PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Guiseley - MATCH DAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alty v Guiseley - MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 7383 times)

Jimmy

Re: Alty v Guiseley - MATCH DAY THREAD
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »

From what I'm led to believe the budget is competetive I personally think the team would make playoffs if they had a better manager

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:49 PM »

The day we are not a big club in this league, on or off the pitch, is the day we should lock the gates and call it a day. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Ludicrous!
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:32 AM »

The management team can't really complain about the budget because they knew what it was from the start. My point is that all the blame can't be put at the manager's door. We have to realise that we are no longer a big club on the pitch in this league anymore.

Let's be fair for a second, the management have not complained about the budget.

As for us not being a big club in this league, that's simply bollocks.  We're tiny in the Conference but in this league we have all the ingredients to be a big club barring a sugar daddy.

700 home fans, steady 100 away fans, ageing but decent ground, hard working pool of volunteers, internet radio, quality website, fans around the country and world, 37 junior teams, successful youth team sending players through.

I've just realised you said on the pitch but typing the above made me feel a bit better.

Jimmy

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:33 AM »

Paul are budget probably is half decent just an excuse for Sinnott sympathfisers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:26:28 AM by Jimmy »

markecky

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 12:09:48 AM »

This is going to get like the 2 year plan that was never said.

One person has said on here the budget isn't good enough to compete.  The manager hasn't.

Everyone has opinions on him but lets not beat him for things he hasn't said.

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »

Ecky I never said he complained about the budget what I wrote mate was that some fans are giving him the excuse

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:58 AM »

Tonight was the game I expected we might lose agaist a well funded team. Workington and Solihull are different and probably the cause of dissent on here I'd say.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 12:15:52 AM »

For the record, I'm not a Sinnott sympathiser. In fact I was underwhelmed when he was appointed and not been completely convinced by him. 

markecky

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »

Ecky I never said he complained about the budget what I wrote mate was that some fans are giving him the excuse

Fair enough Jim.

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »

For the record, I'm not a Sinnott sympathiser. In fact I was underwhelmed when he was appointed and not been completely convinced by him. 
[/quote

I apologise for that mate however I don't imagine the budget to be that bad

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 12:38:23 AM »

Deservedly beaten by a superior team, whose quality and accuracy of passing put ours to shame.

Their No. 7, Brooksby, looked a very accomplished player.

To be honest, I thought that we were poor and lacked ambition.

Lawrie woeful; Moult strangely subdued; Reeves anonymous and Watmore was played totally out of position for much of the game.

They brought on their potential match-winning substitutes, Walshaw and Wilson; meanwhile, we scraped the barrel and threw on Mitchley and Brooke.

That says it all.

Now down to 12th position and our season is potentially hanging in the balance over the next fortnight.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »

You are right in the point about a season defining fortnight, thats why the manager should be on the phone tomorrow.Three more defeats on the trot and things will look pretty grim.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »

Deservedly beaten by a superior team, whose quality and accuracy of passing put ours to shame.

Their No. 7, Brooksby, looked a very accomplished player.

To be honest, I thought that we were poor and lacked ambition.

Lawrie woeful; Moult strangely subdued; Reeves anonymous and Watmore was played totally out of position for much of the game.

They brought on their potential match-winning substitutes, Walshaw and Wilson; meanwhile, we scraped the barrel and threw on Mitchley and Brooke.

That says it all.

Now down to 12th position and our season is potentially hanging in the balance over the next fortnight.

I don't think I can sum it up any better than this, other than to say we were outplayed from kick-off.

If my Mother had been in goal for them tonight, then I am confident we could have made a draw..........I don't reckon she would have saved the two other shots we had on target tonight.

Losing to this club (bankrolled) is no disgrace at all, but we must beat the likes of Solihull and Vauxhall etc if we are to progress. That is the issue
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:21:03 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 06:27:51 AM »

Our trouble is we cannot pass the ball and keep it.We need to invest in a tube of super glue and put it on the players boots.We have had this trouble for about 4 or 5 years now we just give the ball away to cheaply
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Guiseley - MATCH DAY THREAD