PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 truro city
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: truro city  (Read 6276 times)

Sleepy the dwarf

Re: truro city
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »

If you love your football team it is unconditional, your team . your life.

If it dies then surely it is not too much different than the loss of a family member, heartbreaking and devastating. I feel very sorry for fans of all teams in this state, it is never of thier making.

The Maunders episode should never ever be forgotten.

Can you imagine what the Maunders situation would have been like with Facebook and the internet.

I'll never forget it, I thought we were gone.

I'll never forget Glossop Alty ringing me and telling me he had heard we were saved.  I drove round Alty beeping my horn and shouting "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss" out of window.  Locals who didn't even know we had a club must have thought I was potty

"Are you sat down, seriously are you sat down..."

Best phone call ever.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »

Living down south i just remember the news filtering through as it did in the old days when clubcall was all we had. Devestated and with a heavy heart I remember cancelling my £1 a week direct debit to the club fund which had been set up when we looked like promotion prospects a few years earlier. Likewise I thought we'd gone. I went up for the first game of the following season against Kettering and I was so drunk and happy at the game as we still had a club that nothing else mattered. What days to live through.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

arnald

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »

good luck to the alty tomorow , and all the fans that go

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

If it dies then surely it is not too much different than the loss of a family member, heartbreaking and devastating. I feel very sorry for fans of all teams in this state, it is never of thier making.

Can you imagine what the Maunders situation would have been like with Facebook and the internet.

I'll never forget it, I thought we were gone.

I'll never forget Glossop Alty ringing me and telling me he had heard we were saved.  I drove round Alty beeping my horn and shouting "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss" out of window.  Locals who didn't even know we had a club must have thought I was potty

"Are you sat down, seriously are you sat down..."

Best phone call ever.
If Carlsberg made phone calls................

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 11:29:34 PM »

Kettering are a big name in football, I hope they survive.  

Disagree.  The best bet to get footballl back in Kettering is via a new club.  Why?  The past few years of Kettering Towns histroy has left the name in absolute tatters.  CVAs have been agreed and not kept.  The owners have used (abused?) the club for publicity stunts; for example Gazza as manager (cringeworthingly embarrassing interviews), using the shirts for Pro-Palestinian purposes(breaks the rules as shirts should no be used for political purposes).  All sorts of goings on with the Rocky Road ground and then moving some miles up the road on a 25 year lease. The name of Kettering Town is now junk. Ladak and Rolls have dragged it through the mud.  They should be ashamed of themselves. 

There are circumstances where the best thing to do is collapse and start afresh.  Chester and Halifax spring to mind and I beleive this is the best thing that can happen for the fans of football in Kettering.

There is already a Kettering FC set up by a splinter group of fans, it appears that Ladakh managed to divide the fans though once KTFC collapse I am sure they will regroup around the phoenix. They have a fairly local example to follow - Rushden & Diamonds.

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »

If you love your football team it is unconditional - correct.
If it dies then surely it is not too much different than the loss of a family member - wrong. Totally different.  A person can never be replaced where as it is possible to find a new sport, a new club or follow a phonix club. I would swap Alty FC for Mrs York Alty back without batting an eyelid.
for fans of all teams in this state, it is never of thier making - correct
The Maunders episode should never ever be forgotten - correct.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:47:50 PM by York Alty »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »

Disagree.  The best bet to get footballl back in Kettering is via a new club.  Why?  The past few years of Kettering Towns histroy has left the name in absolute tatters.  CVAs have been agreed and not kept.  The owners have used (abused?) the club for publicity stunts; for example Gazza as manager (cringeworthingly embarrassing interviews), using the shirts for Pro-Palestinian purposes(breaks the rules as shirts should no be used for political purposes).  All sorts of goings on with the Rocky Road ground and then moving some miles up the road on a 25 year lease. The name of Kettering Town is now junk. Ladak and Rolls have dragged it through the mud.  They should be ashamed of themselves. 

There are circumstances where the best thing to do is collapse and start afresh.  Chester and Halifax spring to mind and I beleive this is the best thing that can happen for the fans of football in Kettering.

There is already a Kettering FC set up by a splinter group of fans, it appears that Ladakh managed to divide the fans though once KTFC collapse I am sure they will regroup around the phoenix. They have a fairly local example to follow - Rushden & Diamonds.

The problem Kettering have, which is the same one that Scarborough, Runcorn, Vics had or have is that they lost their ground too. So they really are starting from rock bottom. Chester, Halifax and Telford could wipe the slate clean but they carried on at the same venue so they had a head start.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »

good luck to the alty tomorow , and all the fans that go

I'm with vader top post

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »

They have a fairly local example to follow - Rushden & Diamonds.

The problem Kettering have, which is the same one that Scarborough, Runcorn, Vics had or have is that they lost their ground too. So they really are starting from rock bottom. Chester, Halifax and Telford could wipe the slate clean but they carried on at the same venue so they had a head start.

Very good point about the ground.  Never move out of your town is rule number one.  They have a fairly local example to follow - Rushden & Diamonds. They of course also ended up losing their ground.  The cursed Nene Park!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 truro city