Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!  (Read 9712 times)

Jezza

because every time we win 4-2 or 5-3 after being 4 up and folk like me mention that conceding late goals will cost us and we get told not to be silly.......this is out there waiting to stop us reaching the play offs.......it is inexcuseable and has been happening week after week since harrogate away first game last season.

I can't wait to hear how we did nothing wrong...midfield players doing bizarre things....the home team was always going to go for it....we are not good enough etc etc etc.

I said with 6 games to go last season that we would be saying this xmas that we will miss out on the play offs because lee cannot get the players to concentrate for 90 mins...we go to sleep just before or after half time and full time....

If lee is still here at the end of the season we will have missed out on the play offs again with a team that was more than capable of competing for the title.

Onwards to Burton where we will win!

Robin Reliant

Re: This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »

because every time we win 4-2 or 5-3 after being 4 up and folk like me mention that conceding late goals will cost us and we get told not to be silly.......this is out there waiting to stop us reaching the play offs.......it is inexcuseable and has been happening week after week since harrogate away first game last season.

I can't wait to hear how we did nothing wrong...midfield players doing bizarre things....the home team was always going to go for it....we are not good enough etc etc etc.

I said with 6 games to go last season that we would be saying this xmas that we will miss out on the play offs because lee cannot get the players to concentrate for 90 mins...we go to sleep just before or after half time and full time....

If lee is still here at the end of the season we will have missed out on the play offs again with a team that was more than capable of competing for the title.

Onwards to Burton where we will win!

This

arnald

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »

yeah we need to score 4 at burton

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:23:49 PM »

I agree with jezza here. That was a disgraceful surrender of three points. I have seen this football team f**k up plenty of times over the years but that was right up there with the worst. Shameful.

No doubt Lee Sinnott will be very measured and reasonable about it all in the dressing room and in the press. What we need is a manager who will make it forcibly clear to the players that spineless collapses like that will not be tolerated.

I'm afraid this reminds me of how I felt after Oxford away: this is a talented team but they don't have the hard streak that characterises winners. That's something that comes from the manager, or should do. But I just don't believe Lee Sinnott will ever bring us success.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »

Before tuesday we had gone nine games unbeaten. A couple of injuries and we are knackered and today seems quite literally, when everyone is fit we have a good team, just a case of squad not got strength in depth .

VofD

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »

I agree with jezza here. That was a disgraceful surrender of three points. I have seen this football team f**k up plenty of times over the years but that was right up there with the worst. Shameful.

No doubt Lee Sinnott will be very measured and reasonable about it all in the dressing room and in the press. What we need is a manager who will make it forcibly clear to the players that spineless collapses like that will not be tolerated.

I'm afraid this reminds me of how I felt after Oxford away: this is a talented team but they don't have the hard streak that characterises winners. That's something that comes from the manager, or should do. But I just don't believe Lee Sinnott will ever bring us success.

Totally agree. >:(

Bath Alty

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »

I've only made two games this season - this and Oxford.  I feel completely different after the two games.  Oxford we played well missed a hatful of chances and through the points away by not concentrating.

Today Al Murray the pub ref was a disgrace.  The reason we couldn't hold on to the ball in the second half was that they were allowed to push, pull shirts and generally barge us off the ball at will.  Richman was booked for going for a header and having the nerve to land on a player who had jumped into his legs.  I have never been so cross with a ref as I was today.  The odd poor decision rarely costs you the game, consistent failure to spot persistent fouling can and does cost you.

Their first goal was a rsult of at least two players climbing all over us in the box - OK our guys could be stronger but that doesn't make it legal.  Booking Shaun for talking to the lineman at the end was a disgrace - Shaun is captain and entitled to talk to the officials from a respectful distance, which he was.  The ref had his hand in his pocket walking over before he could have heard what Shaun was saying.  Admitedly waving your finger at the ref is asking for trouble at that point but I can understand his fustration.

Not even talking to their defender when holding Simon Richman on the floor by his head .... I could go on all night
#

On the plus side Lawrie ran all over the pitch and played really well.  Scott looked surprisingly solid at the back, I was really impressed and the double save by Stu was again world class.  

Bemoan our lack of concentration when necessary (Oxford) but there was only one reason we lost that today and he wasn't in a blue shirt.
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »

Staggered to have lost that. Without working thier keeper too much we had enough half chances to put the game to bed at 1-0. They deserved nothing from the game.

We lost shape in 2nd half with Watmore on LW. May have been better putting Lawrie there.

I wont mention the ref as it will seem like sour grapes.

Quick note for the keeper, we may well 'bell ends' but you have to come to ML yet
Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »

I've only made two games this season - this and Oxford.  I feel completely different after the two games.  Oxford we played well missed a hatful of chances and through the points away by not concentrating.

Today Al Murray the pub ref was a disgrace.  The reason we couldn't hold on to the ball in the second half was that they were allowed to push, pull shirts and generally barge us off the ball at will.  Richman was booked for going for a header and having the nerve to land on a player who had jumped into his legs.  I have never been so cross with a ref as I was today.  The odd poor decision rarely costs you the game, consistent failure to spot persistent fouling can and does cost you.

Their first goal was a rsult of at least two players climbing all over us in the box - OK our guys could be stronger but that doesn't make it legal.  Booking Shaun for talking to the lineman at the end was a disgrace - Shaun is captain and entitled to talk to the officials from a respectful distance, which he was.  The ref had his hand in his pocket walking over before he could have heard what Shaun was saying.  Admitedly waving your finger at the ref is asking for trouble at that point but I can understand his fustration.

Not even talking to their defender when holding Simon Richman on the floor by his head .... I could go on all night
#

On the plus side Lawrie ran all over the pitch and played really well.  Scott looked surprisingly solid at the back, I was really impressed and the double save by Stu was again world class.  

Bemoan our lack of concentration when necessary (Oxford) but there was only one reason we lost that today and he wasn't in a blue shirt.
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. The ref was fine. The reason we lost the game was because we lack the character to see things out.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »

Staggered to have lost that. Without working thier keeper too much we had enough half chances to put the game to bed at 1-0. They deserved nothing from the game.

We lost shape in 2nd half with Watmore on LW. May have been better putting Lawrie there.

I wont mention the ref as it will seem like sour grapes.

Quick note for the keeper, we may well 'bell ends' but you have to come to ML yet

Very good point about watmore. Baffling that Sinnott put him out there instead of Lawrie.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »

my second match too - Oxford being the other.

I can't beleive we lost - we did dominate the second half totally but could not kill off the match.  Solihull were very "robust" but the referee was appalling.  We got intimidated, I think - and Watmore today looked a bit like a luxury we couldn't afford.  Taking him off was the right thing to.

Densmore saw red - which is not captains behaviour for a thin squad - his suspension will cost us dear.

Saw some good touches from Midgely wwhen he came on, but he too ended up flattened a number of times.

We had enough chances to win it, but the fates conspired against s.  Even so, we should not have lost and weshould have finsihed with 11 men

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »

We lost this game because we didn't put away chances that should have had us three goals ahead by the 85th. minute.

Yes, we had a referee who changes hands at 25.....

Yes, we failed to defend two late set pieces adequately....

Yes, we were unable to cope with the crudest team I've seen since Vauxhall came to Moss Lane last season.

But goals win games - and we should have had enough of a cushion to be safe, as we were at Gainsborough and Corby.

JDN

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

Sorry folks but to be fair that second half was abysmal

As for Lawrie, I disagree, he was poor as he has been for a few games now. Fancy Dan playing for himself and not the team

And if someone try to tell me Solihull a tough place to go I will scream

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »

I don't understand why the manager took our best players off. Fair enough if Clee went off injured, but i don't think Reeves and Watmore were injured.

Perhaps Lee thought the game was dead and buried at 1-0 and wanted to rest our two main goal threats. Maybe if we were 3-0 up he might have a point, but taking off the top goalscorer in the country with only a very tight 1-0 lead seems a bit daft.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »

Just checking Jezza's list of things we are allowed to say before posting.

In control for 88 mins and then when they equalised you knew that was winner was coming.

I'll let everyone else rip it to shreds as they do it far better than me.

If we had taken our chances we would have won the game.  That keeper was decent again but we were wasteful.

Thought Leather did well standing in for the Hall if I'm allowed a positive.

We should beat Soihull Moors home and away.  Apart from a couple of decent lads on each wing they were poor.

Totally gutted.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!