https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 7892 times)

Jimmy

Why?
« on: October 28, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »

With the squad being so small why is there room for both mitchley and Brooke no need for both

markecky

Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »

Thought Mitchley did well when he came on today, looked strong and brought something different.

IMO Brooke is not good enough.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »

Agree with you ecky Brooke not good enough think Mich has potential , need s more games to prove himself

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:24 AM »

If this is the case, there is absolutely no room in this squad for passengers and Brooke should be replaced as soon as possible.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:06:52 AM »

It's in the case of in an ideal world get rid of both replace with a better forward and another defender or midfielder

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:18 AM »

We've got Mitchey and Brooke in case Reeves leaves.

Mitchley might well do a job
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »

Mitchley for reeves who will athletico Madrid replace falcao with when he leaves heskey

ForeverAlty

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »

I thought Mitchelly looked rather sluggish and seemed to loose out on the ball to often.

Brooke never does anything when he is on the ball, he needs a personal lesson with Larwie and Clee because it seems when they get the ball they make something out of nothing.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »

Brooke and mitchley were brought in because the manager panicked in the summer when he thought reeves was leaving

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »

Brooke and mitchley were brought in because the manager panicked in the summer when he thought reeves was leaving

Who do you think he should have brought in? It looked for all the world as if Reeves was leaving. And McGivern f**ked off too. So he needed a couple of forwards. Young lads with a bit of experience at higher levels seemed reasonable enough acquisitions to most people...

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 12:56:57 PM »

Mitchley is tarred with coming in on the same day as Brooke, people see them as a double act. 

Mitchley needs match fitness for sure but he can't get that unless he gets a run.

I believe when his chance comes he will be a good signing for us.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 01:02:25 PM »

Who do you think he should have brought in? It looked for all the world as if Reeves was leaving. And McGivern f**ked off too. So he needed a couple of forwards. Young lads with a bit of experience at higher levels seemed reasonable enough acquisitions to most people...
[/quote

They were brought very early lee in my opinion was hasty and there track records were hardly impressive

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »

As others have said, at the time they were recruited, it was a racing certainty that Damian Reeves was on his way........in fact he had left us. They both seemed reasonable signings at the time given the clubs budget. Of course I would have much preferred we signed Barnes-Homer  ::)

I have only seen both players for a limited amount of time and Mitchley looks keen to impress and I think needs match time. I am sure we will see some ins and outs at the club over Christmas once the FA income is known and we know how the Trophy is going
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

fuertes

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »

But Jimmy, in previous years everyone has absolutely hammered the manager for leaving his signings too late, thus starting the season underprepared.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's not even Christmas in these players' first season. I think we owe them a bit longer...

RocketDan

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »

I must say I am disappointed with the progress of Ryan Brooke.

speaking to a few Oldham fans over the summer, they were surprised he dropped so far down the pyramid and thought he could do a job in the football league.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why?