PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO bonz & wilf
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: FAO bonz & wilf  (Read 21561 times)

Robin Reliant

Re: FAO bonz & wilf
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »

I always remember the capital city - Ougadougou

Catches a lot of people out at the pub quiz - name the worldīs 3 capital cities beginning with O.

Oslo, Ottawa as the other too. Surely Oranjestad counts as well though...

You raise an interesting point my hairy friend. Although Aruba is a country, it does not have independent status, I think because certain issues are still handled by the Netherlands. But I noticed that in the 2012 Olympics, athletes from the Netherlands Antilles competed as "Independent Athletes" as between 2008 and 2012 they declared some sort of autonomy, so I donīt know how this changes things.

Yeah, technically they're self governing but are still encompassed by the kingdom of the Netherlands. Interesting one and should definitely be worth a bonus point on any decent pub quiz...

Absolutely not!!! Accepting Aruba as an independent country would create global turmoil. What next, Wales?

Not quite, although I listen to Radio Robins from the former Independent Republic of Ynys Mon ( Anglesey to you !)
"Former", since the lot in Cardiff took over from the local politicians when they became a little too independent, and ran the place  without regard to "national" policies. Still the only place in the UK under "Direct Rule". New elections may occur next year if we're all well behaved  ;)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »

Descending from ynys mon, hence I'm in no way welsh, I always keep a keen interest in the results of the island games, moderate showing by the lads last time out.Got a win over Alderney though.

http://m.iiga.org/cms/FootballResults_________________________________________________d754145663b6a40d76d79adff5ee2ae5________________________________.pdf

We should arrange a contingent to travel to the games in jersey in 2015, Bermuda next year is a bit too far

bonz

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »

You lads seem to know your way around the world without any help but the postcode for where you want to park is DL4 1EZ.
  The best Scottish female singer tribute act I ever saw was in Burkina Faso - Ougadougou Lulu
  No more Ougadougou jokes from me after that one!!

York Alty

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2012, 03:58:40 PM »

If Kenny P was our Minister of Defence he could still shout "get yer subs on" should we declare war on the Parasitic Fiasco of Northwich.

bonz

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »

Just seen that a Blyth Spartans fan was giving you lot a bit of stick. A few of them weren't too pleased with us when we beat them 3-1 at their place pre-season either.

York Alty

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »

Just seen that a Blyth Spartans fan was giving you lot a bit of stick. A few of them weren't too pleased with us when we beat them 3-1 at their place pre-season either.

One of the Great Moments in Radio Robins History!

altyf

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »

One of the Great Moments in Radio Robins History!

That main stand at Croft Park is more intimidating than Napoli when they play Juve or Roma.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »

That main stand at Croft Park is more intimidating than Napoli when they play Juve or Roma.

Are you Alan Pardew in disguise promoting the area teams, 55000 screaming jordees every other week with thousands locked out.  ;D

altyf

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »

Are you Alan Pardew in disguise promoting the area teams, 55000 screaming jordees every other week with thousands locked out.  ;D

It was the second ground I ever cried in at the age of about 8

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »

Croft Park?  What Alty game was it mate?

Jezza

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »

just heard on radio 5 live that shildon's keeper was once so bored during an fa cup clash with bishop auckland that he built a snowman in his goal.....and that he once joined the crowd and read a paper????
....bit complacent I'd have thought?

any snow forecast for sat'dee?

altyf

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »

Croft Park?  What Alty game was it mate?

Unfortunately it was probably this one, in which case, embarrassingly, I was 9. Didnīt like the rowdy 90 year olds.

BLYTH SPARTANS (0) 1 ALTRINCHAM (0) 1

Unibond League Match, played on Saturday, 20 January 2001, at 3p.m.

74 mins: Jason GALLAGHER (Blyth Spartans 0 Altrincham 1)
84 mins: Richard FORSTER (pen.)(Blyth Spartans 1 Altrincham 1)

ATTENDANCE: 383

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 05:28:05 PM »

It was the second ground I ever cried in at the age of about 8

Young Master Flynn,

I suspect that I can name the first Alty game that reduced you to tears of unremitting sorrow:

Saturday, 30th October 1999

FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round Replay

Stalybridge Celtic...3  Altrincham...2

Mind you, the mere mention of a certain Martin Filson still tends to set me off into a torrent of uncontrollable sobbing even after all these years.... 

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »

Unfortunately it was probably this one, in which case, embarrassingly, I was 9. Didnīt like the rowdy 90 year olds.

I'm not suprised your cried, we had James Glendenning playing for us  :o

altyf

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »

I'm not suprised your cried, we had James Glendenning playing for us  :o

And Stuart Scheuber!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO bonz & wilf