PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott confident of Robins' recovery
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sinnott confident of Robins' recovery  (Read 6749 times)

York Alty

Re: Sinnott confident of Robins' recovery
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »

Three possible results

we lose - game ends in plenty for verbals for Lee. This forum goes into heart attack mode.  More strain in the dressing room and less confidence. A heavy defeat coupled with an overall poor performance could be it for Lee.

we draw - depends if it's a goalless draw.  If we keep a clean sheet Lee can legitimately claim an improvement at the back at least.  A 3-3 draw and we're not really any further forward are we.

we win - everyone goes home happier than they did after Chester. A win coupled with a clean sheet and maybe we can look forward a bit more.

I'm not sure where this post is going to be honest!

COME ON ALTY FOR FECKS SAKE COME ON.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »

We need a win to boost our confidence and try and start a run and get some consistency.

A win against Histon will not suddenly make everything OK but its a start and all we can do at the moment.  The confidence from a win against Histon may get us something at Gainsborough.

We played better against Chester and showed some signs of our good forward play from last year.  With Clee that will only increase (unless he plays at left back which surely he just can't).

I love Alty TV but it allows you to analyse every goal and see every player that should have closed down or pick holes in every goal.  I've just watched a Barcelona centre half defend like that dick from Alfreton we had last year.

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »

If Twitter is to be believed, Havern was unhappy with his own performance at the weekend and is determined to improve. Let's hope he and the rest of the backline sort themselves out, develop that understanding and start to look a lot more solid. If we can get a couple of good results in these next two we'll all feel a lot better. Then we can take a big following to Oxford on a bit of a high and start to get ourselves on a bit of a roll.

I genuinely believe we have the personnel to do well in this league. Maybe one more midfielder would be good and another striker if we're being really greedy. But all things considered, we should be the type of team that can pull out a couple of six match unbeaten runs without it being a surprise.

Come on Lee. Most sane people want to give you a chance. Whip these lads into shape and get us up that table.

VofD

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »

We might go and win every game from now on ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ForeverAlty

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »

If Twitter is to be believed, Havern was unhappy with his own performance at the weekend and is determined to improve. Let's hope he and the rest of the backline sort themselves out, develop that understanding and start to look a lot more solid. If we can get a couple of good results in these next two we'll all feel a lot better. Then we can take a big following to Oxford on a bit of a high and start to get ourselves on a bit of a roll.

I genuinely believe we have the personnel to do well in this league. Maybe one more midfielder would be good and another striker if we're being really greedy. But all things considered, we should be the type of team that can pull out a couple of six match unbeaten runs without it being a surprise.

Come on Lee. Most sane people want to give you a chance. Whip these lads into shape and get us up that table.
Densmore was upset about his freekick aswell... From his twitter. Shaun Densmore‏@sdensmore88

''If anyone sees a ball land in the greater Manchester area then let me know as it was probably due to my "free kick". Cheers.''

ForeverAlty

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

VofD

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »

This really is the crux of the matter.

In Lee Sinnott's term as Alty's manager to date, the longest unbeaten run that we have managed to compile has comprised four games.
There have simply been too many false dawns.

After our disappointing opening to the campaign, it really is time to improve on that statistic.

Please, can we stop pussyfooting around; eliminate the recurrent defensive clangers and then remain unbeaten throughout the entire month of September, which comprises five league fixtures and that all-important FA Cup tie?

It would do wonders for Mr Sinnott's credibility and, who knows, perhaps even those currently sceptical supporters would begin to share Banbury Alty's optimism regarding our prospects?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »

I share his optimism to be honest.

I will however be concerned if we are bottom half of the table come Christmas.

Until then I will see what happens and wont be calling for the managers head which would involve contract payments that the club can ill afford.

We have the players, we have the manager, we just need to do it.

We are all frustrated I know that but continued arguing and sniping at the manager and players will only make the situation worse as pressure continues to mount.

Personally I think we have played two promotion pushing sides and improved our result from last year against harrogate. Cant remember the Vauxhall game but I think we got beat last year?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:49:29 PM by Teaser »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »

Until then I will see what happens and wont be calling for the managers head which would involve contract payments that the club can ill afford.

Personally I think we have played two promotion pushing sides and improved our result from last year against harrogate. Cant remember the Vauxhall game but I think we got beat last year?

We drew 2-2 at Vauxhall Motors last season.

Also, I'm not sure that Lee Sinnott is actually working under a contract.
Would anyone care to verify this?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »

Also, I'm not sure that Lee Sinnott is actually working under a contract.
Would anyone care to verify this?

B,
No, I think what he's working under is a dark cloud. :D

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »

I thought he had a two year contract but may be wrong

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »

I love Alty TV but it allows you to analyse every goal and see every player that should have closed down or pick holes in every goal.  I've just watched a Barcelona centre half defend like that dick from Alfreton we had last year.

Yeah, I watched Barcelona defend like us last night as well. I thought exactly the same thing.

I'm not taking any team or any decent result in this league lightly, just that to say a win against Histon would not alieviate all the concerns I have. We beat them twice last year and it did nothing for us. I want to see more solidity though. We won't be anywhere near the bottom half in a bit though.

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »

I thought he had a two year contract but may be wrong

no you are thinking of his two year plan, however just like this plan, as far as I know his contract is non-existant.

I think Heathcote was on a contract and worked full time, but Lee is part time and isn't on contract.

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »

Managing a team at this level on a part-time basis seems like a huge ask to me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott confident of Robins' recovery