News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 reeves and alty smashing it up again

Author Topic: reeves and alty smashing it up again  (Read 3488 times)

ROBBIE1

« on: September 04, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »

brillant performance by the lads reeves on fire, alty defo turning it around, hopefully more goals to come second half make it eight boys.

DAB @ ALTY

Re: reeves and alty smashing it up again
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »

While it is great to see us (Reevesy) scoring all these goals it is still a major concern to see us conceding so many yet again.
This morning we sit in eighth place in the league table,having scored fifteen but with thirteen conceded,the seven teams above
us are still in single figures.Hopefully that will change this Saturday when we slam a few past Oxford City.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »

Have to agree it's great to see altymessi banging 'em in for fun making football league managers all over the country look foolish.

But the fact we can't keep a clean sheet when 4-0 up worries me to the point where I'm merely cautiously optimistic.

I'd like to see us come back from a goal down V Oxford to win 3-1 to dump that paricular curse of not winning when we go behind... and then go on a run of ten games where we only concede about 3 goals but score..I dunno...about 50!  :D :D :D

it's normally about this time after a few thumping victories that a vauxhall motors style result brings us to earth with a thump so come on alty!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »

There was nothing to worry about from the defence last night.

We defended superbly. They were always going to have chances as the home side and a quality team at that.

The second half was a freak set of circumstances. They just had to pile forward and go for it with nothing to lose. We were restricting them to long weak shots that Coburn was dealing with easily. And when they did it in the box hall and haven were doing huge headers.

The goals concede last night were down to people who aren't defenders not doing simple things. However we dont need a witchhunt every time we concede and you can't pick holes in last night it just needs enjoying.

anglo alty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »

up to 8th and reevesey top of the pile life is starting to look better

forever red

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »

scoring sh*t loads again but conceding too many goals....again! happy that the team is winning and looking good going forward but something still needs to be done about the defence

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:52 AM »

scoring sh*t loads again but conceding too many goals....again! happy that the team is winning and looking good going forward but something still needs to be done about the defence
if we win 4 2 every week i can live with that thanks
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »

It really wasn't like that but I can't be arsed explaining it again.

It was never going to end 4-0 and it was a freak game.  The defence was excellent on Tuesday, including Leather who replaced Densmore.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »

Leather is a fantastic surname for a non-league player.
Best non-league name I have heard is Reg Leather, wonder if there's a connection!!

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »

Best non-league name I have heard is Reg Leather, wonder if there's a connection!!

Oh for the days when footballers were called Reg and Cyril!

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »

I quite liked their sub Bradley Barraclough. Sounded like a cert to turn out for a Yorkshire club.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team