PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tonights match thread  (Read 9460 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Tonights match thread
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »

Very poor night last night... very lack luster performance. When I saw the team I knew we were going to be in for a tough game.

Although, the important thing is how we deal with this. It was unlikley we were going to go to carry on this run for the rest of the season.

The lads have done extremely well over the last 8 weeks

Lets start the next unbeaten streak on saturday.
Precisely. We can't expect to get a result every time, and the best sides occasionally struggle. Bounce back at Solihull, and away we go. Glass still three quarters full !

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 11:58:43 AM »

It's amazing how a few injuries can affect the team so much, as soon as I saw who was on the pitch I guessed we would be in for a rough ride. Whether Buzz would have coped with that winger any better is open to debate though, he was an incredible player for this level.
Very similar performance to the one at Vauxhall's a few weeks ago, plenty of effort, but no cutting edge ( until DW came on!).

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »

It only took a few minutes to see how 'up for it' Workington were. They never gave us a second on the ball and weren't afraid to shoot. We played some good football at times but seemed to want to walk the ball in again. Some individual mistakes cost us in the end - but that's football.
Thought the whole evening was a bit flat to be honest and the attendance surprised me a bit (on the low side). But onwards and upwards to Solihull and Burton (and our away tie at Bramall Lane)
Special mention to the ref.......lost a game at home, but did not notice him.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

roytonmike

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 07:13:42 PM »

It only took a few minutes to see how 'up for it' Workington were. They never gave us a second on the ball and weren't afraid to shoot. We played some good football at times but seemed to want to walk the ball in again. Some individual mistakes cost us in the end - but that's football.
Thought the whole evening was a bit flat to be honest and the attendance surprised me a bit (on the low side). But onwards and upwards to Solihull and Burton (and our away tie at Bramall Lane)
Special mention to the ref.......lost a game at home, but did not notice him.
Agree with the comments on Workington, who fully deserved to win, & the ref, who was sound. As for our own performance - 'pass the ball' is fine in the opposition half, but carries a lot of risk in our own. We aren't Arsenal, nor can we ever be - the players are by definition not technically able enough. We need to get the ball into enemy territory as quickly and safely as possible and take it from there, and to be prepared to risk a shot or two from 20-25 yards. I fancy we will always find it easier to play away than at home.
As to the attendance - with United at home and on the box walk-ups were always going to be at a premium.

Jimmy

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Yes mike with 2 very good wingers you maybe right about us winning more away counter attacks bit like terry and sharrat era

JDN

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »

Think the team has got a little ahead of itself

They were not up for Workington because they thought they only needed to turn up to win

We are not that good, hence why we got well beat

Also think the last couple of games we have over elaborated a bit, just play the easy ball, how many dummies did we try to do last night and end up losing the ball?

Still unsure why Watmore didn't start? He was our best player but only played the last 30 minutes

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »

I think that it is always a safer bet to, if possible, rest a player with a knock for one game than to play him from the start and risk him aggravating the knock and missing five or six hence perhaps Duncan not starting but seeming okay when he came on

temp alty

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »

We are not that good, hence why we got well beat

First defeat since the Chester game.  Scored 21 goals and gained 14 points out of a possible 21 in the process.  We have risen from 19th in the table to 7th, just outside the playoff's.  We have made a bucket load from the Cup this season, now isnt the time to be negative.

Lets get behind the lads heh

markecky

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

In my opinion we made some silly errors last night and were punished by a fast well organised Workington side.  

They played some great stuff and looked sharp and well up for it.  They never let us get into our stride.  I think they a good night and we had a poor one.

On their forum they feel that was coming after how well they did against Mansfield. With that number 11 added in they were a good side.  No doubt I'll be told they are sh*t or something but I think they will beat a few if they can keep that going.

We need three points from Saturday now to keep up there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:51:51 PM by markecky »

whopper

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »

Hmm so do people think we would of got something from the game if we had a full strength team or not?

Jimmy

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 10:17:29 PM »

We've had a very good run so I don't want to over criticise but apart from the number 11 who was a class act they were an avarage team they certainly won't finish in the top half

Jimmy

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »

Hmm so do people think we would of got something from the game if we had a full strength team or not?

Yes

taxi Phil

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »

We've had a very good run so I don't want to over criticise but apart from the number 11 who was a class act they were an avarage team they certainly won't finish in the top half
If they capitalise on that winger for the three months of his loan, they could well manage a top half finish. They were a good unit last night and I don't thimk it was a one-off.

Jimmy

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Phil I will have a friendly bet with you just a pint that Workington don't finish top half

taxi Phil

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 11:43:30 PM »

Phil I will have a friendly bet with you just a pint that Workington don't finish top half
Go on then Jimmy, I'm game for a laugh !
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:46:07 PM by taxi Phil »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread