PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Tonights match thread  (Read 9462 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights match thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »

if it wasnt for englands number one we would have got hammered , all there decent football was twarted by him even though they deserve a couple of goals for there efforts , its quite ironic that there goals came from individual mistakes leathers shocking clearence and densmore being out of position leaving hav/hall couldnt tell which to do a shocking last ditch tackle resulting in the penalty
FFS

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 12:18:59 AM »

Anyone know which game Danny Hall will miss with his suspension? Congleton Town would be ideal...

I think its 13 days but I also think that Congleton ridiculously doesn't count,

I think that there may just be a crumb of good news here, as I was informed during the post-match analysis by none other an authority than Brian Flynn that Danny Hall's one match suspension will comprise the Congleton Town fixture in the Cheshire Senior Cup.

As for last evening's fixture, Workington thoroughly deserved their victory and I'm afraid that our substandard performance simply underlined how threadbare our 'squad' is.

And what on earth is going on with the Moss Lane PA system?

I thought that it had been repaired and 'upgraded'?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 12:23:38 AM »

I dont doubt brians info on halls suspension.But in previous years, suspensions could not be spent in cheshire cup fixtures, or was that justy when we were a conference side?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »

Workington were excellent and we never got going at all.

Their 11 was the best player I have seen this season

He played against us for Morecambe back in July:

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/120717me.htm

Couldn't Lacey have warned us about him...?!

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »

I dont doubt brians info on halls suspension.But in previous years, suspensions could not be spent in cheshire cup fixtures, or was that justy when we were a conference side?

As I understand it, Brian raised this very issue with Derek Wilshaw and this is where he has gleaned the information regarding Hall's impending suspension.

Looks like different rules apply depending on whether you are in the BSB Premier or the BSB North.

Farcical....but there you have it!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »

Thank Godness for that

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 12:42:02 AM »

They were a very decent side.....so how on earth did Oxford City shove five past them only ten days ago ?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »

They were a very decent side.....so how on earth did Oxford City shove five past them only ten days ago ?

They were but if we hadn't had injuries or if we were as up for it as they were we wouldn't have. Lost

markecky

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:42 AM »

We made a lot of individual mistakes last night which we haven't done in previous games.

Whilst Rodgers may give the ball sometimes when he plays I think we really missed him marauding last night and breaking stuff up.  Richman tried to do a similar job (I thought he was one of two or three who were just OK last night) but he isn't as effective at it.

All in all a disappointing evening.

fuertes

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:32 AM »

"Six scouts watching Damian Reeves last night including Leicester.

Poster on one of our forums is based in Carlisle. He was listening to BBC Radio Cumbria's coverage of last nights match, it was mentioned there.

It's no great surprise. We had eyes on Vardy before his time at Fleetwood."

From a Leicester fan.

And he scored. Again. Eek.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:28 AM »

Did score quiet apart from that

markecky

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »

"Six scouts watching Damian Reeves last night including Leicester.

Poster on one of our forums is based in Carlisle. He was listening to BBC Radio Cumbria's coverage of last nights match, it was mentioned there.

It's no great surprise. We had eyes on Vardy before his time at Fleetwood."

From a Leicester fan.

And he scored. Again. Eek.

I'd expect every club in the country to watch him, they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't.

Big difference between that and taking a gamble on him.

RocketDan

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »

Reeves was very quiet last night, some decent runs off the ball but for the majority of the game he was either let down by the service or out muscled as out paced by Workingtons centre backs?

The goal was pretty much a tap in from a deflected shot, quick reactions but one of
The easiest goals he will ever score

RocketDan

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »

Whilst Rodgers may give the ball sometimes when he plays I think we really missed him marauding last night and breaking stuff up.  Richman tried to do a similar job (I thought he was one of two or three who were just OK last night) but he isn't as effective at it.

Good point about Rogers. He's not a brilliant passer of the ball but his work rate is excellent and he certainly breaks up play and gives us a bit of strength in midfield. Unfortunately Lacey looked a little out of his depth in the ball winning midfielder role last night, which meant not only were we struggling to get a touch of the ball first half but that Jake Moult was having to drop deeper to cover the midfield, which in turn made him result to pumping the ball a lot more than he normally does.

I don't know how much of a knock Duncan was carrying but he looked fine when he came on. Thought Sinnott would have started Richman in centre mid and Duncan wide right.

bumble

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »

Very poor night last night... very lack luster performance. When I saw the team I knew we were going to be in for a tough game.

Although, the important thing is how we deal with this. It was unlikley we were going to go to carry on this run for the rest of the season.

The lads have done extremely well over the last 8 weeks

Lets start the next unbeaten streak on saturday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread