PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two Questions
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 5080 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »

I'd also write to all season ticket holders, thanking them for their support and put 5 free tickets in for them to bring family and friends.

What a fantastic idea Ecky!!   :D :D ::) ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »

Ok. so we all know this would be a grate idea. How do we (as supporters) go about doing something to make it all happen??? What would this come under Alty FC or STAR or both???

The aldershot game is only a month away. If this idea is going to go ahead please PM me id be glad to help out (and use my uni qualifications for something)

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 07:50:11 PM »

we can't take decent corners at Moss Lane 'cos there's not enought space in front of the adverts for more than a couple of paces. So we don't get the practice in etc.

Anyway that's my theory.

I'd also BAN short corners, the ball mustn't bounce before going over the penalty box line.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »

Casper
I'd imagine it would have to be put to the club first for approval...then fine tuned...then announced (which is where the fans will no doubt help with publicity by e-mailing it around the world as was done with the England/Weymouth match).
Personally think it would be better to do at a half decent friendly match so we keep the new fans for just a few weeks into the new season rather than lose them over the summer?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 06:35:41 PM »

Can I just say I like the lofted floaty corners we do. Namely because us having a corner is normally the precursor to the other team pegging up the pitch and scoring against us. At least with it being in the air for a touch longer it feels like we're attacking more. It may also be because Lewis Chalmers can't actually jump WITHOUT staying in the air for about a minute so - seriously has anyone ever seen him jump and then land, he jumps and stays there for ages so it may all be a question of timing or something.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two Questions