PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 truro city
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: truro city  (Read 6273 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
truro city
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

had till 1700 today to come up with a new buyer otherwise they would have been kicked out of BS South.It appears Cornwall county Council who are broke have put up £10000 to help keep the club in the league.Bet they never asked Rick
Harold

York Alty

Re: truro city
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »

I have no details on their debts or financial arrangements but £10k is going to solve no long term problems.  This buys them time, but precious little else.  Nothing against Truro City, but I hope we don't get an away draw in the trophy.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »

I dont think they are thinking long term mate, getting through the week seems to be the order of the day.

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »

I have no details on their debts or financial arrangements but £10k is going to solve no long term problems.  This buys them time, but precious little else.  Nothing against Truro City, but I hope we don't get an away draw in the trophy.

I wouldn't mind truro away in trophy nice stay over in Cornwall

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 07:25:38 AM »

it said last night on westcountry news that the conferance has thrown out there plan and that time has run out .they needed to raise £50000 to continue in BSSouth,so looks like another team that overspent money they had not got have gone to the wall.
Harold

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »

it said last night on westcountry news that the conferance has thrown out there plan and that time has run out .they needed to raise £50000 to continue in BSSouth,so looks like another team that overspent money they had not got have gone to the wall.

the game V Dover has been postponed.  That's that then pretty much.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »

In the summer of 1999, Barrow were allowed entrance into the Northern Premier League almost a month after it had commenced with financial difficulties.  Miracles do happen, sad for the supporters hate seeing clubs go down the drain.  Hope Kettering sort it out as well.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »

JUST IN
The Administrator of Truro City Football Club confirmed last evening it had not been possible to meet the Football Conference’s requirements by the stated deadline of 5pm on Thursday, 11th October, enabling the club’s match against Dover Athletic to proceed on Saturday and for the club’s continued participation in the competition to be confirmed.

To avoid the visiting club from incurring any unnecessary expense, and consuming much time, Saturday’s fixture was postponed at 6.30pm on Thursday, well before Dover Athletic was due to commence its journey earlier today.

In respect of Truro City FC’s membership of the competition, the Board has received encouraging information from the Administrator about a potential buyer of the club.

This opportunity did not come to light until Wednesday evening so it was not possible for the Administrator to complete a purchase before close of business on Thursday.

At an emergency Board meeting held on Friday afternoon the Directors expressed their hope for this latest development and granted the club, through the Administrator, seven further days, until 5pm on Thursday, 18th October, to meet its requirements and complete a sale.

If the club fails to meet this deadline, the Board will be obliged to consider the club’s further participation in the competition.

Harold

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

seven days.  that sounds reasonable enough, good decision  (unlike the treatment doled out to Alty for Acc bloody Stanleys maladministration)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »

Ten years ago the Board of Altrincham FC released a statement saying "this club has huge debts by which we mean around £200,000 in total, it should be no great surprise to anyone to hear that we are keeping this club surviving on a day to day".

Its here in full http://www.lusa.u-net.com/board1.htm

We have had our own money problems, so why do some on here seem a little obsessed with other club troubles or do I have this wrong?  Yes we got through them but don't the local population of Kettering deserve a club in their own town to support and vice versa in Truro.  

I remember standing near Gerry Berman crumbling how much Andy Dibble was earning whilst having a complete mare at Marine away and yes Officer Dibble was having a f**kin nightmare. The figure Berman for Dibble's weekly wage was not peanuts, it was frankly daft and I walked away and shook my head.

Kettering are a big name in football, I hope they survive.  

JDN please dont reply

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:17:51 PM by Knutty Alty »

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »

I'm sure that when we were nearly going under then some people thought it was a shame and some people were deighted.

You tend to judge a club on it's worst points...and Kettering have had a fair few of those.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

Kettering are no angels Ecky but its their supporters who are the ones who suffer.  The ones who went to Rockingham Road every other week going about their own business like we do.  Grabbing a bus to Nene Park must have been soul destroying.

The same goes with Northwich Vics, we might have be born 10 miles east in Northwich green slime but you get the gist.  

and what do Truro City have to do with us?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:05:02 PM by Knutty Alty »

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »

I don't think i have read any of this as being happy about the situation at Truro, just that there is a sad inevitability about it all.
When I am in Cornwall I go to watch St Austell who play in the South West Peninsula Premier League in front of around 100, and until a few years ago Truro also played at that level with similar or lower crowds. Then along came Kevin Heaney, surprise surprise a property developer who decided to get Truro into the league and so started the rollercoaster farce of a small club massively outspending the opposition and moving rapidly through the league.
Have you heard this one before? Do you remember how it ends?
Heaney goes bust, loses interest, it all goes down the pan, the club almost certainly fold. Its just sad and shouldnt be allowed to happen but we go through the same farce with several different clubs every year.
Where is the regulation, the oversight provided by the authorities? Why are people allowed to do this?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »

If you love your football team it is unconditional, your team . your life.

If it dies then surely it is not too much different than the loss of a family member, heartbreaking and devastating. I feel very sorry for fans of all teams in this state, it is never of thier making.

The Maunders episode should never ever be forgotten.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 09:05:25 PM »

If you love your football team it is unconditional, your team . your life.

If it dies then surely it is not too much different than the loss of a family member, heartbreaking and devastating. I feel very sorry for fans of all teams in this state, it is never of thier making.

The Maunders episode should never ever be forgotten.

Can you imagine what the Maunders situation would have been like with Facebook and the internet.

I'll never forget it, I thought we were gone.

I'll never forget Glossop Alty ringing me and telling me he had heard we were saved.  I drove round Alty beeping my horn and shouting "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss" out of window.  Locals who didn't even know we had a club must have thought I was potty
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 truro city