PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildon away in FA Cup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Shildon away in FA Cup  (Read 24250 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shildon away in FA Cup
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »

;D Nice one Pukka pieman - dont know what pies we have but dont think they're pukka mate- sorry!! There's a fish shop just down the road that the Skemmy fans raved about when they were up and it's still as good as ever. We're a friendly bunch as well so looking forward to some good crack and I'm not buying into the idea you have no chance - I watched your Oxford City highlights- how many chances did you miss???
  Also if any of you fancy getting up early for a pre-match slurp I'm sure I'll be up for that

Sorry Bonz but I only normally travel to away games if they have pukka pies as I cant stand watching us get beat without a good feed and some of pies we get are pretty crap, like Hollands for example ::) but you seem such a friendly lot I might just make the trip, I drink babychams myself :D

If think I'm going to rise to the bait, think again ?

Bloody Babycham drinkers !

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »

Didnt expect to get a nibble off you Paul, make mine a babycham when I next see you mate ;D ;D ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »

Didnt expect to get a nibble off you Paul, make mine a babycham when I next see you mate ;D ;D ;D
I'll have a brandy with mine - just leave out the Babycham.........

altyf

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

I knew as soon as I left Newcastle for the year this would happen! Absolutey GUTTED to be missing this. Looks like a tremendous little ground.

It is a tough draw, regardless of how many leagues are between us. I´m sure every Alty fan can feel it in their bones that it will be no formality. Moreover it seems as though they could easily hold their own in the Evo-stick and that is no piss-poor league. Most teams coming up from evo stick and equivalent can clearly hold their own in the conf north (except for eastwood obviously who had specific financial problems).

However, I think we should be grateful to have avoided the nighmare draws (Chester, FC Halifax etc), concentrate on our game and go up there ready for a 90 minute battle! COME ON ALTY!

PS. Chris/Dec/Daisy/Toppers/Mike etc: speak to Conor and see if you can boost the away following with some Newcastle Uni recruitment. I´m sure a night out and hospitality in West Jesmond will be on offer!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:01:05 PM by Niall Flynn (Argentina Alty) »

wilf

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »

hello gents, iv nothing to say now as bonz has answered all your queries, but its taken me two days to be accepted onto your forum so im going to post anyway...get those buses filled up and dont be paying those prices in shildon town center, come in the clubhouse and sample our warm welcome,.. im sure youl enjoy your day, apart from the result  ;D... see you all next week...HAWAY SHILDON

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:55:20 PM by markecky »

York Alty

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »

yeah, don't go paying those fancy Shildon prices!

markecky

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »

hello gents, iv nothing to say now as bonz has answered all your queries, but its taken me two days to be accepted onto your forum so im going to post anyway...get those buses filled up and dont be paying those prices in shildon town center, come in the clubhouse and sample our warm welcome,.. im sure youl enjoy your day, apart from the result  ;D... see you all next week...HAWAY SHILDON

You were accepted on Monday at 5:33, 1 hr after Bonz was.  Just for tha record like....

bonz

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »

Just a reply about Wilf's post. He's the (brilliant) steward of Shildon AFC and obviously I wouldn't keep Alty fans away from our clubhouse for longer then necessary but I don't think he open's up till 1 o'clock. I was just saying that if any of you lot are up earlier I'd be happy to meet up and have an early drink or 7!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »

Any chance the managers going to come on here next?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »

Any chance the managers going to come on here next?
who Lee ? ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2012, 10:43:55 PM »

Another potential banana skin ::)

Sorry about this, but just to pick up on something that was mentioned in the Times last week. Why do people talk of potential banana skins? Isn't it rather a banana skin in itself, with it's inherent capacity to slip peopel up?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »

Shildon 3-2 liversidge
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2012, 09:25:06 PM »

Sorry about this, but just to pick up on something that was mentioned in the Times last week. Why do people talk of potential banana skins? Isn't it rather a banana skin in itself, with it's inherent capacity to slip peopel up?

I think what is meant is that it only becomes a banana skin after the upset (if there is one) takes place. Therefore before the event in which there is potential for upset it is only a potential banana skin.*

*Sorry to take pedantry to new heights!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »

Alty four nil winners, with wilf & bonz seeking santury in their clubhouse  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »

I think what is meant is that it only becomes a banana skin after the upset (if there is one) takes place. Therefore before the event in which there is potential for upset it is only a potential banana skin.
*Sorry to take pedantry to new heights!
There isn't room for another pedant on this forum. The banana skin is an inanimate object, and presents no danger to anybody - unless it is stepped upon. The danger is of an accident resulting from incautious approach to said yellow menace. So not a potential banana skin, more a potential banana skin induced lapse. I note that Shildon wear navy with red and yellow flashes on the shoulder. I don't like the sound of banana coloured flashes.

Been a long day. Matron says I must turn the light off and go to sleep. I would if she'd get out of my bed and give me some space....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildon away in FA Cup