Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!  (Read 9719 times)

Jezza

Re: This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 03:28:25 AM »

Just checking Jezza's list of things we are allowed to say before posting.

excuse me I am not the forum police!!!!!  ;D ;D

Having had time to calm down and try and find a positive it is purely that Lee possibly has prioritised the cup and are lullling burton into a false sense of security and I remain optimistic we will beat burton on our way to old trafford.

I want Lee to succeed as I do every manager and thought we'd made giant strides....yes the squad is thin, Densmore is stupid, ref awful (I can believe that one) so lots of mitigation.....so hope this is a mind on the cup blip but as I said...onwards to burton where we will win!!!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »

I also fail to see what the ref ad to do with our defeat.

We bottled it again, we have no confidence to close out a game, the sort of mettle we may need at Burton
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »

I also fail to see what the ref ad to do with our defeat.

We bottled it again, we have no confidence to close out a game, the sort of mettle we may need at Burton
The referee's  total failure to deal with Solihull's repeated foul challenges led to a number of players becoming frustrated. Richman in particular must be a mass of bruises this morning, and certainly the ref was the cause of Densmore finally losing it.

It doesn't make it right - but it was certainly a factor. But as I've already said, we lost because we failed to score from a number of decent openings.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »

I'm not normally one to moan about referees as a. It is a hard job and b. they are at BSBN level, so obviously not the best and will make mistakes. However, yesterday's was just dreadful. He wasn't biased against us, just simply bad. There were 3 or 4 occasions where he blew for a foul when there was a clear advantage, and the game never flowed. Particularly in the 2nd half, he kept blowing for 50/50s, and at least 2 clear fouls that were not given.

As I said after the game on here, it was our own fault we lost.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Altyant

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

No doubt Lee Sinnott will be very measured and reasonable about it all in the dressing room and in the press. What we need is a manager who will make it forcibly clear to the players that spineless collapses like that will not be tolerated..

Have you ever been in one of Lee's teamtalks? How do you know that he doesnt give players rollickings when required?

Altyant

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »

I don't understand why the manager took our best players off. Fair enough if Clee went off injured, but i don't think Reeves and Watmore were injured.

Perhaps Lee thought the game was dead and buried at 1-0 and wanted to rest our two main goal threats. Maybe if we were 3-0 up he might have a point, but taking off the top goalscorer in the country with only a very tight 1-0 lead seems a bit daft.

Watmore went off injured, but all being well will be fit to play some part on Tuesday

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:42 PM »

No doubt Lee Sinnott will be very measured and reasonable about it all in the dressing room and in the press. What we need is a manager who will make it forcibly clear to the players that spineless collapses like that will not be tolerated..

Have you ever been in one of Lee's teamtalks? How do you know that he doesnt give players rollickings when required?

Because he always says in the press how calm he was in the dressing room afterwards.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »

Because he always says in the press how calm he was in the dressing room afterwards.
So how often do we think shouting and balling works, possible the first and second time, after players are used to it, it will be water off a ducks back.  Far better to treat the players as professionals and point out observations
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »

So how often do we think shouting and balling works, possible the first and second time, after players are used to it, it will be water off a ducks back.  Far better to treat the players as professionals and point out observations

It's a fair point but the flipside is that if you're calm and reasonable in every single situation, that too may become less effective as time goes on.

As a rule, I'm not in favour of rant and rave-style managers but I think a bit of that can be an important part of the mix in a successful one. My reading of the present management team (and it goes without saying that this is no more genuinely informed than 99% of the posts on here) is that when we have a mad five minutes (Oxford away, Saturday), they're so level-headed and understanding about it that the players almost come to think it's ok. What's needed is for the players to be told in no uncertain terms that lapses like that are not acceptable and must not happen again.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »

I'm sure Sinnott knows just a *little* bit more about management than the few keyboard warriors on here  ::)

markecky

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »

Can see both sides but just for the record I know that the players were locked in the dressing room for over an hour after a home game this season. 

Judging by his face on Saturday I doubt it was all calm by any means.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »

I'm sure Sinnott knows just a *little* bit more about management than the few keyboard warriors on here  ::)

What exactly is it that you think a fans' forum is for?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is why when we win 4-2 folk highlight the two goals conceded!