PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham Progression
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Altrincham Progression  (Read 4699 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham Progression
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 11:57:33 PM »

I'm enjoying watching Alty at the moment.  The jitters and howlers have gone from the defence (of course there will be mistakes, this is the Conference North) and we look a solid unit.

Coburn as good as ever, a bit of steel and guile in midfield and the front four are as good as I have seen for years.

Taking York Alty's point about the squad I think it was some of the quality we have on the pitch and to stay within budget we have to accept that we won't have the biggest squad.  That said I like Richman, Lacey and Mitchley and Leather hasn't done much wrong.  Also you can't have too big a squad without a reserve side as some players wouldn't get to play at all.

Watmore is the most exciting player I have seen in years and the fact he has come through the youth team and is on a 2 year deal is superb.

Reeves need to be enjoyed whilst he is here, who knows if he'll go or stay.  He is impossible to replace but we will at least be able to offer a good wage to someone to come in if he does go.  Can't even think about that now though.

There will be ups and downs yet but I think we are getting stronger.

Off the field, crowds are holding up pretty well and the amount of younger fans getting into it is a joy to see.  

I got a real buzz on Saturday when the coach drove past one of our junior teams playing at the Hare and Hounds in the red and white stripes.  Whilst appreciating the most important result is the first team on a Saturday, there is a lot of people putting in a lot of work to run 30+ junior sides all bearing the clubs name in the community.

We are lucky to be stewarded by a sensible board.

Definitely going in the right direction....

Wise words from the ABC coach driver stalker there.

The one nagging doubt for me concerns how we react to adversity in a game.

In our seven victories this season to date, we have scored the opening goal on each occasion.

Our three defeats so far have all transpired in matches when the first goal has been scored by the opposition.

So, to be even more convinced of our progess, I need to see us win a game after going 1-0 down.

If that particular outcome were to unfold at Boston on Saturday, I would be more than satisfied!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:00:06 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »

I'd much prefer a clean sheet (as the actress said to the bishop).

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:22 AM »

How did Mitchley aquit himself on Sat?

My first look at him and I thought he did really well.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 05:18:41 PM »

I'm enjoying watching Alty at the moment.  The jitters and howlers have gone from the defence (of course there will be mistakes, this is the Conference North) and we look a solid unit.

Coburn as good as ever, a bit of steel and guile in midfield and the front four are as good as I have seen for years.

Taking York Alty's point about the squad I think it was some of the quality we have on the pitch and to stay within budget we have to accept that we won't have the biggest squad.  That said I like Richman, Lacey and Mitchley and Leather hasn't done much wrong.  Also you can't have too big a squad without a reserve side as some players wouldn't get to play at all.

Watmore is the most exciting player I have seen in years and the fact he has come through the youth team and is on a 2 year deal is superb.

Reeves need to be enjoyed whilst he is here, who knows if he'll go or stay.  He is impossible to replace but we will at least be able to offer a good wage to someone to come in if he does go.  Can't even think about that now though.

Off the field, crowds are holding up pretty well and the amount of younger fans getting into it is a joy to see.  

I got a real buzz on Saturday when the coach drove past one of our junior teams playing at the Hare and Hounds in the red and white stripes.  Whilst appreciating the most important result is the first team on a Saturday, there is a lot of people putting in a lot of work to run 30+ junior sides all bearing the clubs name in the community.

In our seven victories this season to date, we have scored the opening goal on each occasion.

Our three defeats so far have all transpired in matches when the first goal has been scored by the opposition.

So, to be even more convinced of our progess, I need to see us win a game after going 1-0 down.

If that particular outcome were to unfold at Boston on Saturday, I would be more than satisfied!

And so it came to pass.

Lovely stuff!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »

It feels odd going into games fancying us to win

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »

And so it came to pass.

Lovely stuff!

God there's a few years of hurt at York Street buried today isn't there!

Lovely stuff.

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »

After all these years, it was actually my first visit to Boston today. And it was a deeply satisfying experience !

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 04:49:57 AM »

something else satisfying . We came from behind to win last season we would have gone on to get hammered.

the only way is up M People M obviously standing for MOss lane
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham Progression