PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham Progression
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Altrincham Progression  (Read 4698 times)

Jenga

Altrincham Progression
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:45:07 PM »

Just a thought really about how you all see the progression of Alty over this season and beyond.

Where do you think we will finish in the league, will Reevesy stay, will the management stay in place, what lies ahead for next season.

Alot of ifs and buts i know but from peoples views at the start of the season after Brackly and Chester, have your opinions changed, do you think the team works, do you think we need to strengthen?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham Progression
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »

Most positive I have felt about alty since we went up under bernard taylor, but that wasn't the case after losing to vauxhall and chester so things can change . We have a good side but all it may take to disrupt things woulld be an injury , suspension or two ,  think It would  have to be  exactly the right offer For reevesy to go after being messed aroundi in  the summer ,happy with lee.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »

my concern is in depth of squad.  The first 11 are going along very nicely thank you, but what happens if and we lose a certain chap, or Moult can't be signed  up. 

Great to have a cup run - that could make the off field picture better too.

Happy with Lee as are doing what I expected and I do expect promotion this season.

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »

I think things are looking very good the down side I fear is that moult and reeves may not be here much longer but if they stay every chance we go up

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »

Very pleased. The best thing for me is that we seem to be trying to develop a style of play - and bring in a type of player - that will work in the division above. For all we might have admired Joe O'Neill and Warren Peyton for their effort, they struggled. Whereas I actually believe Reeves, Clee, Lawrie and Watmore could cause Conference defences problems. And if Havern and Hall continue their improvement they'll iinspire the kind of confidence I had in Young and McGregor.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »

I think the football we are playing currently is top class. It's not just the goals of Reeves and the excitement of Watmore in full flow, it's the movement of the front players and our control of the ball from back to front. It's a very pleasing brand of football on the eye and one I think that going forward would serve us well in the Conference proper

I would echo others though in that we do have a small squad (our first XI at Corby picked itself on Saturday) and should a few key men leave/bad injuries then this could really set us back. I think my only other negative would be on this unbeaten run we've haven't yet played a real top outfit, I think Boston away on Saturday followed shortly after by Guiseley in the league will tell us where we really are. If we're in the hat for the Cup first round and still unbeaten in the league at the end of October then I think we'll be in for a very good year....

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »

To be fair Gainsborough will probably finish not far away from playoffs

JDN

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »

To be fair Gainsborough will probably finish not far away from playoffs
Not convinced by Gainsborough

We will get play off easy, but dodge start will prob cost us the title

However this all depends on luck with injuries and Reeves staying all season

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »

And moult I'd say jdn he must stay

JDN

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »

And moult I'd say jdn he must stay
agreed

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »

I'm enjoying watching Alty at the moment.  The jitters and howlers have gone from the defence (of course there will be mistakes, this is the Conference North) and we look a solid unit.

Coburn as good as ever, a bit of steel and guile in midfield and the front four are as good as I have seen for years.

Taking York Alty's point about the squad I think it was some of the quality we have on the pitch and to stay within budget we have to accept that we won't have the biggest squad.  That said I like Richman, Lacey and Mitchley and Leather hasn't done much wrong.  Also you can't have too big a squad without a reserve side as some players wouldn't get to play at all.

Watmore is the most exciting player I have seen in years and the fact he has come through the youth team and is on a 2 year deal is superb.

Reeves need to be enjoyed whilst he is here, who knows if he'll go or stay.  He is impossible to replace but we will at least be able to offer a good wage to someone to come in if he does go.  Can't even think about that now though.

There will be ups and downs yet but I think we are getting stronger.

Off the field, crowds are holding up pretty well and the amount of younger fans getting into it is a joy to see.  

I got a real buzz on Saturday when the coach drove past one of our junior teams playing at the Hare and Hounds in the red and white stripes.  Whilst appreciating the most important result is the first team on a Saturday, there is a lot of people putting in a lot of work to run 30+ junior sides all bearing the clubs name in the community.

We are lucky to be stewarded by a sensible board.

Definitely going in the right direction....

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »

How did Mitchley aquit himself on Sat?
Full time and proud of it

bumble

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »

Indeed.

The old Swingometre hasnt been out for a while....

Where would people put us at this point in time?

sweetfa

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »

I'm enjoying watching Alty at the moment.  The jitters and howlers have gone from the defence (of course there will be mistakes, this is the Conference North) and we look a solid unit.

Coburn as good as ever, a bit of steel and guile in midfield and the front four are as good as I have seen for years.

Taking York Alty's point about the squad I think it was some of the quality we have on the pitch and to stay within budget we have to accept that we won't have the biggest squad.  That said I like Richman, Lacey and Mitchley and Leather hasn't done much wrong.  Also you can't have too big a squad without a reserve side as some players wouldn't get to play at all.

Watmore is the most exciting player I have seen in years and the fact he has come through the youth team and is on a 2 year deal is superb.

Reeves need to be enjoyed whilst he is here, who knows if he'll go or stay.  He is impossible to replace but we will at least be able to offer a good wage to someone to come in if he does go.  Can't even think about that now though.

There will be ups and downs yet but I think we are getting stronger.

Off the field, crowds are holding up pretty well and the amount of younger fans getting into it is a joy to see.  

I got a real buzz on Saturday when the coach drove past one of our junior teams playing at the Hare and Hounds in the red and white stripes.  Whilst appreciating the most important result is the first team on a Saturday, there is a lot of people putting in a lot of work to run 30+ junior sides all bearing the clubs name in the community.

We are lucky to be stewarded by a sensible board.

Great post - agree with all this - and the quality and quantity of our fans at away games makes me especially proud

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »

How did Mitchley aquit himself on Sat?
Wasn't really on long enough to influence very much, and the game was over as a contest. But did nothing wrong, and I have hopes of him. Works hard, looks comfortable on the ball.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham Progression