnott to splash telly cash  (Read 1960 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:56:21 AM »

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/s/1593568_altrincham-happy-for-lee-sinnott-to-splash-telly-cash

Aaron Flanagan
November 13, 2012

Altrincham are prepared to back manager Lee Sinnott with cash earned from the TV coverage of their FA Cup replay with Burton Albion.

The game at Moss Lane was moved to Thursday so that ESPN could screen the match, meaning the Robins will reap a substantial £31,900 pay-day.

This season’s FA Cup run has seen Alty net almost £70,000 in prize-money and gate receipts.

Club chairman Grahame Rowley is happy to invest some of that money back into Sinnott's team when the time is right.

“I was talking to Lee over the weekend and money will be made available if he wants it,” said Rowley. “But, if we look at the current squad, we don't need to bring in people for the sake of it.

“It really has galvanised the club. None of the cup money was budgeted for. When it is all done with, we will sit down and talk about it. We have plenty of plans.”

A gate of around 2,000 is expected for the replay – almost three times that of an average league match at Moss Lane.

Sinnott is prepared to be patient with the money that is now available to him as he does not believe that the small size of his squad is a major issue.

He said: “The squad is only small, just 18 players, but we won’t go and buy people willy nilly. If we need to I will go to the board and put my ideas to them.”

Shaun Densmore will miss the replay on Thursday as he will be serving the second match of his suspension, following a red card at Solihull Moors.

Carl Rodgers is also a slight doubt after pulling up with a tight hamstring at the weekend.

Alty have been handed another lucrative cup tie in the first round of the FA Trophy.

The Robins have been drawn away to FC Halifax. The Yorkshire outfit average over 1,000 at the Shay and are above Alty in the Blue Square North table.

STOCKPORT COUNTY have been drawn at home to Ossett Town, who are three levels below in the Evo-Stik North and have already come through four rounds to get this far.

MACCLESFIELD have a long trip to Blue Square Premier rivals Gateshead while HYDE host fellow strugglers Barrow. All ties will be played on Saturday 24 November.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham happy for Lee Sinnott to splash telly cash
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/s/1593568_altrincham-happy-for-lee-sinnott-to-splash-telly-cash

Aaron Flanagan
November 13, 2012

Altrincham are prepared to back manager Lee Sinnott with cash earned from the TV coverage of their FA Cup replay with Burton Albion.

The game at Moss Lane was moved to Thursday so that ESPN could screen the match, meaning the Robins will reap a substantial £31,900 pay-day.

This season’s FA Cup run has seen Alty net almost £70,000 in prize-money and gate receipts.

Club chairman Grahame Rowley is happy to invest some of that money back into Sinnott's team when the time is right.

“I was talking to Lee over the weekend and money will be made available if he wants it,” said Rowley. “But, if we look at the current squad, we don't need to bring in people for the sake of it.

“It really has galvanised the club. None of the cup money was budgeted for. When it is all done with, we will sit down and talk about it. We have plenty of plans.”

A gate of around 2,000 is expected for the replay – almost three times that of an average league match at Moss Lane.

Sinnott is prepared to be patient with the money that is now available to him as he does not believe that the small size of his squad is a major issue.

He said: “The squad is only small, just 18 players, but we won’t go and buy people willy nilly. If we need to I will go to the board and put my ideas to them.”

Shaun Densmore will miss the replay on Thursday as he will be serving the second match of his suspension, following a red card at Solihull Moors.

Carl Rodgers is also a slight doubt after pulling up with a tight hamstring at the weekend.

Alty have been handed another lucrative cup tie in the first round of the FA Trophy.

The Robins have been drawn away to FC Halifax. The Yorkshire outfit average over 1,000 at the Shay and are above Alty in the Blue Square North table.

STOCKPORT COUNTY have been drawn at home to Ossett Town, who are three levels below in the Evo-Stik North and have already come through four rounds to get this far.

MACCLESFIELD have a long trip to Blue Square Premier rivals Gateshead while HYDE host fellow strugglers Barrow. All ties will be played on Saturday 24 November.

Good job, I'd be disappointed if we were to start buying players, especially at the level we are currently at

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »

Haven't heard the phrase 'willy nilly' for a long time.
Good to see it again.

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »

I think with the cup money we should improve the squad I haven't always been sinnotts bIggest fan but he has earned the chance to improve the squad if the squad remains the same despite playing some good football it will fall short of our goal of playoffs resulting in promotion
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team