News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is what the cup is all about.....

Author Topic: This is what the cup is all about.....  (Read 2115 times)

bumble

« on: October 25, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

http://vimeo.com/52069904

Yate get a dodgy penalty
Newport have a player sent off after a dodgy block from ref breaks up newport attack
And a nice bit of skill for the third

Bring on burton....

Jezza

Re: This is what the cup is all about.....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »

What an embarassing display of incompetence by the officials......the ref and liner miss the yate player's push and the liner  misread the slightest touch from the newport keeper and the yate player's simulation.......

.....and then the most annoying sound of an outraged whsitle being blownAS SOON AS THE GOAL IS SCORED!  to try and stop the yate players celebrating what the cup is all about.....a whistle that says to me" OY!!! I'm supposed to be the centre of attention!!!"

I think incidents like this should be reviewed and the officials should personally compensate newport for the loss of the win bonus out of their own self important pockets!!!...and that's for the self important whistle blowing from a guy who clearly couldn't stand a team celebrating what was for them a huge moment ffs....I've said before officials will make mistakes, it's the self righteous persona that gets to me....these people will aspire to be security guards just to ask people for their passes....in the hope they can refuse entry to the premises..

Name on the cup I'd say though and that incident must have reminded others of the famous Joe Neenan......

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:19:40 PM »

I'd forgotten the Joe Neenan incident. 

Stood on the Golf Road that night was absolutely amazing.  One of the great Moss Lane nights.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »

What an embarassing display of incompetence by the officials......the ref and liner miss the yate player's push and the liner  misread the slightest touch from the newport keeper and the yate player's simulation.......

.....and then the most annoying sound of an outraged whsitle being blownAS SOON AS THE GOAL IS SCORED!  to try and stop the yate players celebrating what the cup is all about.....a whistle that says to me" OY!!! I'm supposed to be the centre of attention!!!"

I think incidents like this should be reviewed and the officials should personally compensate newport for the loss of the win bonus out of their own self important pockets!!!...and that's for the self important whistle blowing from a guy who clearly couldn't stand a team celebrating what was for them a huge moment ffs....I've said before officials will make mistakes, it's the self righteous persona that gets to me....these people will aspire to be security guards just to ask people for their passes....in the hope they can refuse entry to the premises..

Name on the cup I'd say though and that incident must have reminded others of the famous Joe Neenan......

Oh Mark, do stop being a twit.

To which push do you refer please?

Law 12 states "push or attempt to push" and the Goalkeeper definitely pushed him. Even if there was a push by a Yate player, two wrongs do not make a right and, having clearly pushed the opponent the Goalkeeper may well have seen a card of a different colour.

Watch the follow up to the second goal and you will see a spectator enter the Filed of Play. Hence the Referee attempting to truncate the post match celebrations in the interests of preventing trouble (Yate were after all away) rather than, as you would have it, spoiling the fun.

Once these anti official rants were almost amusing (as a good proportion of your posts are, I must admit) However they have now become puerile and tiresome.

One question, had Alty been on the Yate end of decisions such as this would you be quite so damning? No, thought not!!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »

I'd forgotten the Joe Neenan incident. 

Stood on the Golf Road that night was absolutely amazing.  One of the great Moss Lane nights.

I went to BTH the same time as Joe. He was a Junior at Man U and I think got as far as the reserves. He was called up to the Republic of Ireland squad while at York but never played for Ireland as he was behind Seamus McDonagh and a young Pat Bonner in the pecking order. That incident when he kneeded Johnny King for no apparent reason ;) effectively ruined his career as several top clubs were monitoring him at the time including Chelsea.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »

I cannot understand why ATS refuses to get behind my respect for referees campaign....but if it's going to succeed we must weed out the officials who refuse to show humility or common sense.

And yes if alty win 3-1 at burton thanks to incompetent officials and some self important hitler of a prick starts blowing his whistle in an annoying fashion just because socrates cuddles damian reeves on the pitch I'll be just as livid!

What push you ask....are you serious? see the yate player on the deck...see him get up....see him the yate player push the newport player....that is why the newport keeper stupidly pushed him back.

But lets look at the common sense of this and remember in a moments cotemplation the times we have been quoted rule 173a subsection b of simulation (legal precedent when colin little got sent off v runcorn).........did the ref think the yate player had had his neck broken by the gentlest of nudges? any normal person would look at his antics and naturally deduce he was over playing his true injuries...

it's like the marcus hallows leg breaking incident.....I can understand the ref not seeing the actual challenge as we were already preparing to take the throw in when the neanderthal collided with poor marcus.........but as the ref stood there watching the physio manipulate the leg so the blood could flow....and as the ambulance was being called......how on earth did the guy not come to the conclusion that the only thing that could have possible caused such a horrific  injury was a late challenge.

So get thee behind me and lets weed out those who show no common sense, no humility and no true understanding....call with me for video evidence to suport refs by pointing out what hasn't gone into the notebooks rather than blindly agreeing with whatever the ref sees or doesn't see!!!.....as  not do so does the refs no help at all and makes the whole thing look like a refs cover up!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

I cannot understand why ATS refuses to get behind my respect for referees campaign....but if it's going to succeed we must weed out the officials who refuse to show humility or common sense.

And yes if alty win 3-1 at burton thanks to incompetent officials and some self important hitler of a prick starts blowing his whistle in an annoying fashion just because socrates cuddles damian reeves on the pitch I'll be just as livid!

What push you ask....are you serious? see the yate player on the deck...see him get up....see him the yate player push the newport player....that is why the newport keeper stupidly pushed him back.

But lets look at the common sense of this and remember in a moments cotemplation the times we have been quoted rule 173a subsection b of simulation (legal precedent when colin little got sent off v runcorn).........did the ref think the yate player had had his neck broken by the gentlest of nudges? any normal person would look at his antics and naturally deduce he was over playing his true injuries...

it's like the marcus hallows leg breaking incident.....I can understand the ref not seeing the actual challenge as we were already preparing to take the throw in when the neanderthal collided with poor marcus.........but as the ref stood there watching the physio manipulate the leg so the blood could flow....and as the ambulance was being called......how on earth did the guy not come to the conclusion that the only thing that could have possible caused such a horrific  injury was a late challenge.

So get thee behind me and lets weed out those who show no common sense, no humility and no true understanding....call with me for video evidence to suport refs by pointing out what hasn't gone into the notebooks rather than blindly agreeing with whatever the ref sees or doesn't see!!!.....as  not do so does the refs no help at all and makes the whole thing look like a refs cover up!!!
DON'T EVEN START ME ON THE HALF-WITTED PARTIALLY- SIGHTED BRAIN-DEAD TOTALLY INCOMPETENT COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE WHO I'VE JUST WATCHED TOTALLY RUIN MY AFTERNOON AT SOLIHULL ! ! ! ! !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team